Re: Post nothing for good reason (NSFW)

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

What if it was one guy with six guns?
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

What if it was one guy with six guns?
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Biker wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:01 pm Image
And then wonder why it bombs. :lol:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:04 pm
What bombed?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:10 pm
What bombed?
Off the top of my head but there are more:

Like It Or Not, ‘The Marvels’ Has Now Bombed In Every Way Possible
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/ ... b4073b473d

Disney’s Indiana Jones 5 took in $300 million at the box office so far—a disaster for CEO Bob Iger and Lucasfilm
https://fortune.com/2023/07/19/disney-i ... lucasfilm/

Why Lightyear Bombed At The Box Office, And What We Can Learn From It
Read More: https://www.slashfilm.com/911503/why-li ... n-from-it/

And before you go on about something else Rick, my comment refers to the Disney habit of race swapping, gender swapping and pushing agendas leading to outright bombs or underperforming releases. Disney publicly admitted that many customers were not on board with their activism causing and/or contributing to diminished revenue and profits:
“Generally, our revenues and profitability are adversely impacted when our entertainment offerings and products, as well as our methods to make our offerings and products available to consumers, do not achieve sufficient consumer acceptance,” the company said in its SEC filing."
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:53 pm
What bombed?

Disney’s Indiana Jones 5 took in $300 million at the box office so far—a disaster for CEO Bob Iger and Lucasfilm

And before you go on about something else Rick, my comment refers to the Disney habit of race swapping, gender swapping and pushing agendas leading to outright bombs or underperforming releases. Disney publicly admitted that many customers were not on board with their activism causing and/or contributing to diminished revenue and profits:
“Generally, our revenues and profitability are adversely impacted when our entertainment offerings and products, as well as our methods to make our offerings and products available to consumers, do not achieve sufficient consumer acceptance,” the company said in its SEC filing."
Sorry, I didn't realize that Indiana Jones and Buzz Lightyear were race and gender swapped.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:21 pm
What bombed?

Sorry, I didn't realize that Indiana Jones and Buzz Lightyear were race and gender swapped.
Pushing agendas he said
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:52 pm
What bombed?

Pushing agendas he said
Then he used pretty shitty examples.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Indiana Jones had to go under an estimated 5 reshoots because the original story-line had Indiana Jones gender swapped into a woman via the time travel device. Test screenings were absolutely dreadful and public outcry was enormous for that so multiple reshoots and rewrites finally settled on a re-writing that kept Indy a man but the public relations damage had already been done.

Buzz Lightyear was more about an agenda push which CEO Bob Iger publicly acknowledged has gotten out of hand under the Disney umbrella. Conservative voice actor Tim Allen is cast aside and gay stuff just had to be inserted into a childrens movie. Cast aside the beloved voice of an iconic character and insert controversial stuff into a kids movie? Public relations disaster commences.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:57 pm
Indiana Jones had to go under an estimated 5 reshoots because the original story-line had Indiana Jones gender swapped into a woman via the time travel device. Test screenings were absolutely dreadful and public outcry was enormous for that so multiple reshoots and rewrites finally settled on a re-writing that kept Indy a man but the public relations damage had already been done.
:lol: what?? can you give me a source for this gender swapping of Indiana Jones?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:57 pm

Buzz Lightyear was more about an agenda push which CEO Bob Iger publicly acknowledged has gotten out of hand under the Disney umbrella. Conservative voice actor Tim Allen is cast aside and gay stuff just had to be inserted into a childrens movie. Cast aside the beloved voice of an iconic character and insert controversial stuff into a kids movie? Public relations disaster commences.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Cheezy nailed it and both Bombed as a result. Prove him wrong. We will be waiting.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:43 pm Cheezy nailed it and both Bombed as a result. Prove him wrong. We will be waiting.
Indiana Jones and Lightyear bombed because they were just bad movies. Like, really bad movies. Indiana Jones should never have even been made. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking!
Sometimes studios make bad movies. It happens.

That said, "The Little Mermaid" was the 7th highest grossing movie of 2023. It made $600 million.
And they made the mermaid a black chick.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

can someone please link me to something that confirms the gender swapping they attempted with Indiana Jones and the test audiences?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:05 am can someone please link me to something that confirms the gender swapping they attempted with Indiana Jones and the test audiences?
I can not. I watched the first 2 Indiana Jones movies when they came out. Haven't seen any of the follow ups.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:19 am
Animal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:05 am can someone please link me to something that confirms the gender swapping they attempted with Indiana Jones and the test audiences?
I can not. I watched the first 2 Indiana Jones movies when they came out. Haven't seen any of the follow ups.
that was 43 years ago.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:21 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:19 am
that was 43 years ago.
Welcome to my World. And still couldn't avoid the Hollywood horror of seeing an 80 year old Harrison Ford milking the franchise for all it's worth. Who needs a black Ariel with all these Hollywood geniuses about.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

What next. A 50+ Tom Cruise playing a Top Gun jet fighter instructor? Oh, wait.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:29 am What next. A 50+ Tom Cruise playing a Top Gun jet fighter instructor? Oh, wait.
we seem to be stuck in a time warp of remakes. there's lots of unique and new movies, but there is also a swamp of re-makes. tv is unwatchable with all of the remade game shows and 20+ seasonth of some reality show or talent show. this is not a political problem. its an entertainment production problem.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:36 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:29 am What next. A 50+ Tom Cruise playing a Top Gun jet fighter instructor? Oh, wait.
we seem to be stuck in a time warp of remakes. there's lots of unique and new movies, but there is also a swamp of re-makes. tv is unwatchable with all of the remade game shows and 20+ seasonth of some reality show or talent show. this is not a political problem. its an entertainment production problem.
Totally agree. But the basics of the entire entertainment business model going back forever is to sell tickets and stay away from politics when you can. De Niro- "Fuck Trump" to wild applause. Congrats you just alienated 50% of your audience. Could be somebody doing the same stupid ass shit on the right. Just like these companies going "woke" over the last decade. STFU and put out your "product" without all the BS and if it's good, you may be pleasantly surprised to find people will actually buy a lot of it and you just saved yourself a lot of angst and drama. Imagine that.