Tractor Supply backtracks hard on woke agenda

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Tractor Supply backtracks hard on woke agenda

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Backstory:
Tractor Supply is beloved by many folks across the country as a rural, family friendly down home type shopping option. It was not common knowledge that the company was actually supporting a bunch of things its typical customers would not be OK with: DEI, pride bullshit etc.
A fairly well known Tik-Tocker posted footage of the ultra-progressive HQ and forced agenda materials within.
This prompted IMMEDIATE customer backlash resulting in a stock crash and much bad publicity.
Apparently, Tractor Supply learned from Bud Light and knocked that shit off ASAP and even issued a public response on how they wont be involved with supporting that stuff anymore. :lol:
--------
(Bolding is mine)
Tractor Supply Company Statement
June 27, 2024
For more than 85 years, Tractor Supply has been focused on one thing…serving Life Out Here. Every day our 50,000 Team Members take care of our customers like family. We deeply value our relationship with our customers and the communities we call home.

We are passionate about being good neighbors in our hometowns because without you, we would not be what we are. It is imperative to us that our customers’ hard-earned dollars are taking care of our Team Members and the communities we all love. As you supported us, we have invested millions of dollars in veteran causes, emergency response, animal shelters, state fairs, rodeos and farmers markets. We have also invested in the future of rural America. We are the largest supporter of FFA and have longstanding relationships with 4-H and other educational organizations.

We work hard to live up to our Mission and Values every day and represent the values of the communities and customers we serve. We have heard from customers that we have disappointed them. We have taken this feedback to heart.

Going forward, we will ensure our activities and giving tie directly to our business. For instance, this means we will:

No longer submit data to the Human Rights Campaign
Refocus our Team Member Engagement Groups on mentoring, networking and supporting the business
Further focus on rural America priorities including ag education, animal welfare, veteran causes and being a good neighbor and stop sponsoring nonbusiness activities like pride festivals and voting campaigns
Eliminate DEI roles and retire our current DEI goals while still ensuring a respectful environment
Withdraw our carbon emission goals and focus on our land and water conservation efforts
We will continue to listen to our customers and Team Members. Your trust and confidence in us are of the utmost importance, and we don’t take that lightly.

As we look forward to celebrating our nation’s independence, we also celebrate our more than 50,000 team members across 2,250 stores. Rural communities are the backbone of our nation and what make America great. We are honored to be a part of them.

We are always here and ready to serve you and your family with our legendary service for the life you love. See you in the stores.
-------------------------
We are turning the tide! :D
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Tractor Supply backtracks hard on woke agenda

Post by Animal »

if Tractor Supply does anything as a company, they need better trained people in their stores that are willing to jump in and help a customer find exactly what they are looking for. They need to visit some Ace Hardware stores and take notes on customer service. I'm sure the woke/anti woke stuff is important too, but if i just need a clevis pin for 3 point hitch, I need someone to make that a 5 minute search, not a scavenger hunt. I'm not there to brush up on what social movements corporate is involved in.
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

I had an embarrasing moment there at my local store some years ago. I was gathering nuts and bolts for my mower that's hooked to my 1947 ford tractor. The mower had sat out back of my parents for years so bearings were shot, things were rusted. So I'm gathering stuff and a worker asked if I needed help. i didn't really look at the guy I just told him "Oh I'm getting this mower going, kind of funny I plowed snow with the tractor for my neighbors since I was about 8 years old, but was never allowed to go near it with the mower attached, so I'm just trying to figure it out, I suppose mom was worried I'd cut my arm off or something" so the worker alright I'll be over at the service counter." As he walked away I then looked at him, and, you guessed it, he only had one arm. I felt like shit. so I got the store manager and told him what happened and said I'd like to apologize and he laughed it off, "no need to, the guy jokes about only having one arm all the time" . But I still felt like shit. Just standing side by side with the guy, not really looking at him as I spoke, I just didn't see he was missing an arm.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

jsdspif wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:46 pm I had an embarrasing moment there at my local store some years ago. I was gathering nuts and bolts for my mower that's hooked to my 1947 ford tractor. The mower had sat out back of my parents for years so bearings were shot, things were rusted. So I'm gathering stuff and a worker asked if I needed help. i didn't really look at the guy I just told him "Oh I'm getting this mower going, kind of funny I plowed snow with the tractor for my neighbors since I was about 8 years old, but was never allowed to go near it with the mower attached, so I'm just trying to figure it out, I suppose mom was worried I'd cut my arm off or something" so the worker alright I'll be over at the service counter." As he walked away I then looked at him, and, you guessed it, he only had one arm. I felt like shit. so I got the store manager and told him what happened and said I'd like to apologize and he laughed it off, "no need to, the guy jokes about only having one arm all the time" . But I still felt like shit. Just standing side by side with the guy, not really looking at him as I spoke, I just didn't see he was missing an arm.
i have a paver operator that has one hand. I was on a jobsite one time and some smart ass safety man shows up and he's just combing through every fucking thing. hard hats, vests, safety goggles, steel toed boots, pulley guards, everything you can think of for a safety man. And he's being a complete dick about it thinking he's impressing me with his knowledge of the rules. The crew is scampering around trying to fix everything and get it like he wants and he sees my paving foreman and with this real smart ass tone he says, "I guess you lost that hand in this piece of equipment (talking about our slipform paver). The foreman looks at him and looks down at his own arm and says, "no, I was born with it like this". You could just feel the embarassment washing over the guy. But at least he left and left us alone to get back to paving.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I'm kind of torn on this one. I want to go support them because they did make the right decision but why were they leaning into the "woke" bullshit to begin with?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:04 pm I'm kind of torn on this one. I want to go support them because they did make the right decision but why were they leaning into the "woke" bullshit to begin with?
It began in 2020 when the media pressured all businesses to go along with it in the wake of Saint George, so if you look at it with that backdrop it makes total sense
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

jsdspif wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:46 pm I had an embarrasing moment there at my local store some years ago. I was gathering nuts and bolts for my mower that's hooked to my 1947 ford tractor. The mower had sat out back of my parents for years so bearings were shot, things were rusted. So I'm gathering stuff and a worker asked if I needed help. i didn't really look at the guy I just told him "Oh I'm getting this mower going, kind of funny I plowed snow with the tractor for my neighbors since I was about 8 years old, but was never allowed to go near it with the mower attached, so I'm just trying to figure it out, I suppose mom was worried I'd cut my arm off or something" so the worker alright I'll be over at the service counter." As he walked away I then looked at him, and, you guessed it, he only had one arm. I felt like shit. so I got the store manager and told him what happened and said I'd like to apologize and he laughed it off, "no need to, the guy jokes about only having one arm all the time" . But I still felt like shit. Just standing side by side with the guy, not really looking at him as I spoke, I just didn't see he was missing an arm.
Head on a swivel my friend. Always on a swivel
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

Animal wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:23 pm if Tractor Supply does anything as a company, they need better trained people in their stores that are willing to jump in and help a customer find exactly what they are looking for. They need to visit some Ace Hardware stores and take notes on customer service. I'm sure the woke/anti woke stuff is important too, but if i just need a clevis pin for 3 point hitch, I need someone to make that a 5 minute search, not a scavenger hunt. I'm not there to brush up on what social movements corporate is involved in.
100% agree when I go into my local tractor supply and ask if they have this or that they usually say I don't know it might be over there when I walk in the Ace Hardware and ask if they have this they can show me exactly where it's at
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

peterosehaircut wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:35 am
Animal wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:23 pm if Tractor Supply does anything as a company, they need better trained people in their stores that are willing to jump in and help a customer find exactly what they are looking for. They need to visit some Ace Hardware stores and take notes on customer service. I'm sure the woke/anti woke stuff is important too, but if i just need a clevis pin for 3 point hitch, I need someone to make that a 5 minute search, not a scavenger hunt. I'm not there to brush up on what social movements corporate is involved in.
100% agree when I go into my local tractor supply and ask if they have this or that they usually say I don't know it might be over there when I walk in the Ace Hardware and ask if they have this they can show me exactly where it's at
Its been awhile since Ive been in one but I remember it being OK. I do remember some cute girls working there (always a plus).