This will appeal to sane voters

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: This will appeal to sane voters

Post by CaptQuint »

Hey, looks like they got their protest national attention!
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Not the kind of attention they want. I hope we haven’t reached a point where pissing in the American flag is a popular thing.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:24 pm Not the kind of attention they want. I hope we haven’t reached a point where pissing in the American flag is a popular thing.
How do you know what they want? We reached the point that detaining large amounts of brown people in squalor is a popular thing
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

CaptQuint wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:41 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:24 pm Not the kind of attention they want. I hope we haven’t reached a point where pissing in the American flag is a popular thing.
How do you know what they want? We reached the point that detaining large amounts of brown people in squalor is a popular thing
We detain them, as is necessary. The conditions, I don't know about, but after a point it just comes down to money and manpower. They are overwhelming the system, perhaps intentionally. The solution is NOT to give up our sovereignty. Also, find the root causes (as in people/orgs, as opposed to poverty, etc.) and stop them. They will continue as long as they think they have leverage with our media and internal political fighting.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

The system is overwhelmed because of policy choices, the best you could argue is that failing to put the resources in place for the policy change before the change was incompetence, but actually intending the shitty conditions as a deterrent fits with other policies like child separation.

The root cause is shitty conditions in south america, smuggling gangs are a consequence not a cause, that's just supply and demand.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

A black woman has to be on welfare?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Lol Biker the big Democrat follows a right wingnut job facebook meme account

https://www.facebook.com/ThePatriotFederation/
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:55 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:45 pm Lol Biker the big Democrat follows a right wingnut job facebook meme account

https://www.facebook.com/ThePatriotFederation/
I don’t follow that, it showed up on my feed
Amazing how many right wing lies just "show up on your feed"
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

And you choose to bring them here
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

BigRedRetard wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:39 pm Whomever touched the US flag should have been shot on the spot for fucking with Federal proeprty
That doesn't sound like a fascist policy at all
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Why must we play games with words? Yes, they are concentration camps, in the sense that people are being concentrated in a small area, but we don't make people drink watery soup, or bring out their dead in the morning, or make them bend over a table to be beat with a rod, or line up to be shot to death, or pull a giant street roller behind them as part of work parties...

It is intellectually dishonest to refer to the detention centers as concentration camps, because it's meant to imply or create a mental image of something very different.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:17 pm Why must we play games with words? Yes, they are concentration camps

It is intellectually dishonest to refer to the detention centers as concentration camps
So you agree they are concentration camps but don't like people calling them what they are because it bothers you.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

That does it! I'm never voting for an administration that built those detention centers!
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

CaptQuint wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:21 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:17 pm Why must we play games with words? Yes, they are concentration camps

It is intellectually dishonest to refer to the detention centers as concentration camps
So you agree they are concentration camps but don't like people calling them what they are because it bothers you.
I agree that they are camps whose purpose is to concentrate subjects, so they are concentration camps, but I also recognize that the reason opponents call them concentration camps is not to identify them, but to invoke something very different in people's minds. It's like comparing someone to Hitler or the Nazis. It's psy-ops
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:27 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:21 pm

I agree that they are camps whose purpose is to concentrate subjects, so they are concentration camps, but I also recognize that the reason opponents call them concentration camps is not to identify them, but to invoke something very different in people's minds. It's like comparing someone to Hitler or the Nazis. It's psy-ops
It's psy-ops

no, it's calling a spade a spade
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

People always seem to picture the nazi camps as starting out with half starved people being filtered off to the death chambers. That was the end of a process that started with this, concentrating people, dehumanising them, gradually staffing up with sadistic guards and supervisors as the decent ones found other assignments. Getting normal folks like vince and cheezy et al to accept that the untermensch were only getting what was necessary and deserved, protecting the fatherland. Miller won't get his final solution because he doesn't have time and american institutions are just about withstanding the assault, but you'll never get a clearer sight of how it started in real time.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

US border cops' secret racist Facebook group a total disgrace, says patrol chief. She should know, she was a member
Contrary to honor and integrity

When it emerged that border patrol agents were posting racist, sexist and abusive content on a secret Facebook group, the chief of the agency did the right thing and condemned the behavior.

In a statement this week, Carla Provost – the first woman appointed to the post – said: "These posts are completely inappropriate and contrary to the honor and integrity I see – and expect – from our agents day in and day out. Any employees found to have violated our standards of conduct will be held accountable."

Provost forgot to provide one minor detail however: she was also reportedly a member of the group, originally named "I'm 10-15," referring to police code for "prisoner in custody," and she had posted to it.

Unlike her colleagues, she didn't post vile or offensive material, she didn't joke about migrants dying in custody, nor did she mock up images of Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) giving a blowjob to a migrant.

Provost didn’t write that patrol agents should "throw a burrito at these bitches" – referring to the Latina members of a visiting Congressional group – or that they should "fuck the hoes." And she didn't refer to the man and child who were photographed drowned in the Rio Grande – an image would have come to symbolize the humanity of migrants and the risks they take – as "floaters", nor imply that the photo had been doctored because "we've all seen the dems and liberal parties do some pretty sick things."

Provost didn't do any of that, although those under her charge did, on a secret Facebook group that she was also a member of, and then she forgot to mention that fact in a formal statement following outrage over the issue.

There were 9,500 members of the "I'm 10-15" group which has since been archived with the name "America First X 2" – all of them current or former border agents. The group was not an open group, or a closed group, but a secret group – which means that it was not publicly visible and people had to be invited to join.

The group's name and description were only visible to current members. Its moderators, admins and all its posts were likewise only visible to current members. You had to be invited and Provost was – before she was selected as head of the agency - but in one comment acknowledges congratulations when she did become chief.

Safety in numbers
It's hard to find any reliable stats on how many groups Facebook users are members of but in a quick poll of The Reg's office, numbers varied from 0 to 32. We don't know how prolific a user of Facebook Provost is, but it's a fair bet that she didn't accidentally join the secret group and then forget about it.

And it's fair to assume that before she formally responded to outrage over her staff posting wildly inappropriate content in a Facebook group that she checked whether she was in fact also a member and then decided not to mention the fact.

Well, at some point we may find out: the news has not been met well and one Representative, Bennie Thompson (D-MS), has already called for a full investigation. Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) has called for Provost to "resign immediately."

Provost meanwhile has gone quiet. And her agency has put out another statement in which it said it was "investigating the material provided to CBP." Notably it did not dispute that Provost was a member of the group or, indeed, make any mention of it, or the fact that she had forgotten to mention it.

"CBP does not tolerate misconduct on or off duty and will hold those who violate our code of conduct accountable,” the new statement says.

"Several CBP employees have received cease and desist letters and several of those have been placed on administrative duties pending the results of the investigation. These posts do not reflect the core values of the Agency and do not reflect the vast majority of employees who conduct themselves professionally and honorably every day, on and off duty."

Meanwhile, the person who was the focus of the worst posts in the group, Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), has argued that it may be a good idea to scrap the Department of Homeland Security altogether.

"It’s really not that radical," she tweeted in response to coverage of an interview she gave in which she condemned the department and proposed abolishing it. "When DHS was first formed by Bush 17 years ago, many members of Congress were concerned – including the GOP - that we were setting up a ticking time bomb for civil liberties erosion and abuse of power. Discussing reorganization shouldn’t be out of the question."

It seems unlikely that the DHS will be abolished but it seems far more likely that by failing to mention she was also a member of a secret group filled with offensive content, open only to border patrol staff, and which she herself condemned without mentioning her own membership, Carla Provost doesn't stay in her position for long.
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/07/1 ... ook_group/
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

They think it's funny

The kinda meme that just "pops up" on Bikers facebook feed
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

BigRedRetard wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:39 pm Whomever touched the US flag should have been shot on the spot for fucking with Federal proeprty
That's just absurd. For one, if I buy a flag, it's my flag, not property of the federal government.

Second, it's expression very clearly protected by the First Amendment.

Third, do conservatives only want speech protected if they agree with it?

I thought your type was all about the Constitution.
wut?
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Wut wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:15 pm
That's just absurd. For one, if I buy a flag, it's my flag, not property of the federal government.

Only when it's "convenient"

P.S. "You can use the rest as toilet paper, but don't you dare touch "our version" of the 2nd Amendment!" ;)
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

FSchmertz wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:17 pm

Only when it's "convenient"
"I disagree with your position so I will encourage shooting you for expressing it."

Not Voltaire.
wut?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Someone tell Ammon Bundy and his pals to report to prison for summary execution for seizing and occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

They didn't buy that flag it WAS owned by the Fed's.

Damaging someone else's property is ok?
If they had bought the flag it would be lawful (note I didn't say ok)

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Antknot wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:30 pm
They didn't buy that flag it WAS owned by the Fed's.

Damaging someone else's property is ok?
If they had bought the flag it would be lawful (note I didn't say ok)

My error, I thought we were discussing burning flags generally. Shooting them is still excessive.
wut?