My 2019 NFL Fearless Predictions.

Other people doing physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

My 2019 NFL Fearless Predictions.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

AFC NORTH:

Baltimore Ravens: 10-6 The Ravens are a perfect example of a team that made it's Quarterback look better than he actually is. Joe Flacco is now with the Denver Broncos. Lamar Jackson is better than Joe Flacco.

Cleveland Browns: 9-7 The Browns are getting all the buzz. After years of collecting 1st round draft picks and making some slick trades the Browns finally have a talented offense. But I learned a long time ago to never go all-in with a rookie head coach. Oh, and they had the #30th ranked defense last year.

Pittsburgh Steelers: 9-7 The next "The Purge" movie should just be a documentary about the Steelers 2019 off-season. There also seems to be a lot of bickering going on in the Steelers camp. I'm not sure this team is jelling.

Cincinnati Bengals: 4-12 Oh look! The Bengals are going with Andy Dalton for another season!

AFC SOUTH:

Houston Texans: 11-5 I love how these guys are flying under the radar. They have a brutal schedule but they finish out the season with the Titans (twice), the Broncos, and the Buccaneers. That should be enough to win them the South. If you told someone back in August of 2012 that the Baltimore Ravens are going to win the Super Bowl you would have been laughed out of the room. But that's exactly what happened. I'm getting a 2012 Baltimore Ravens feeling about the Houston Texans this year.

Indianapolis Colts: 10-6 The offense could be explosive. But Andrew Luck has a rebuilt shoulder and he's an injury magnet. It's anyone's guess if he'll get through 16 games. Or even start in week #1.

Tenessee Titans: 8-8 This is the last year of Marcus Mariota's rookie contract. If he doesn't bring his "A" game this season it may be his last year with the Titans (looking at you Cincinnati).

Jacksonville Jaguars: 6-10 The Blake Bortles experiment is finally over! But with one of the worst (if not THE worst) receiving corps in the league I'm not sure the upgrade at QB will matter much.

AFC EAST:

New England Patriots: 12-4 The rest of the AFC East is a mess, and the Pats have the second easiest strength of schedule in the league this year. They close out the season against The Bengals, Bills, and Dolphins. They'll probably be starting their practice squad for those.

Buffalo Bills: 8-8 There's some talent here. But taken as a whole this is a fair to middling team at best.

New York Jets: 7-9 The dysfunctional New York Jets just can't help from being dysfunctional. It's in their DNA.

Miami Dolphins: 4-12 What a fucking mess! This team is being run by a clown posse.

AFC WEST:

Kansas City Chiefs: 12-4 They're a lock to win the AFC West and probably a 1st round playoff bye. But that 31st ranked defense didn't get much better in the off-season. Like last year, it will eventually prove to be their Achilles heel.

Los Angeles Chargers: 10-6 The window was last year. But there's enough talent here to keep things interesting and the AFC as a whole is looking kind of weak.

Denver Broncos: 6-10 The Baltimore Ravens are a perfect example of a team that made it's Quaterback look better than he actually is. Joe Flacco is now with the Denver Broncos. The Denver Broncos are not the Baltimore Ravens.

Oakland Raiders: 5-11 I don't even know where to begin. This organization is in the Twilight Zone League.

NFC NORTH:

Minnesota Vikings: 11-5 Never try to turn your QB into something he's not (yeah, I'm looking at you John DeFilippo). Recognize his strengths and design an offense to fit them. Kevin Stefanski has done exactly that. Kirk Cousins is going to have a very good year.

Chicago Bears: 10-6 The Bears had a lot of bounces go their way last year. A LOT! That lightning won't strike twice. And there's no way that defense gets another 27 interceptions!

Green Bay Packers: 9-7 If the Packers take a few losses early, it won't be long before Aaron Rodgers is ignoring his new rookie head coach.

Detroit Lions: 5-11 Hey Detroit, how's that $140 million you gave Matthew Stafford working out for you?

NFC SOUTH:

New Orleans Saints: 14-2 The Saints were kept out of the Super Bowl last year due to one of the worst non-calls in the history of the NFL. A non-call so bad the NFL changed the rules. That lightning won't strike twice. And the Saints got BETTER in the off-season. This is an insanely talented roster.

Atlanta Falcons: 9-7 A really talented starting unit, but they have no depth. Once the injuries start the losses will begin to pile up.

Carolina Panthers: 8-8 *See Atlanta Falcons.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 5-11 This is the last year of Jameis Winston's rookie contract. If he doesn't bring his "A" game this year, the Bucs will probably give him a 5yr/$140 million extension. Because... you know... they're the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

NFC EAST:

Dallas Cowboys: 10-6 Well, somebody has to win the NFC East. Right?

Philadelphia Eagles: 10-6 The Eagles are a much, much better team than the Cowboys. But you just KNOW that Carson Wentz is going to go down with an injury. That boy is made out of wet Kleenex. And they don't have Nick Foles around anymore.

Washington Redskins: 8-8 The starting QB in week #1 is still anyone's guess. But I like the look of that young, revamped defense so I'll split the difference.

New York Giants: 4-12 It boggles my mind why Eli Manning is choosing to end his career like this. Dude, you have $100 million bucks and two Super Bowl rings... just ride off into the sunset and wait for that HOF induction.

NFC WEST:

Los Angeles Rams: 13-3 A loaded roster and Sean McVay is a football genius. They should have the West locked up by week 14.

Seattle Seahawks: 9-7 Same story, different year. What is it with this team that they can't seem to build a half-decent Offensive line that can block on passing plays? If Russell Wilson was a pocket passer he'd be dead by now.

San Francisco 49ers: 7-9 I'm not buying any Garoppolo hype until I see him string together a few wins against quality teams. As of yet, that has not happened.

Arizona Cardinals: 3-13 The Cards had 99 problems so they drafted Kyler Murray 1st overall. Unfortunately, that still leaves 98 problems.

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME:
New Orleans Saints vs Los Angeles Rams
(Oh yeah, baby! We get the rematch!)

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME:
Kansas City Chiefs vs Houston Texans

SUPER BOWL:
New Orleans Saints vs Kansas City Chiefs

SUPER BOWL WINNER:
New Orleans Saints

BONUS FEARLESS PREDICTION:
Deshaun Watson wins MVP.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Re: My 2019 NFL Fearless Predictions.

Post by B-Tender »

Good job. I like when you do these. It's fun to see where we dissagree.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

B-Tender wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:24 pm Good job. I like when you do these. It's fun to see where we dissagree.
Please feel free to discuss.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

As a Steeler fan I have to proclaim that everything is fine and they're going to win the Superbowl.
wut?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Wut wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:15 pm As a Steeler fan I have to proclaim that everything is fine and they're going to win the Superbowl.
Your video game from 2009 doesn't count, dude.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

To think of what could have been...
It wasnt that long ago when the Lions could have gotten a ransom for Stafford. Who knows where hes at now. Probably middle of the pack somewhere.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:10 pm Youve put a lot of trust in Kirk Cousins. He'll burn you, every time
Have you seen him in the pre-season? Dude has been dialed in! Against the Saints he was perfect in passing, had a TD, and a QBR over 150!
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:28 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:25 pm
Biker wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:10 pm Youve put a lot of trust in Kirk Cousins. He'll burn you, every time
Have you seen him in the pre-season? Dude has been dialed in! Against the Saints he was perfect in passing, had a TD, and a QBR over 150!
Dear Lawd, did you really just cite preseason? Daniel Jones is lighting it up too
Yeah, and Jones will probably be starting for the Giants by week 5.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:48 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:44 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:25 pm
Dear Lawd, did you really just cite preseason? Daniel Jones is lighting it up too
Are you a Vikes fan?
Not at all.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:04 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:58 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:44 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:25 pm Have you seen him in the pre-season? Dude has been dialed in! Against the Saints he was perfect in passing, had a TD, and a QBR over 150!
Are you a Vikes fan?
Not at all.
?
The UJ fantasy pool draft is tonight and I'll be eyeballing Cousins in the middle rounds.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:32 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:28 pm
Biker wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:04 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:58 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:44 pm Yeah, and Jones will probably be starting for the Giants by week 5.
Are you a Vikes fan?
Not at all.
?
The UJ fantasy pool draft is tonight and I'll be eyeballing Cousins in the middle rounds.
Who is your team FFS?
I'm a die-hard Redskins fan.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:55 pm Ahh, Ive always known youre a dick :P
It's your God given right to make fun of the Redskins if you are a fan of another NFC East team.
But may I suggest that you wait a few decades until the Giants aren't a laughingstock anymore.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:40 pm
It's your God given right to make fun of the Redskins if you are a fan of another NFC East team.
But may I suggest that you wait a few decades until the Giants aren't a laughingstock anymore.
I thought we all hated the Eagles?

Or is that Dallas, the self-proclaimed "America's Team"?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

FSchmertz wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:57 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:40 pm
I thought we all hated the Eagles?

Or is that Dallas, the self-proclaimed "America's Team"?
Yes.

And yes.
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

I think you overestimated the Rams and the Saints.

I think you underestimated the Raiders (not by much) and the Bucs.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:54 pm I think you overestimated the Rams and the Saints.

I'll take it one step further and predict that Derek Carr won't be starting for the Raiders anymore by week 10.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:05 pm
hawkfan8812 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:54 pm I think you overestimated the Rams and the Saints.

I'll take it one step further and predict that Derek Carr won't be starting for the Raiders anymore by week 10.
Raider fan here. I think the Raiders will be TERRIBLE again this year. I think Tampa may be a sleeper team.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

Gruden couldn't manage a QB if Peyton Manning was his QB coach.
kwebber
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by kwebber »

Who is your team FFS?
I'm pretty sure he has a Redskins logo tattoo. I think it used to be his UJ avatar or something?
Currently AFK.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

kwebber wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:47 pm

Who is your team FFS?
I'm pretty sure he has a Redskins logo tattoo. I think it used to be his UJ avatar or something?
Good memory, dude.

beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

I really like the Chiefs but Reid will fuck it up somehow.

Browns are a year or two away. Still, they might slip in as a wildcard. They actually have a very good team. Baker Mayfield is an asshole but he's a good football player.

Lamar Jackson is like Michael Vick with less throwing ability.

I'm very excited to watch the Cardinals. They are fully implementing the college spread offense which is a good thing.

How long until The Gronk returns? Week 6?

Falcons will win the NFC.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

beagleboy wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:12 pm Falcons will win the NFC.
Now THAT'S a fearless prediction!