Who here is absent minded?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Who here is absent minded?

Post by Blast »

I am admittedly extremely distractable and forgetful. I don't lock my car often because of the number of times I've left the keys in the ignition, and I often have to turn around to get shit that I have forgotten. At the office it takes three attempts for me to get out the door to make customer visits or pickup told from the store. Yes it's my ADD, but now I've gotten the attorney so distracted when I'm around her or she's on the phone with me that she has now, twice in the last week, misplaced her keys. Claims she never was like that before me. Anyway I've pumped enough loads into into her that I guess I'm curious as to whether ADD can be sexually transmitted at this point. What's my point here? Uhhhh, damnit. Ohh hey Down with the Sickness just came on, sweet.
Anything new in the boobs thread?
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Who here is absent minded?

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Whenever Mrs. RD leaves the house I start a silent countdown in my head because I KNOW she's coming back for something. And she does almost every time! :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

I've always been a bit forgetful, and I'm terrible at remembering names. But it does seem to be getting worse lately. I'm 58 now, and I really have to get myself into a known routine not to leave half my shit behind in getting to work or while at work.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:48 pm I'm terrible at remembering names.
I hear ya, brother. I've been like that my entire life.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

I suck at names and languages. I rock with numbers and sciences.

Everybody has their niche.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

I'm kinda the opposite. I have clients who message me asking if I remember where something is in THEIR house, that always makes me laugh. I'm curious if that will change as I age.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Keep your wallet, with relevant things like your license, credit cards, ATM card etc. in your front pocket. Always pat it to make sure it's still there, even when you sleep at night. Put your car keys in your other front pocket always. My point is that if you're absent minded or tend to lose things easily there are precautionary steps you can take to prevent that.
JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

Sleeping with your keys in your pocket sounds awful. Why not just put them on a shelf by the door or something?
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

I'm the opposite of OP. Maybe guilty occasionally of forgetting names, etc but always have all the details in focus everyday/ week before I set out on the day's journey. Maybe it's because I live in a secluded area that is not forgiving of forgetfulness. No stores around the corner to bail you out.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:35 pm I'm the opposite of OP. Maybe guilty occasionally of forgetting names, etc but always have all the details in focus everyday/ week before I set out on the day's journey. Maybe it's because I live in a secluded area that is not forgiving of forgetfulness. No stores around the corner to bail you out.
I don't care who you are, but that right there is funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:39 pm Whenever Mrs. RD leaves the house I start a silent countdown in my head because I KNOW she's coming back for something. And she does almost every time! :lol:
Exact same with Mrs. Brew, drives me nuts. Loading up for any kind of vacation trip is just a cluster fuck that usually ends with her sitting in the car while I find whatever she forgot "this time".
What if it was one guy with six guns?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

megman wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:39 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:35 pm I'm the opposite of OP. Maybe guilty occasionally of forgetting names, etc but always have all the details in focus everyday/ week before I set out on the day's journey. Maybe it's because I live in a secluded area that is not forgiving of forgetfulness. No stores around the corner to bail you out.
I don't care who you are, but that right there is funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nah, actually it makes perfect sense around here. I'm descended from families that lived on the frontiers. 100+ years ago, they would spend days to take their wagons to the nearest large towns to load up on supplies for the next few months. Everything would be calculated to the nth degree. Nothing could be overlooked . No going back for something you forgot. Wired DNA, I think.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Homebrew wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:42 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:39 pm Whenever Mrs. RD leaves the house I start a silent countdown in my head because I KNOW she's coming back for something. And she does almost every time! :lol:
Exact same with Mrs. Brew, drives me nuts. Loading up for any kind of vacation trip is just a cluster fuck that usually ends with her sitting in the car while I find whatever she forgot "this time".
I bought the wifey a new car three years ago and I went out of my way to make sure it was a car that wouldn't allow the doors to lock if the keys were still in the ignition.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

megman wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:39 pm
But he can't remember what he said in a post he put up the day before. :lol:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:55 pm
Nah, actually it makes perfect sense around here. I'm descended from families that lived on the frontiers. 100+ years ago, they would spend days to take their wagons to the nearest large towns to load up on supplies for the next few months. Everything would be calculated to the nth degree. Nothing could be overlooked . No going back for something you forgot. Wired DNA, I think.
I never really thought about it, but I'm the same way. And the older I get the better I am at organizing and never forgetting anything. My parents were like that. They both grew up on farms and very poor. And where I grew up we lived out in the country. So, going to the store for something was a planned out trip, so to speak. That could be where I get it.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:20 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:55 pm
I never really thought about it, but I'm the same way. And the older I get the better I am at organizing and never forgetting anything. My parents were like that. They both grew up on farms and very poor. And where I grew up we lived out in the country. So, going to the store for something was a planned out trip, so to speak. That could be where I get it.
Pretty sure that's why it's wired. I guess if you miscalculated the amount of say flour you needed for the next 3 months, you could compensate with other things, but some things forgotten could be life or death. No drug store around the corner.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Hey, remember that story you told us about forgetting to pick up your Dad's six-pack half an hour after he asked you to and you got asked for ID?
s.murph
Some Old Dead Fuck

Post by s.murph »

JCW wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:34 pm Sleeping with your keys in your pocket sounds awful. Why not just put them on a shelf by the door or something?
Who the hell sleeps with pockets???..unless you're passed out drunk?
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

s.murph wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:22 am
JCW wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:34 pm Sleeping with your keys in your pocket sounds awful. Why not just put them on a shelf by the door or something?
I have about 10 pairs of fluffy cotton sweatpants that I like to sleep in and they have pockets.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:42 am
s.murph wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:22 am
I have about 10 pairs of fluffy cotton sweatpants that I like to sleep in and they have pockets.
How do you sleep with 10 pairs of fluffy sweatpants on at once and which pair has your keys in them?
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

I've finally figured out that, if I don't remember doing something, I probably didn't do it.

Today it was the office alarm that I didn't remember turning on. :oops:

P.S. Fortunately, there's still some stuff here.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

FSchmertz wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:03 pm I've finally figured out that, if I don't remember doing something, I probably didn't do it.

I left a damn garage door open for the weekend a couple months back. Probably how we got a squirrel in the office.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

FSchmertz wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:03 pm I've finally figured out that, if I don't remember doing something, I probably didn't do it.

I have a shirt that says "If I don't remember it didn't happen." :lol:
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

megman wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:14 pm I have a shirt that says "If I don't remember it didn't happen." :lol:
About 10 years ago Mrs. RD gave me a custom T-shirt with the cover of Stephen King's "The Dead Zone" on it with the words... "I won't remember your name. Don't take it personally".
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:24 pm
megman wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:14 pm I have a shirt that says "If I don't remember it didn't happen." :lol:
About 10 years ago Mrs. RD gave me a custom T-shirt with the cover of Stephen King's "The Dead Zone" on it with the words... "I won't remember your name. Don't take it personally".
I had a shirt made that says "Wasn't me".

I have to finish it on the back so it says " If it was me, I was drunk." :lol: