NFL

Other people doing physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

NFL

Post by B-Tender »

I've never seen a football hit both the upright, and the crossbar, on the same play. Sorry Bears fans. Congrats Stymie.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Re: NFL

Post by stymiegreen »

stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

Biker wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:25 pm
stymiegreen wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:09 pm Image
#CutWentz
Foles is gonna end up replacing Eli.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

stymiegreen wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:32 pm
Biker wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:25 pm
stymiegreen wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:09 pm Image
#CutWentz
No way Philly trades Foles to another NFC East team.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:06 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:40 pm
stymiegreen wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:32 pm
No way Philly trades Foles to another NFC East team.
He's out of contract after this season
Ah, did not know that.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

If Foles takes the Birds into New Orleans and beats them then he's getting another contract.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

Biker wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:52 pm
stymiegreen wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:48 pm If Foles takes the Birds into New Orleans and beats them then he's getting another contract.
No way. They cant afford to carry two highly paid QBs.
Wentz aint Highly paid yet...
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

Biker wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:59 pm
stymiegreen wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:55 pm

But youre also assuming that Foles would want to either back up Wentz or have to compete for the starting job, despite winning two SB. No way he wants to do that.
Yes, it seems you're answering your own question as to what that would mean then, aren't you?

#CutWentz #BigDickNick
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

Biker wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:08 pm
stymiegreen wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:06 pm
Biker wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:59 pm

But youre also assuming that Foles would want to either back up Wentz or have to compete for the starting job, despite winning two SB. No way he wants to do that.
Yes, it seems you're answering your own question as to what that would mean then, aren't you?

#CutWentz #BigDickNick
No way they cut a guy three seasons after they traded up for him. I wish they would because then Wentz can come to the big city and do his than with OBJ and Barkley
Nah they would trade Wentz to get something for him. Its not that I want that to happen but this Foles run is certainly at least forcing the conversation. Dude takes us to another Super Bowl under these circumstances then things could get very uncircumcized lol.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

stymiegreen wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:55 pm
stymiegreen wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:48 pm If Foles takes the Birds into New Orleans and beats them then he's getting another contract.
I looked it up and Philly has an option on him for 2019 but it's for $20 million. Unlikely they'll give him that much unless they plan to make him the starter. Foles can buy out the option for $2 million and walk away if he wants.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Anyone thinking the Colts could sneak into the SB this year? Or, if the Chargers pull an upset in New England, maybe they slip in. KC just doesn't insitll confidence, going 3-3 in their last six.

A lot of people think the Saints are clear favorites to get to the big game. I'm not so sure. Their defense still doesn't blow me away. The Rams gave them a run for their money earlier this year in the dome. And the Eagles remind me of the Giants a few years ago, just get to the playoffs and go on a run.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

B-Tender wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:14 pm Anyone thinking the Colts could sneak into the SB this year? Or, if the Chargers pull an upset in New England, maybe they slip in. KC just doesn't insitll confidence, going 3-3 in their last six.

A lot of people think the Saints are clear favorites to get to the big game. I'm not so sure. Their defense still doesn't blow me away. The Rams gave them a run for their money earlier this year in the dome. And the Eagles remind me of the Giants a few years ago, just get to the playoffs and go on a run.
I'm picking the Chargers for the upset. Brady has been reduced to short/check down passes.
New Orleans should handle Philly pretty easily, but Foles could add some late game drama.
KC's defense sucks. Indy wins in a shootout.
The Rams were kind of MEH in their last 4 games but Dallas just isn't on the same level.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:38 pm
B-Tender wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:14 pm Anyone thinking the Colts could sneak into the SB this year? Or, if the Chargers pull an upset in New England, maybe they slip in. KC just doesn't insitll confidence, going 3-3 in their last six.

I'm picking the Chargers for the upset. Brady has been reduced to short/check down passes.
New Orleans should handle Philly pretty easily, but Foles could add some late game drama.
KC's defense sucks. Indy wins in a shootout.
The Rams were kind of MEH in their last 4 games but Dallas just isn't on the same level.
On paper pretty much every team in the playoffs last year was predicted to "handle Philly pretty easily". People just don't want to learn their lesson...lol.

Our defense is solid after we got a few back from injuries like jernigan and Maddox has come into his own and the other d-backs have stepped up to the challenge. Our offense with Foles and now Sproles being back to full form is a different entity than when we faced NO last time. Brees will be tough for sure but sometimes that extended off time can hurt more than it helps when you come up against a hot team in the playoffs.

-9 point spread is an insult as far as I'm concerned and don't think the underdog theme that wrapped up the Eagles last year isn't back in full effect. Eagles win 31-27 and meet the Cowgirls in the NFC championship game. Then we take it out against either Big Red Andy Reid in the Bowl or Frank Reich our former coach from last year with the Colts. Bank it!
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

stymiegreen wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:25 am Image
The NFL is legally non profit, but in reality is a for profit entertainment organization, as are the networks that air the games. A group of players praying together after a game, while touching to some, is not likely to be engaging to most.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

B-Tender wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:29 am The NFL is legally non profit, but in reality is a for profit entertainment organization, as are the networks that air the games. A group of players praying together after a game, while touching to some, is not likely to be engaging to most.
I don't think they should air it on TV...and trust me...the pray to jeebus stuff isn't really of interest to me per se at all because I'm not religious...I think they could highlight it on thier social media at a minimum though after a year or two where most of the Trumpers feigned outrage over what scumbags football players are for kneeling during the anthem. Its a message of comradery and that they are actually concerned with things that they view are bigger than the game. I won't lose sleep over it I just thought the outrage over the antem protests were some of the most Trumped up(pun intended) fake outrage nonsense that we've seen in a while and I think alot of the players get a bad rap from the ignorant and ill-informed.

As an aside the NFL gave up their Non-profit status in 2015:

http://time.com/3839164/nfl-tax-exempt-status/
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

stymiegreen wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:46 am
B-Tender wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:29 am The NFL is legally non profit, but in reality is a for profit entertainment organization, as are the networks that air the games. A group of players praying together after a game, while touching to some, is not likely to be engaging to most.
I don't think they should air it on TV...and trust me...the pray to jeebus stuff isn't really of interest to me per se at all because I'm not religious...I think they could highlight it on thier social media at a minimum though after a year or two where most of the Trumpers feigned outrage over what scumbags football players are for kneeling during the anthem. Its a message of comradery and that they are actually concerned with things that they view are bigger than the game. I won't lose sleep over it I just thought the outrage over the antem protests were some of the most Trumped up(pun intended) fake outrage nonsense that we've seen in a while and I think alot of the players get a bad rap from the ignorant and ill-informed.

As an aside the NFL gave up their Non-profit status in 2015:

http://time.com/3839164/nfl-tax-exempt-status/
Cool, didn't know they gave that up.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

See you next year Indy. You salvaged a winning season after starting 1-5. Andrew Luck can still play. The franchise has a pulse again.
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

First time I saw Rivers play this year. Is he always a whiny cunt?
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

His entire career.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

OK, AFC/ NFC championship weekend is here. Let's hear your predictions from here to the SB. I'll start- LA Rams win it all. Just got Gurley back last week. Unstoppable offense and a stout defense. You?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

I think the Rams are the better overall team but I'd like to see Brees get one more shot at a Super Bowl before he rides off into the sunset. I'll be rooting for New Orleans.

God I hope KC wins. If I gotta watch one more Super Bowl with the Pats in it I'm gonna puke!
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:59 pm

God I hope KC wins. If I gotta watch one more Super Bowl with the Pats in it I'm gonna puke!
Yep
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

And Rams upset. They will win the SB. No weakness on any 3 phases of the game.