WWIII?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: WWIII?

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:28 pm
Animal wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:46 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:58 am
Animal wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:16 pm
the US asked Israel to stay on the sidelines during the Iraq war.
Totally, AIPAC was pushing for an invasion of Iraq involving Israeli soldiers until the Neocons decided it was more important to keep the Jordanians and Saudi Arabians involved and told them to sit it out.

https://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03 ... index.html
so if you know Israel was asked to sit out of the war in Iraq, why are you surprised that Israel didn't get involved in the war in Iraq?
I didn't say I was surprised. I am upset they are lobbying us to fight wars they won't be a part of. Pretty shitty thing to do to an "ally".
its hard to follow your logic here. the US specifically asked Israel to stay out of the Gulf War because the US needed the coalition of Arab Nations that surrounded Iraq and they were afraid that those nations would not line up along side Israel. That seems pretty simple to understand. You are upset that they agreed to that?
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:49 pm
Totally, AIPAC was pushing for an invasion of Iraq involving Israeli soldiers until the Neocons decided it was more important to keep the Jordanians and Saudi Arabians involved and told them to sit it out.

so if you know Israel was asked to sit out of the war in Iraq, why are you surprised that Israel didn't get involved in the war in Iraq?
I didn't say I was surprised. I am upset they are lobbying us to fight wars they won't be a part of. Pretty shitty thing to do to an "ally".
its hard to follow your logic here. the US specifically asked Israel to stay out of the Gulf War because the US needed the coalition of Arab Nations that surrounded Iraq and they were afraid that those nations would not line up along side Israel. That seems pretty simple to understand. You are upset that they agreed to that?
My logic is that Israel and their lobby (and Bibi) encouraged wars they would not fight that cost American blood and treasure. Open your eyes and start to be leary of your "allies" that use you for their benefit.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Burn1dwn wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 am

My logic is that Israel and their lobby (and Bibi) encouraged wars they would not fight that cost American blood and treasure. Open your eyes and start to be leary of your "allies" that use you for their benefit.
All due respect, I couldn't disagree with this statement any more fully. It totally ignores the history on both sides going back almost 80 years.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:53 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:58 am Totally, AIPAC was pushing for an invasion of Iraq involving Israeli soldiers until the Neocons decided it was more important to keep the Jordanians and Saudi Arabians involved and told them to sit it out.

All due respect, I couldn't disagree with this statement any more fully. It totally ignores the history on both sides going back almost 80 years.
How does the ongoing dispute between Israel and the Palestinian non-nation population change the fact that Israel uses the US and its politicians as a resource and supplement to their regional power?

Mostly through lobbying and lecturing for Israel's benefit.

Defintely not as a mutually benificial relationship like alliances should be.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Burn1dwn wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:45 pm

How does the ongoing dispute between Israel and the Palestinian non-nation population change the fact that Israel uses the US and its politicians as a resource and supplement to their regional power?

You are lens focused on the current situation at the cost of ignoring the last 80 years of history. Throw out the fact that since WW2 and our rise to global policemen, we have always taken a dim view on mass bullying by stronger powers invading weaker ones (Israel being attacked by 5 Arab armies the DAY their nation was declared 1947/ 1968, 1973 same thing). It's the fact that in that very sensitive, volatile area (ME) during the red hot Cold War 1950's- 1990's (hottest outside W Europe), Israel was always our staunchest (along with Saudi Arabia) Allies and anchor. Also what you can't throw out is that Israel has for 40 years offered the political authority of the Palestinians people (PLO, HAMAS, whoever) their own homeland in their own tiny country. Turned down flat. Know why? Because they each had as their stated major objective the total destruction of the Israeli State and the murder of all it's citizens. Oct 7th pretty much proved that.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:00 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:28 pm I didn't say I was surprised. I am upset they are lobbying us to fight wars they won't be a part of. Pretty shitty thing to do to an "ally".

You are lens focused on the current situation at the cost of ignoring the last 80 years of history. Throw out the fact that since WW2 and our rise to global policemen, we have always taken a dim view on mass bullying by stronger powers invading weaker ones (Israel being attacked by 5 Arab armies the DAY their nation was declared 1947/ 1968, 1973 same thing). It's the fact that in that very sensitive, volatile area (ME) during the red hot Cold War 1950's- 1990's (hottest outside W Europe), Israel was always our staunchest (along with Saudi Arabia) Allies and anchor. Also what you can't throw out is that Israel has for 40 years offered the political authority of the Palestinians people (PLO, HAMAS, whoever) their own homeland in their own tiny country. Turned down flat. Know why? Because they each had as their stated major objective the total destruction of the Israeli State and the murder of all it's citizens. Oct 7th pretty much proved that.
Name one thing that Israel did for the US in the Middle East besides cost us money and lives. Our main focus in the Middle East as a country should be oil. If we are the world police, liberating Palestinians should be high on the list.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Watch these....all 6 parts...

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Burn1dwn wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:27 pm

Name one thing that Israel did for the US in the Middle East besides cost us money and lives. Our main focus in the Middle East as a country should be oil. If we are the world police, liberating Palestinians should be high on the list.
Yeah, those videos of most Palestinians crying with joy, celebrating with ecstasy as the Twin Towers collapsed on 9-11 and 3,000 US citizens were slaughtered should just be ignored. I'm suggesting your lens focus is all screwed up.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:40 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 am My logic is that Israel and their lobby (and Bibi) encouraged wars they would not fight that cost American blood and treasure. Open your eyes and start to be leary of your "allies" that use you for their benefit.

Yeah, those videos of most Palestinians crying with joy, celebrating with ecstasy as the Twin Towers collapsed on 9-11 and 3,000 US citizens were slaughtered should just be ignored. I'm suggesting your lens focus is all screwed up.
You keep bringing Palestinians into the equation. I ask you again, name one thing that has blindly supporting Israel has done for the country we live in?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Burn1dwn wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:17 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:40 pm

You keep bringing Palestinians into the equation. I ask you again, name one thing that has blindly supporting Israel has done for the country we live in?
A major portion of our Country's victory in the nearly half century Cold War against Communism. And that just covers that.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:07 am A major portion of our Country's victory in the nearly half century Cold War against Communism. And that just covers that.
Major portion? I disagree with that.

If anything the ME is one of the main hot spots left after the Collapse of the Soviet Union.

We bribed Egypt & Israel to make peace, which is what jump started the Islamic Fundie movement in the ME that is still raging to this day (and cost us dearly). And now Egypt is cozy with Russia while taking huge amounts of aid from the US. You think Russia calls that a defeat?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Burn1dwn wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:14 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:07 am A major portion of our Country's victory in the nearly half century Cold War against Communism. And that just covers that.
Major portion? I disagree with that.

If anything the ME is one of the main hot spots left after the Collapse of the Soviet Union.

We bribed Egypt & Israel to make peace, which is what jump started the Islamic Fundie movement in the ME that is still raging to this day (and cost us dearly). And now Egypt is cozy with Russia while taking huge amounts of aid from the US. You think Russia calls that a defeat?
Notice you called them "Russia" instead of the Soviet Union? You don't get a bigger defeat than that on the World stage. A lot of Blood, Sweat and Money went into that helped by staunch allies like Israel.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i gotta agree whole heartedly with CTC on this one. Being pro-Palestinian might be the new hipster thing to do, but it disregards many many years of history and many smart people that came before us. I learned a long time ago that if things have been done a certain way for a long time, then there is probably a good reason for it. and i don't need to see any anti israeli propoganda videos, I'm sure there's tons of those out there.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:46 pm i gotta agree whole heartedly with CTC on this one. Being pro-Palestinian might be the new hipster thing to do, but it disregards many many years of history and many smart people that came before us. I learned a long time ago that if things have been done a certain way for a long time, then there is probably a good reason for it. and i don't need to see any anti israeli propoganda videos, I'm sure there's tons of those out there.
I guess pigs are flying. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

stonedmegman wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:01 pm
Animal wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:46 pm i gotta agree whole heartedly with CTC on this one. Being pro-Palestinian might be the new hipster thing to do, but it disregards many many years of history and many smart people that came before us. I learned a long time ago that if things have been done a certain way for a long time, then there is probably a good reason for it. and i don't need to see any anti israeli propoganda videos, I'm sure there's tons of those out there.
:lol: I know. it was difficult to type that.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Nah. It's just reality.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:02 pm
stonedmegman wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:01 pm
:lol: I know. it was difficult to type that.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

the pigs are in search of cooler climates for the summer months. large coveys of pigs have been seen heading north in recent weeks.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:46 pm I learned a long time ago that if things have been done a certain way for a long time, then there is probably a good reason for it.
Unless we are talking about slavery or disagreeing with CTC. Right?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:12 am
Animal wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:46 pm I learned a long time ago that if things have been done a certain way for a long time, then there is probably a good reason for it.
:lol: yeah. its the same as slavery.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 am
I was agreeing with you. How long something is done, is an indication of how wise it is to continue to practice. Those are the outliers. :lol:
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Israel is certainly no angel. We all know this.
In the region however they are a western democracy surrounded by fucknuts. They have free and legitimate elections, women have rights, they are a free society, they recognize and value research, science and the advancement of society...that means something in the grand scheme of things. Historically we could generally count on them for intelligence assistance and even as a proxy if need be.
Does it mean we should blindly support them? Of course not but I think it does mean we have to recognize and understand their unique situation in the region.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 am
Animal wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 am
I was agreeing with you. How long something is done, is an indication of how wise it is to continue to practice. Those are the outliers. :lol:
or plowing with horses. which would also be an outlier if that was the same thing. but it isn't.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:48 am Israel is certainly no angel. We all know this.
In the region however they are a western democracy surrounded by fucknuts. They have free and legitimate elections, women have rights, they are a free society, they recognize and value research, science and the advancement of society...that means something in the grand scheme of things. Historically we could generally count on them for intelligence assistance and even as a proxy if need be.
Does it mean we should blindly support them? Of course not but I think it does mean we have to recognize and understand their unique situation in the region.
100% agree with this. I would just add that Israel has a lot of fucknuts in their country too. Fucknuts that keep growing in numbers and power. These fucknuts also help keep the perpetual war with Palestinians (and Iran to a degree) going. The current leader of Israel has exploited the fucknuts to remain in power.

How come we can't exert our influence to "encourage" a return to the middle in Israeli politics? AIPAC sure as hell meddles in our politics and pushes for certain leaders and action that benefit their country.

Asking Israel to make an effort at a diplomatic resolution to their battle with the non-nation populations on its borders an seems like a reasonable request for our support. Especially when their extreme agenda costs us more money and political capital the longer it carries on.