Well isn't that strange?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Well isn't that strange?

Post by DandyDon »

Neighbor of Botham Jean who testified against Amber Guyger during her murder trial is shot dead in Texas two DAYS after the ex-cop was sentenced to 10 years for killing the accountant

A neighbor of Botham Jean who was a key witness in the murder trial of Amber Guyger has been shot dead in Dallas.

Joshua Brown, 28, was gunned down outside an apartment complex in the city's Medical District around 10.30 pm on Friday.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -dead.html
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Re: Well isn't that strange?

Post by VinceBordenIII »

There was no question as to her guilt, right? Seems unlikely some rando would be punished over this. She’ll be out in 5 years.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Biker wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:31 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:26 pm There was no question as to her guilt, right? Seems unlikely some rando would be punished over this. She’ll be out in 5 years.
As she should. Murder was too strong a verdict
I heard/read somewhere an explanation... murder is the only thing that fit. But it was a genuine error, and the sentence is just. If it was my son, though, I’d want vengeance.
kwebber
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by kwebber »

Biker wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:54 pm Don jumping the gun. Again

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/joshua-bro ... 019-10-08/
I was going to say, that ain't the first time that dude was shot at. I think he was shot at last year, and a buddy of his was killed?
Currently AFK.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:26 pm There was no question as to her guilt, right? Seems unlikely some rando would be punished over this. She’ll be out in 5 years.
I saw it as a manslaughter case but I don't know what the definitions are there of the different levels of homicide.
wut?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

DEATHCAMPS!!!!!1
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Wut wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:29 pm
I saw it as a manslaughter case but I don't know what the definitions are there of the different levels of homicide.
Well, as a veteran of tv, I can tell you there’s first and second degree. Maybe more. I assume thats in all states.
First, to me, is serial killers, murder for hire, mob hits, for insurance, during a robbery (because you set the situation up), stuff like that.
2nd would be most actual murders. A fight that got ugly, beating an enemy to death, spouse, etc. anger, not planned.
We have a lawyer here somewhere who can illuminate us.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:45 pm
Wut wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:29 pm
Well, as a veteran of tv, I can tell you there’s first and second degree. Maybe more. I assume thats in all states.
First, to me, is serial killers, murder for hire, mob hits, for insurance, during a robbery (because you set the situation up), stuff like that.
2nd would be most actual murders. A fight that got ugly, beating an enemy to death, spouse, etc. anger, not planned.
We have a lawyer here somewhere who can illuminate us.
PA has first, second, and third degree murder and voluntary and involuntary manslaughter. I don't know about Texas.

I used to be a lawyer but did very little criminal law.
wut?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Overview of Texas First Degree Murder Laws

Texas does not officially use the term "first degree murder" which can sometimes be a little bit confusing. Instead, the equivalent in Texas is known as "capital murder," which is murder for which a perpetrator can get a sentence of capital punishment. To convict a defendant of capital murder, prosecutors must be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that:

The defendant intentionally and knowingly caused the death of another person;
The defendant intended to cause serious bodily injury and committed an act that was clearly dangerous to human life and this act caused the death of an individual; or
The defendant committed or attempted to commit a felony (other than manslaughter) and in performing that felony, committed an act that was clearly dangerous to human life and this act caused the death of an individual.

The crime of second degree murder, simply called "murder" in Texas, is a serious crime with harsh penalties. Second degree murder is a crime involving a death that resulted from the accused's wrongful acts. These include deaths that occur during the commission of a crime, or on account of the accused's recklessness. The following chart includes information about the Texas crime of second degree murder, including potential defenses and penalties.

First Degree Murder
The highest level of criminal homicide, typically reserved for willful and premeditated killings.

Second Degree Murder
Most often voluntary but without premeditation -- often seen as the middle ground between voluntary manslaughter and first degree murder charges.

Voluntary Manslaughter
Generally a killing which was voluntary, but done in the heat of the moment.

Involuntary Manslaughter
A killing that is not on purpose, but results from criminally reckless or negligent behavior, or from low level criminal activities.

https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-c ... icide.html
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
s.murph
Some Old Dead Fuck

Post by s.murph »

The guy was fucking her and some other hose bag. What are the 4 motives? Jealousy, money, revenge and..............?
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

s.murph wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:22 am The guy was fucking her and some other hose bag. What are the 4 motives? Jealousy, money, revenge and..............?
Loud televisions.
wut?
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

The link is over a month old. Hmm. From the Democrat that is constantly reposting Republican propaganda that just "mysteriously appears" in his Facebook feed. :lol: Algorithm much Biker?