Policies enacted by Executive Action

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Re: Policies enacted by Executive Action

Post by Geist »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:40 pm
Geist wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:01 pm
Animal wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:44 pm So what was done to "fix it"? Did they remove some of the hurdles? I assumed that the number of people qualifying was down because they had not conformed to the strict rules that were in place. The only reason I knew much about it was because a friend had a kid that was a nurse and had loans that wanted to qualify, but after reading the rules carefully, they had already fucked up the chances by deferring payments. And once you fuck up even one thing you have fucked up the whole thing.
All the Biden admin did was alter some of the rules as to what counts as qualifying loans and payments towards them. Like you said, it was more or less a loosening of the rules but also pulled in FFEL and Perkins borrowers (not sure if those were the only ones, might have been more loan types)
Ah, I see. So pandering and bribing just like I said. Cool, thanks.
Nothing like you said. You're a moron.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Animal wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:43 pm
Geist wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:19 pm
Animal wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:03 pm
Animal wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:44 pm So what was done to "fix it"? Did they remove some of the hurdles? I assumed that the number of people qualifying was down because they had not conformed to the strict rules that were in place. The only reason I knew much about it was because a friend had a kid that was a nurse and had loans that wanted to qualify, but after reading the rules carefully, they had already fucked up the chances by deferring payments. And once you fuck up even one thing you have fucked up the whole thing.
All the Biden admin did was alter some of the rules as to what counts as qualifying loans and payments towards them. Like you said, it was more or less a loosening of the rules but also pulled in FFEL and Perkins borrowers (not sure if those were the only ones, might have been more loan types)
so it expanded the people that qualify for it?
That, and streamlined it to allow people who already qualified for it but were stuck in bureaucratic limbo.

Good episode, even though the right hates Johnny boy.

Edit - this helps explain it too. The program has been hamstrung by dogshit servicers who have caused ineligibility issues where they don't exist due to poor record keeping.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamminsky ... -problems/
My god. Those kind of programs make me ill. Our government can't get anything right and they think we are going to ever get a program that complicated and with that many rules right. I bet if a true audit was done, they are spending more on the staff and bureaucracy that run the program than the money they forgive in loans. Its laughable that we think our government can ever get anything like this right. They haven't even figured out how to make signing up for Social Security easy after all of these years.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but it's one solution to incentivizing educated individuals to get into low-paying government jobs. Teacher pay is trash yet society fully expects them to take on the burden of overpriced education. It's entitled and gross.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Geist wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:03 pm
Riiight. So the guy who tried to bribe and pander to college kids because hes losing their votes then tries to pander to government workers who just so happen to vote overwhelmingly democrat. But not really. GTFO. :lol:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Geist wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:06 pm
I'm not disagreeing with you, but it's one solution to incentivizing educated individuals to get into low-paying government jobs. Teacher pay is trash yet society fully expects them to take on the burden of overpriced education. It's entitled and gross.
Well, here's the thing. When you offer people alternatives to forking out money they will almost ALWAYS choose whichever one requires the least cash. Regardless of how smart it is or whether its a good economic decision. By allowing them those choices we are failing them from the start.

If a person is smart enough to become a teacher, then they should be smart enough to know when they are taking on more debt than they can afford. If they can't figure that out then they shouldn't be teaching kids anything.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:41 pm
Geist wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:03 pm
Riiight. So the guy who tried to bribe and pander to college kids because hes losing their votes then tries to pander to government workers who just so happen to vote overwhelmingly democrat. But not really. GTFO. :lol:
Biden is just trying to go on record as fulfilling his promise to wipe out some student debt. so that he can say that he did it and not be lying. it doesn't matter if it was already legal or what. this is a loophole to look like he lived up to his promise.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Animal wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:11 pm
Well, here's the thing. When you offer people alternatives to forking out money they will almost ALWAYS choose whichever one requires the least cash. Regardless of how smart it is or whether its a good economic decision. By allowing them those choices we are failing them from the start.

If a person is smart enough to become a teacher, then they should be smart enough to know when they are taking on more debt than they can afford. If they can't figure that out then they shouldn't be teaching kids anything.
Ah yes, only those who are born into financially privileged families should become teachers. Genius strategy that will easily fill 3 millions roles.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Geist wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:00 pm

Ah yes, only those who are born into financially privileged families should become teachers. Genius strategy that will easily fill 3 millions roles.
wow. maybe you should look into how you can get a teachers certificate without going to an ivy league school. You might not be aware, but you can actually get a teaching degree at a community college. and probably for less than $20,000. I am sure there are even cheaper ways to do it.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Animal wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:12 pm
Geist wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:00 pm

wow. maybe you should look into how you can get a teachers certificate without going to an ivy league school. You might not be aware, but you can actually get a teaching degree at a community college. and probably for less than $20,000. I am sure there are even cheaper ways to do it.
What do you think this "teaching degree" is? Where do you think they have these community colleges with 4 years degrees? Gotta love that bargain bin mentality applied to people who are expected to educate upcoming generations.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Geist wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:52 pm
What do you think this "teaching degree" is? Where do you think they have these community colleges with 4 years degrees? Gotta love that bargain bin mentality applied to people who are expected to educate upcoming generations.
https://www.collin.edu/department/child ... ent%20area).
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Animal wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:54 pm
Kudos, you located one!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Geist wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:57 pm
Kudos, you located one!
wow. I just happened upon one on my first search. since then i have found one on every other search i have done. my god there are literally dozens within 50 miles of where i'm sitting.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i can't help that since these kids have such easy access to free money through all of these loan programs that they choose to go to vanderbilt or baylor to become teachers. there are cheaper ways to do it. if money is really an object. same with nursing or many other career paths.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Animal wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 pm
Geist wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:57 pm
Kudos, you located one!
wow. I just happened upon one on my first search. since then i have found one on every other search i have done. my god there are literally dozens within 50 miles of where i'm sitting.
No, no there aren't dozens around you. There are a few and it's only a select few programs.

https://www.accbd.org/texas/#1590718496 ... 2f986-6797
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Animal wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:06 pm i can't help that since these kids have such easy access to free money through all of these loan programs that they choose to go to vanderbilt or baylor to become teachers. there are cheaper ways to do it. if money is really an object. same with nursing or many other career paths.
A few do, but most don't. Doesn't matter when the whole system is working under the same pricing pressure, which is very little. I don't disagree that CC is a good way to go although it's silly to think it's anything other than regionally viable for most fields.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Geist wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:18 pm
Animal wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:06 pm i can't help that since these kids have such easy access to free money through all of these loan programs that they choose to go to vanderbilt or baylor to become teachers. there are cheaper ways to do it. if money is really an object. same with nursing or many other career paths.
A few do, but most don't. Doesn't matter when the whole system is working under the same pricing pressure, which is very little. I don't disagree that CC is a good way to go although it's silly to think it's anything other than regionally viable for most fields.
shit there are universities that you can get a 4 year teaching degree for less than $30,000. Much less if you have a place to live that doesn't factor into the cost. And most of them have an online version. My point is that with some effort and a real appreciation for cost and tossing out the stigmas attached to less foo foo ways to do it, you can get a very affordable education and small to none student loans. I have seen how the hispanic famiy's kids do it. They are very very price sensitive by nature.