I started doing a thing this week

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Re: I started doing a thing this week

Post by JCW »

PimpDaddy wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:41 pm I played Mortal Kombat a lot. Does that count?

Actually, I wrestled in school, and thought I would try MMA for exercise once I hit 30. It was awful!!! 18 year old kids with martial arts experience, cardio for days, teenage hormones and Red Bull...kicked my ass on a daily basis. I told everyone I had to quit because I was a afraid to go to my sales job with a black eye. Truth is it just fuckin hurt.

So good on you! I have a couple of fat friends that claim to be black belt this and that. Makes me think I should give it a try. If a 6 y/o kid and Elvis can earn a black belt in 6 months, maybe I can, too.
I mean, I think it takes longer than 6mo to get a black belt. As far as I know, you have to put in a certain number of hours aside from skill testing.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

JCW wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:56 pm
PimpDaddy wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:41 pm I played Mortal Kombat a lot. Does that count?

Actually, I wrestled in school, and thought I would try MMA for exercise once I hit 30. It was awful!!! 18 year old kids with martial arts experience, cardio for days, teenage hormones and Red Bull...kicked my ass on a daily basis. I told everyone I had to quit because I was a afraid to go to my sales job with a black eye. Truth is it just fuckin hurt.

So good on you! I have a couple of fat friends that claim to be black belt this and that. Makes me think I should give it a try. If a 6 y/o kid and Elvis can earn a black belt in 6 months, maybe I can, too.
I mean, I think it takes longer than 6mo to get a black belt. As far as I know, you have to put in a certain number of hours aside from skill testing.
It does at a reputable school.

When I started taking Tae Kwon Do testing was not recognized in Canada. Kick boxing was illegal back then.

My parents use to have to drive me over to Detroit from Windsor to do my testing under Sang Qu Shim, who was an 8th Dan Korean style Tae Kwon do at the time.

2 level in each Dan, from white to green to brown to red, to blue and then black. Every 2 levels from red on you not only had your physical test but you also had to write a 1000 word essay so they knew they weren't training a pyscho.

In 9 years I made it to 2nd blue belt.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
JCW

Post by JCW »

Exactly, if it was a 6 month process, black belts would be meaningless. Our sensei is going to Okinawa next month for 2 weeks of training even as a black belt with his own dojo. I doubt I'd get to the level of black belt but I'm pretty excited to try to move up at least a couple colours just to say I did it after starting so late.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

My friend's daughter is 8 y/o and a black belt. I am not afraid. Just sayin.

hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

✌(◕‿-)✌
Bored Mover

Post by ✌(◕‿-)✌ »

I'm a black belt and I KARATE YOU FACE
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

I'm a 5th dan black belt in Hakuna Matata.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:03 pm I'm a 5th dan black belt in Hakuna Matata.
:lol:
✌(◕‿-)✌
Bored Mover

Post by ✌(◕‿-)✌ »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:03 pm I'm a 5th dan black belt in Hakuna Matata.
You don't even have a white belt in UJR.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

✌(◕‿-)✌ wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:21 pm
Hi WTC! :waveyellow:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
✌(◕‿-)✌
Bored Mover

Post by ✌(◕‿-)✌ »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:25 pm
Yeah. No.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

✌(◕‿-)✌ wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:28 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:25 pm
Yeah. No.
Yeah, I know. There's no fucking way that retard could figure out how to come up with that username. I just thought it was funny.
JCW

Post by JCW »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:52 pm
I say SWEEP THE LEG at least once a class. Really dating myself with that one.
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

JCW wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:29 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:26 pm I was there, I’m sure I saw them, I want to see them again.
No, you really dont. Its better this way. Trust me.
I totally disagree. One can never see to much of the wonkieness. Trust me. 8-)
What if it was one guy with six guns?
peterosehaircut

Post by peterosehaircut »

Embrace the wonkyness!
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

JCW wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:39 pm

The guy who says "get him a body bag" just died last week I think. I know it was recently.
JCW

Post by JCW »

beagleboy wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:44 pm
JCW wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:39 pm

The guy who says "get him a body bag" just died last week I think. I know it was recently.
So someone got him a body bag?
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Judo was the thing when I was young. Very effective.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:53 pm Judo was the thing when I was young. Very effective.
And then the Brazilians took it to another level.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

B-Tender wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:10 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:53 pm Judo was the thing when I was young. Very effective.
And then the Brazilians took it to another level.
I find the best defense against that is Che Ching :sniperdark:
Last edited by Blast on Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

megman wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:27 pm

When I started taking Tae Kwon Do testing was not recognized in Canada. Kick boxing was illegal back then.

My parents use to have to drive me over to Detroit from Windsor to do my testing under Sang Qu Shim, who was an 8th Dan Korean style Tae Kwon do at the time.

2 level in each Dan, from white to green to brown to red, to blue and then black. Every 2 levels from red on you not only had your physicaal test but you also had to write a 1000 word essay so they knew they weren't training a pyscho.

That's a lot of Dans.
lt-dan.jpg
wut?
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Wut wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:35 am
megman wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:27 pm

2 level in each Dan, from white to green to brown to red, to blue and then black. Every 2 levels from red on you not only had your physicaal test but you also had to write a 1000 word essay so they knew they weren't training a pyscho.

That's a lot of Dans.

lt-dan.jpg
Har har!

The dan's are translated to levels. In Korean Tae Kwon Do anyway, but I'm sure the others are similar.
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

windrunner wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:46 am
JCW wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:50 am
windrunner wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:43 am I was a close combat/martial arts instructor in the Marine Corps.

Oh damn, nice! A whole bunch of adult noobs! Obviously its usefulness against a weapon is minimal but do you think technique really makes a difference in hand-to-hand combat or self-defense?
Master the basics. All the sexy dumb shit is ineffective. It's the basic gross motor skill movements that are effective. All of that other stuff looks good. It's attractive to see and learn - all the fancy, exotic names of all of those fight disciplines out there. None of that will be there for you in a real violent encounter.

Focus on training your mind first. You have to develop a combative mindset. Otherwise, anything you learn physically will be a waste. We've all heard the expression, "where your mind goes, your ass follows." If some technique you are learning requires a tremendous amount of repetition for you to grasp it, toss it aside. It will never be there for you. It requires an enormous amount of physical repetition because you are only trying to learn it physically. You are not learning it mentally. Teach your mind first.

That's what 'one mind, any weapon' means. It's not about having an actual weapon. I could fuck somebody's ass up with a spoon off a table in a restaurant. It wouldn't require some kind of Jason Bourne sexy bullshit either. It's about having a combative mindset. With the proper combative mindset, you'd be amazed at what you can do against someone with a weapon.
THIS!^^^ Thats the one thing in all these John Wick ect movies that is a constant; ANYTHING can be a weapon if used correctly. Be aware of your surroundings and available resources. It can be as simple as a car key between the fingers of a clenched fist, hit that MF in the eye with it and watch them scream like a little girl.
✌(◕‿-)✌
Bored Mover

Post by ✌(◕‿-)✌ »

windrunner wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:46 am
JCW wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:50 am
windrunner wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:43 am I was a close combat/martial arts instructor in the Marine Corps.

Oh damn, nice! A whole bunch of adult noobs! Obviously its usefulness against a weapon is minimal but do you think technique really makes a difference in hand-to-hand combat or self-defense?
Master the basics. All the sexy dumb shit is ineffective. It's the basic gross motor skill movements that are effective. All of that other stuff looks good. It's attractive to see and learn - all the fancy, exotic names of all of those fight disciplines out there. None of that will be there for you in a real violent encounter.

Focus on training your mind first. You have to develop a combative mindset. Otherwise, anything you learn physically will be a waste. We've all heard the expression, "where your mind goes, your ass follows." If some technique you are learning requires a tremendous amount of repetition for you to grasp it, toss it aside. It will never be there for you. It requires an enormous amount of physical repetition because you are only trying to learn it physically. You are not learning it mentally. Teach your mind first.

That's what 'one mind, any weapon' means. It's not about having an actual weapon. I could fuck somebody's ass up with a spoon off a table in a restaurant. It wouldn't require some kind of Jason Bourne sexy bullshit either. It's about having a combative mindset. With the proper combative mindset, you'd be amazed at what you can do against someone with a weapon.
Mindset. LOL. What a load of bullshit.
Although I'm quit sure you've never been a martial arts instructor in the marine corp, you speak of instructing some lame ass shit average joe the "mindset" over technique.

Mastering or being adequate in certain techniques gives you the confidence and "mindset" in a situation.
What you're speaking of, gives you a bunch of morons doing this :gay fight hand slapping: at any given situation.

And I bet you couldn't even annoy a semi-cold pea soup at a senior home, with a spoon.