Baltimore Bridge...Gone!

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Ricrude
No life apart from this stupid forum board
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

Baltimore Bridge...Gone!

Post by Ricrude »

How do you take it out on a clear night?

Medical Emergency
Bad helmsman
Bad directions
Drugs and or alcohol
Terrorism...foreign or domestic

It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Baltimore Bridge...Gone!

Post by Reservoir Dog »

The ship had several power failures and went off course.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
rule34

Post by rule34 »

Couldn't of done it better with explosives.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:27 pm The ship had several power failures and went off course.
If thats the case, is it known for how long the power failures occurred? Where was the distress signal? How could they allow the ship to get close to the bridge?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:34 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:27 pm The ship had several power failures and went off course.
If thats the case, is it known for how long the power failures occurred? Where was the distress signal? How could they allow the ship to get close to the bridge?
The ship was sending out Maydays prior to hitting the bridge.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Ricrude
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

Post by Ricrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:40 pm
Biker wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:34 pm
The ship was sending out Maydays prior to hitting the bridge.
The maritime liability carrier is getting one helluva lawsuit.
It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

in...3,2,1
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Ricrude wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:20 pm

in...3,2,1
Here we go... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rule34

Post by rule34 »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:36 pm

in...3,2,1
So I was right.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

rule34 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:50 pm

in...3,2,1
So I was right.
Oh, yeah! Fer sure!
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

rule34 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:50 pm

in...3,2,1
So I was right.
About Diddy...not enough explosives...
WarmBidetWater
Forum God

Post by WarmBidetWater »

Current info is that power on the ship was lost briefly, then restored, the ship then veered from one side of the channel to the other with the bow going out of the channel, and then hit a bridge support at upwards of 8 knots and the bridge immediately fell. At some point after losing power a mayday was issued from the ship and the MDOT shut down the bridge. Alas the workers doing road work on the bridge didn't get the info and ended up in the water when the bridge collapsed. I have to wonder if some bad decisions were made on the ship after losing power that caused the boat to veer to the starboard and hit the bridge support.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Well, that is sort of good news. They sent out a mayday. The MDOT shut down the bridge. There probably wasn't a way to warn the workers on the bridge, but they at least kept traffic off the bridge.
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

As someone that lives in the Baltimore area, this is gonna severely fuck shit up not just for Baltimore or the state of MD, but for the northeast corridor. Port of Baltimore is a major import/export hub and that will be closed until they can clean out the shipping channels. I feel bad for the commuters that depended on that bridge. There are two tunnels that do under the harbor but I bet traffic will suck for quite awhile.
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

That is just awful! It's the first thing I saw when I woke up yesterday and turned on the TV was that cargo ship hitting the bridge.
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

in...3,2,1
I'm so over these conspiracy dipshits.
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

disco.moon wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:54 am

in...3,2,1
Agreed...
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I was reading about the 6 people that (probably) died in the accident. They were all working on the bridge.

1 from El Salvador
1 from Honduras
2 from Guatamala
2 from Mexico
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

WarmBidetWater wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:58 pm Current info is that power on the ship was lost briefly, then restored, the ship then veered from one side of the channel to the other with the bow going out of the channel, and then hit a bridge support at upwards of 8 knots and the bridge immediately fell. At some point after losing power a mayday was issued from the ship and the MDOT shut down the bridge. Alas the workers doing road work on the bridge didn't get the info and ended up in the water when the bridge collapsed. I have to wonder if some bad decisions were made on the ship after losing power that caused the boat to veer to the starboard and hit the bridge support.
I wonder when the power was lost if the ship was steered off course due to any strong current or the steerage went to the right due to the direction that the propellers were turning...
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Ricrude wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:27 pm
WarmBidetWater wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:58 pm Current info is that power on the ship was lost briefly, then restored, the ship then veered from one side of the channel to the other with the bow going out of the channel, and then hit a bridge support at upwards of 8 knots and the bridge immediately fell. At some point after losing power a mayday was issued from the ship and the MDOT shut down the bridge. Alas the workers doing road work on the bridge didn't get the info and ended up in the water when the bridge collapsed. I have to wonder if some bad decisions were made on the ship after losing power that caused the boat to veer to the starboard and hit the bridge support.
I wonder when the power was lost if the ship was steered off course due to any strong current or the steerage went to the right due to the direction that the propellers were turning...
i am kind of surprised to learn that these HUGE ships aren't tied to tug boats when they are in the vicinity of sensitive infrastructure. I just always thought there was more control over them.
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

nerd_alert wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:29 pm As someone that lives in the Baltimore area, this is gonna severely fuck shit up not just for Baltimore or the state of MD, but for the northeast corridor. Port of Baltimore is a major import/export hub and that will be closed until they can clean out the shipping channels. I feel bad for the commuters that depended on that bridge. There are two tunnels that do under the harbor but I bet traffic will suck for quite awhile.
Yes...we've already received notice that import maritime traffic will be diverted to Port of NY/NJ, Norfolk and Charleston SC to a lesser extent...maybe Savannah GA. but We don't think Wilmington NC can handle much excess...maybe 1-2 ships a week. That 695 outer loop in going to be a bear with the bridge out...transportation just got more expensive to the northeast from the south with 81 to 76 being a major alternative depending on where you come from.
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

Animal wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:31 pm
Ricrude wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:27 pm
i am kind of surprised to learn that these HUGE ships aren't tied to tug boats when they are in the vicinity of sensitive infrastructure. I just always thought there was more control over them.
Most Ports do...and I think there was genuine surprise that in a major port this wasn't done...especially at night with a bridge in your route. Tug optional...
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
peterosehaircut

Post by peterosehaircut »

Ricrude wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:25 pm
disco.moon wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:54 am

in...3,2,1
Agreed...
Yeah I thought those exploding looking things were just high voltage power lines becoming disconnected.
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

Animal wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:27 pm I was reading about the 6 people that (probably) died in the accident. They were all working on the bridge.

1 from El Salvador
1 from Honduras
2 from Guatamala
2 from Mexico
Cause migrants will work the shitty night shifts that the whities wont.

Divers recovered 2 of the men this morning from a pickup truck under 25 feet of water. I believe they are switching from a recovery mode to a salvage mode because of all the twisted metal and the difficulty/danger to divers. I can only hope they died quickly or were unconscious when they hit the water. At least they would have gone peaceably that way.