It all started when the scotus

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

It all started when the scotus

Post by Who »

Quit being nonpartisan.

Change we can believe in.
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Re: It all started when the scotus

Post by Antknot »

Take it to sports!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I will give you this much. When Roe v Wade was passed originally by the Supreme Court, there were 9 justices and Eisenhower (a Republican) nominated 4 of them and 2 of his appointments were democrat judges. All 4 of them voted for Roe. Nixon (a Republican) nominated 2 justices and one of them was a Democrat who voted for Roe.

Overall the court was 5 democrats and 4 republicans at that time.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Your girl should have retired when all the Lefties wanted her to.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:59 am Your girl should have retired when all the Lefties wanted her to.
Ruth screwed the pooch
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Who wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:16 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:59 am Your girl should have retired when all the Lefties wanted her to.
Ruth screwed the pooch
Depends on your perspective.
Yes, she screwed the Lefties. Thats no ones fault but hers.
If the Liberals have the opportunity to appoint more justices do you really think theyre NOT going to appoint people who are ideologically aligned?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

When was this glorious time that SCOTUS was non-partisan?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:15 pm When was this glorious time that SCOTUS was non-partisan?
Well if you look back at the original Roe V Wade decision, and the court and who appointed each judge and their political affiliations. Then look at how they voted.

I would say it was pretty much non-partisan then. 1973.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:21 pm
Biker wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:15 pm When was this glorious time that SCOTUS was non-partisan?
Well if you look back at the original Roe V Wade decision, and the court and who appointed each judge and their political affiliations. Then look at how they voted.

Thats one ruling and not necessarily indicative of its being non-partisan
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:26 pm

well, if you had read what i posted and put a little thought into it you would have found that there were 9 justices on the court in 1973.

4 of them were appointed by Dwight Eisenhower, a republican president. Of his 4 appointments, 2 of them were Democrat and 2 of them were Republican.

2 of them were appointed by Richard Nixon, a republican president. Of his 2 appointments, 1 of them was Democrat and the other Republican.

the point is pretty simple.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 4:29 pm

well, if you had read what i posted and put a little thought into it you would have found that there were 9 justices on the court in 1973.

4 of them were appointed by Dwight Eisenhower, a republican president. Of his 4 appointments, 2 of them were Democrat and 2 of them were Republican.

2 of them were appointed by Richard Nixon, a republican president. Of his 2 appointments, 1 of them was Democrat and the other Republican.

Yes, no doubt your point and argument is simple but youve provided only one case. One case does not establish a pattern one way or the other

SCOTUS has always been a political institution. Look at what FDR did to get his New Deal to hold up; he expanded the court and installed partisan hacks
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:30 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 4:29 pm

Yes, no doubt your point and argument is simple but youve provided only one case. One case does not establish a pattern one way or the other

SCOTUS has always been a political institution. Look at what FDR did to get his New Deal to hold up; he expanded the court and installed partisan hacks
I did not provide a case at all. I simply used the time from of the original Roe decision, which was 1973. And in 1973 I explained how president's chose supreme court justices. The Roe case has nothing to do with it.