one of my preditions is coming true,sort of

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

one of my preditions is coming true,sort of

Post by jsdspif »

Guess who's performing at the opening ceremony of Paris Olympics. I called it although I said she'd do a whole tour after a miraculous recovery, yes, Celine Dion the deathly ill lip syncer extrodinaire. With her "stiff body syndrome in all her glory and alot of piped in vocal tracks' Whats french for "god bless Paris and Celine Dion" ( I just love it when I finally get something correct)
Side note i took my sister blueberries yesterday and she informed me her garage really stinks so I open the door, Jesus it was bad I go looking around and here's a skunk carcass. It's a well built garage and occasionally she leaves the overhead door open at night (by mistake, she usually keeps them closed so her thought was the skunk came in at night. I think it got it's head stuck between the leg of a small shop bench and the foundation/wall and couldn't get it's head back out because that's where the skull was with the body behind it. So I got that cleaned up for her. I poured a mess of baking soda on the area. It looked like it had been there for a while,since it was bare skulll but she said it really started smelling about a week ago. After I discovered what it was I laughed because when I first walked in her house I thought I smelled weed but she doesn't smoke anything, but it was skunk aroma. So then she was upset because an animal died. But put a plate of ribs in front of her.....
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: one of my preditions is coming true,sort of

Post by Animal »

is baking soda your "go to" remedy for removing the smell of a dead body?
jsdspif

Post by jsdspif »

i thought you use that dry lime stuff for that?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

jsdspif wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:16 pm i thought you use that dry lime stuff for that?
yes, you do use dry lime for that. or so i have heard. I probably buy to 50 to 100 tons of lime every day.
jsdspif

Post by jsdspif »

Like old happy Howard from work would say in his monotone voice "Animal, your sense of humor amazes me".
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

I think you guys mean quick lime not dry line. If you Google dry line you end up with a fruit that has been dislocated.
WarmBidetWater
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by WarmBidetWater »

I'm surprised you didn't slop a gallon of tomato juice on the floor...WDW hands off the baton...
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Antknot wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:58 pm I think you guys mean quick lime not dry line. If you Google dry line you end up with a fruit that has been dislocated.
nope. there's a lot of difference in dry lime and quick lime. dry lime, or hydrated lime, is used on construction jobs to stabilize soils. You mix it with water and make a slurry and then use it to stabilize clay soils so they are less reactive to water. Dry lime will heat up quite a bit with water, but the reaction isn't too bad.

quick lime on the other hand can be pretty dangerous. its also used on construction sites for the same purpose but you don't have to use as much to get the same stabilization. I only get quicklime that has already been mixed with water and is the slurry form. quicklime will burn the shit out of you if you aren't careful.

TxDOT pays for lime by the ton on projects you use it to stabilize. That's per ton of hydrated lime or dry lime. If you opt to use quick lime or slaked lime, then they will pay you more $ per ton for that. They use a ratio that basically equalizes the two based on the end results you get. Its more cost effective to buy quicklime and take advantage of the higher price and slake it yourself. If you buy a premixed slurry then whoever slurries it gets the markup.

We used to slake our own quicklime but its pretty brutal on the equipment. the added profit gets eaten up by the damage to the water trucks.
jsdspif

Post by jsdspif »

she emailed me last night when she got the nerve to go out in the garage. The stench was pretty bad. She said it is really cleared up the bad odor. I'm going back over probably today to try to clean up that area better. My other sister arrives there in a few days so besides doing my sister a favor it will make me look good in front of my other sister. I didn't want to spend much time out there the other day. I damned near vomited and it wasn't because of my hangover, just the stench. The skunk odor mixed with dead animal smell, it was just about unbearable.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

any pics of the sisters? thanks.
jsdspif

Post by jsdspif »

no , I mean they're not hot, they're like 66 and 70 or something, "I'm the baby! gotta love me!" but we had an inground pool since I was born and when my sisters were middle school/ high school age they were smoking hot and their friends were smoking hot and all the firends liked the cute litle kid. I just remember being like 8 or so and all these girls and pubic hair hanging out.. seventh heaven. My oldest sister she left school in 12th grade but not before she got voted best figure for the senior class . She looked alot like mary tyler moore back in 1975 or whatever , i don't know if all schools did that , the best figure for the senior class, but our school did , but it seems like it ended about then. Then the sister closer to my age was hot, she had a friend I liked alot and she was hot and some years ago my sister met up with the girl after 40 years or whatever so I checked the friends facebook page and she has a daughter smoking hot. so that's that. But I'm starting a new post . It will probably be the most amazing post evr. and unless my past comments are deleted , they will prove my initial post on the subject.