Watching The Hangover..

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Watching The Hangover..

Post by VinceBordenIII »

.. on Comedy Central.
It almost feels like you couldn’t make that movie now. It’s all white privileged dudes and WPD humor. People weren’t so “woke” when the first movie was made.

I wonder what a women’s studies or ethnic studies class would say watching this movie?
VinceBordenIII

Re: Watching The Hangover..

Post by VinceBordenIII »

I also noticed a couple of commercials where the couples were mixed race. That’s a thing on tv now. Gotta be woke.
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:43 am I also noticed a couple of commercials where the couples were mixed race. That’s a thing on tv now. Gotta be woke.
"Couple" ? Almost every one here in the Great White North.

My guess is we have more mixed race couples than you Yankees but I dont have any stats to back that up.

And a lot of gay couples in commercials. I love them because they bother my super stiff Catholic in laws.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:10 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:43 am I also noticed a couple of commercials where the couples were mixed race. That’s a thing on tv now. Gotta be woke.
"Couple" ? Almost every one here in the Great White North.

My guess is we have more mixed race couples than you Yankees but I dont have any stats to back that up.

And a lot of gay couples in commercials. I love them because they bother my super stiff Catholic in laws.
Yeah, it’s not the mixed race thing that bothers me. I could not care less. It’s the wokeness of everything. Like showing interracial couples has become a political thing, and the media has to be political. Sometimes to get attention for their product, sometimes for less selfish reasons, but always woke.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Yeah clearly the only reason to portray a mixed race couple is wokeness, and not because it's like normal and not noteworthy or anything. Got your finger on the pulse of modern life there gramps, sure enough.
Nero
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Nero »

Good luck making something like Blazing Saddles these days. Even though it's a satire on racism and fucking funny, words hurt people.

beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

Nero wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:15 pm Good luck making something like Blazing Saddles these days. Even though it's a satire on racism and fucking funny, words hurt people.
I doubt anyone from Kansas City would argue the name isn't applicable.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

AnalHamster wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:03 pm Yeah clearly the only reason to portray a mixed race couple is wokeness, and not because it's like normal and not noteworthy or anything. Got your finger on the pulse of modern life there gramps, sure enough.
You seem incapable of discussing anything with anyone in a civil manner. Everything with you is a retort, a snark. If you were remotely friendly, I might take it as guy ribbing, but not from you.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Nero wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:15 pm Good luck making something like Blazing Saddles these days. Even though it's a satire on racism and fucking funny, words hurt people.

Well, that wasn’t a usual thing even back then, as I recall. That was the humor of it.
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

Watched this with my 28yo son a while back. He absolutely laughed his ass off the whole time and asked why there arent more movies like this. Go figure. ;)
What if it was one guy with six guns?
s.murph
Some Old Dead Fuck

Post by s.murph »

Hangover is a dumb fucking movie. I can't believe they made sequels of it.
Leonard Zelig
Forum Newbie

Post by Leonard Zelig »

s.murph wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:47 am Hangover is a dumb fucking movie. I can't believe they made sequels of it.
It grossed nearly half a billion dollars. Then they got to make 2 more movies that made a shit ton more without writing a new script or any new jokes.
s.murph
Some Old Dead Fuck

Post by s.murph »

Horrible Bosses was much better IMHO./
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Post by HighNDry »

s.murph wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:47 am Hangover is a dumb fucking movie. I can't believe they made sequels of it.
Can you do us all a favor and die again?
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
s.murph
Some Old Dead Fuck

Post by s.murph »

HighNDry wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:22 am
Can you do us all a favor and die again?
Not before your wife blows me one last time.