Is Haley eyeing the VP nod?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: Is Haley eyeing the VP nod?

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 1:06 pm Well the convention has certainly started with a different flavor. I only saw two speakers. One was some pop star/influencer that used to hate trump for being a racist but has now studied him and the republican party and fell in love with the ideas and goals they have. She also found out that Trump is the exact opposite of a racist. She's embarrassed that she was brainwashed by the bullshit the left puts out.

But the shocker was the president of the Teamsters. And he gave exactly the type of speech you would expect. He hates greedy big business, and he called out Amazon specifically and loudly. I am not sure exactly the point of having him there other than to appeal to the working class and to steal some of Biden's "union" swag.

It has started off as a different kind of republican party. MUCH more Center than right. One now known for no longer having two big issues on its party platform. 1. And end to abortion ban 2. No longer is marriage only between a man and a woman.

These are all good signs.
Agreed. Like I mentioned above I think Trump has a real shot at doing some things R's have never even thought possible...if he can keep his ego and assholeishness at bay.
I still think it probably wont happen but how crazy would it be if the fucking Teamsters endorsed a Republican? Just the fact that its even a possibility is note worthy. Bringing more hispanics and black folks to the R side further signals a real change in American politics.
The Republicans have a real shot at an almost total reset of their (real and imagined) image if they play their cards right.
Back off abortion
Keep and strengthen the America first policy
Actually engage and listen to the middle class that is now your base
No wars
Eliminate DEI bullshit within the Federal govt
Secure the border
End the antagonistic attitude toward oil
QUALIFIED folks like Cruz, Haley or Rubio in important public facing positions.

Picking Vance as VP is undeniably a play to the next generation
Last edited by CHEEZY17 on Tue Jul 16, 2024 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Hillbilly Elegy is on Netflix if anyone was curious.
Its no cinematic masterpiece but its solid.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

JD's wife, Usha, introduces him: