JD Dunce

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

JD Dunce

Post by Who »

Or is it Just Dunce Vance.

No matter, how long before 45 dumps him?
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Re: JD Dunce

Post by Biker »

Dump him? What did he do?
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

Biker wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:17 pm Dump him? What did he do?
Nicky Haley would have been the correct answer
A Legend In His Own Mind

Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

If 45 wants to become 47 , Dunce is not the way to go imho
A Legend In His Own Mind

Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:50 am
do you think that maybe his point is that parents should be more like adults and attempt to change their behavior or get some help rather than just ditching the marriage and putting their kids through that?
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Animal wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:21 pm
do you think that maybe his point is that parents should be more like adults and attempt to change their behavior or get some help rather than just ditching the marriage and putting their kids through that?
Do you think that in practice, people who tend to be violent toward their partners and children are receptive to that?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Geist wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:03 pm
Do you think that in practice, people who tend to be violent toward their partners and children are receptive to that?
there's no way I could know the answer to that. But what I do know is that if you give a person an easy solution they will take it most of the time. its the hard solutions that take a little work that people tend to avoid.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Animal wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:18 pm
there's no way I could know the answer to that. But what I do know is that if you give a person an easy solution they will take it most of the time. its the hard solutions that take a little work that people tend to avoid.
I'm not disagreeing with that. But that belief is divorced from reality. You can't tell me you don't know/knew someone who's abusive in their home life. We all have known them. That person is the limiting factor in the situation we're talking about - you can talk about the need for self-work all you like, but that type of person isn't likely to even view themselves as the problem, let alone entertain the idea of counseling.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Geist wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:04 pm
I'm not disagreeing with that. But that belief is divorced from reality. You can't tell me you don't know/knew someone who's abusive in their home life. We all have known them. That person is the limiting factor in the situation we're talking about - you can talk about the need for self-work all you like, but that type of person isn't likely to even view themselves as the problem, let alone entertain the idea of counseling.
so I assume you also agree that rehabilitating someone in a jail is a waste of time?
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

You think it took the sexual revolution for people to realize they were unhappy with their marriage situation (especially abused spouses). You can at least acknowledge that it was a stupid thing to say, regardless of how you feel about divorces.

As a child of divorce, my life got exponentially better after my parents split. Listening to arguing and fighting everyday is no way for children to grow up healthy either. So sticking it out for kids is not the solution either.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Animal wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:09 pm
Geist wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:04 pm
so I assume you also agree that rehabilitating someone in a jail is a waste of time?
Largely, yes. I used to be a CO and the lifers/long-termers were the ones who were serious about the job programs, which IMO is the only habilitative aspect of prison.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:19 pm
You think it took the sexual revolution for people to realize they were unhappy with their marriage situation (especially abused spouses). You can at least acknowledge that it was a stupid thing to say, regardless of how you feel about divorces.

As a child of divorce, my life got exponentially better after my parents split. Listening to arguing and fighting everyday is no way for children to grow up healthy either. So sticking it out for kids is not the solution either.
personally, I would never venture off into a topic with so many scenarios. I don't see what could be gained from it. that's why I would never have an opinion on abortion or any of those kind of topics. I do think it was a stupid thing to say. But I also think that carrying it to the next extreme and summarizing his statement as though he is in favor of raising children in violent homes is equally stupid.

Maybe he is in favor of raising kids in violent homes, I'd be interested in hearing him asked that question.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I'd like to see the whole clip but I dont think he is advocating staying in violent marriages. My take from that is that he is advocating putting the hard work in to make the relationship work; not quitting on a whim. More along the lines of those folks that end committed relationships because it hit a rough patch. I get that may not always be a possibility as some relationships undeniably should be dissolved but I think his larger point is that in most cases the kids are probably going to be better off if the parents can work through the rough patch and create a good home. And again. I'm not saying that 2 folks that clearly cant get along is better-its not.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:08 pm I'd like to see the whole clip but I dont think he is advocating staying in violent marriages. My take from that is that he is advocating putting the hard work in to make the relationship work; not quitting on a whim. More along the lines of those folks that end committed relationships because it hit a rough patch. I get that may not always be a possibility as some relationships undeniably should be dissolved but I think his larger point is that in most cases the kids are probably going to be better off if the parents can work through the rough patch and create a good home. And again. I'm not saying that 2 folks that clearly cant get along is better-its not.
whatever he's trying to say, i think he needs to learn that these aren't really the kind of topics that we elect people to be worried about.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Four Seasons Landscaping 2.0

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.