Hated movies that you actually like/ love

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Re: Hated movies that you actually like/ love

Post by QillerDaemon »

100% chance of... :twisted:
CaptQuint wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:39 pm Image
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

I'm a *yooj* Sandra Bullock fan, so yea, I love this film. The scene near the end when she's in the fountain... <hmmm> :rockout:
VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:23 pm Demolition Man
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:54 pm I'm a *yooj* Sandra Bullock fan, so yea, I love this film. The scene near the end when she's in the fountain... <hmmm> :rockout:
VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:23 pm Demolition Man
She's my favorite.
wut?
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

I've never seen a Broken Lizard movie I didn't like - Super Troopers, Beerfest, Club Dread, Slammin Salmon. Super Troopers 2 was pretty meh though. The first 5 minutes were great.
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Geist wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:35 am I've never seen a Broken Lizard movie I didn't like - Super Troopers, Beerfest, Club Dread, Slammin Salmon. Super Troopers 2 was pretty meh though. The first 5 minutes were great.
You take the marijuana.
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Wut wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:23 pm Dune the book and Dune the movie both sucked, in my opinion.
The movie was so 80’s, unintentionally campy. The spoken thoughts, the facial pustules. What’s not to love?
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

HighNDry wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:20 am BE04253B-867E-4BF3-B5D3-012FE38CBF64.jpeg
Watching it now. Doesn't deserve the bad rap.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:00 am
Geist wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:35 am I've never seen a Broken Lizard movie I didn't like - Super Troopers, Beerfest, Club Dread, Slammin Salmon. Super Troopers 2 was pretty meh though. The first 5 minutes were great.
You take the marijuana.
Haven't had it in two months. Thinking about changing that cuz the excess alcohol consumption is much worse.
JackRabbit_Slim
Have Sister, Will Bang

Post by JackRabbit_Slim »

Breakin 2 Electric Bugaloo
"you have a fine boy there..." CaptGotti
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

FSchmertz wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:32 pm
Wut wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:23 pm Dune the book and Dune the movie both sucked, in my opinion.
I don't see how the book can be done in one movie.

And I can understand folks that can't get into the book. It's a universe you either fully embrace or forget it. I liked it though.
Definitely agree about the book. I remember reading it back in the 80's. I could hardly put it down. I'd even dream I was reading it, it captured my imagination that much. And I think that is the hardest part of translating it to the big screen. We all imagine it differently. David Lynch's vision of the book definitely did not line up with how I had imagined the characters and settings.

Same will the LoTR books. So full of characters and settings, I recall being enthralled while reading the books. I think it had been long enough between when I read the books and when the movies came out, I didn't have as strong feelings about missing characters and events from the books.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:52 pm 100% chance of... :twisted:
Internet high five!
Thats probably a nice little pink pooper under those panties.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:36 am
QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:52 pm 100% chance of... :twisted:
Internet high five!
Thats probably a nice little pink pooper under those panties.
1986 Lea Thompson is on my top 5
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

She was a cutie no doubt.

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

this in no way follows the premise of this thread, but last night i was surfing for any kind of a movie to watch pretty late. i found one that had just started and starred Leonardo DiCaprio. So I figured it must be pretty good. I don't even remember the name. The plot of the movie was some fur trader in the 1820's that was part of a group of trappers and DiCaprio's character got attacked by a bear. Some other trapper decided to leave him to die and killed his son and took their shit and left DiCaprio to die.

I fucking hated this movie, although i watched it all the way to the end (and it was pretty long). There was almost no dialogue and there were virtually no good moments. The only upside i could give were that the indians seemed to be cast appropriately.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

And I can understand folks that can't get into the book. It's a universe you either fully embrace or forget it. I liked it though.
I consider "Dune" maybe the best Sci-fi book ever. No way it touches HG Wells achievments (sp) because he did his best work in the late 1800's
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

nerd_alert wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:29 am

Definitely agree about the book. I remember reading it back in the 80's. I could hardly put it down. I'd even dream I was reading it, it captured my imagination that much. And I think that is the hardest part of translating it to the big screen. We all imagine it differently. David Lynch's vision of the book definitely did not line up with how I had imagined the characters and settings.

Same will the LoTR books. So full of characters and settings, I recall being enthralled while reading the books. I think it had been long enough between when I read the books and when the movies came out, I didn't have as strong feelings about youhave missing characters and events from the books.
2 comments. Totally agree about the enthralled reading both "Dune" and LOTR". I thought Lynch's Dune was as perfect as you may ever get pre-CGI. Adhered to the book down to the "Water of life" scenes . Had to take shortcuts from the novel, of course. In the book, the stillsuits cover the entire body, including the face. Not happening in a movie where you have to see the actors faces to see who is who.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

I read Dune 10 years before the 1984 movie came out. I was dumbfounded at the actors ( Paul, Lady Jessica, etc) casted. It was to me a perfect match to the book. Somebody did their research and job.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Flumper wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:22 pm this in no way follows the premise of this thread, but last night i was surfing for any kind of a movie to watch pretty late. i found one that had just started and starred Leonardo DiCaprio. So I figured it must be pretty good. I don't even remember the name. The plot of the movie was some fur trader in the 1820's that was part of a group of trappers and DiCaprio's character got attacked by a bear. Some other trapper decided to leave him to die and killed his son and took their shit and left DiCaprio to die.

I fucking hated this movie, although i watched it all the way to the end (and it was pretty long). There was almost no dialogue and there were virtually no good moments. The only upside i could give were that the indians seemed to be cast appropriately.

The Revenant (2015) It had 12 Oscar noms. DiCaprio won best actor
I blame Biker.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Stapes wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:27 pm
Flumper wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:22 pm this in no way follows the premise of this thread, but last night i was surfing for any kind of a movie to watch pretty late. i found one that had just started and starred Leonardo DiCaprio. So I figured it must be pretty good. I don't even remember the name. The plot of the movie was some fur trader in the 1820's that was part of a group of trappers and DiCaprio's character got attacked by a bear. Some other trapper decided to leave him to die and killed his son and took their shit and left DiCaprio to die.

Pity Oscar. He didn't deserve it.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

WTC read a book five years before I was born? Is it possible to be that old and stupid at the same time?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

I thought that movie sucked balls. Struggled to finish it.
JackRabbit_Slim
Have Sister, Will Bang

Post by JackRabbit_Slim »

beagleboy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:22 pm

Let's face it.. You struggle to finish just about everything.
"you have a fine boy there..." CaptGotti
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

JackRabbit_Slim wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:50 pm
beagleboy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:22 pm

Let's face it.. You struggle to finish just about everything.
I'm not versed in Texas State law, after WTC's wife divorced him are they still Brother/Sister or is that over as well?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:17 am

He got an oscar for that? Seriously, there must have been maybe 10 lines that he spoke. 2 of which you could understand.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Flumper wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:58 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:17 am

He got an oscar for that? Seriously, there must have been maybe 10 lines that he spoke. 2 of which you could understand.
Yep. It been a trend in movies and TV for awhile now: just mumble your words or speak really softly and it supposedly adds "gritty realism". Fuck that. Is it too much to ask that I can hear or understand what the characters I'm watching say?