What are your thoughts on single cell organisms

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

WestTexasCrude

What are your thoughts on single cell organisms

Post by WestTexasCrude »

That 1 billion years later populated the entire Earth with life forms. Hey, this forum is dead as shit, might as well stir the pot.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Re: What are your thoughts on single cell organisms

Post by necronomous »

You know people here are going to say that they tell lies about blond neighbors.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Maybe if they cut down on their drinking and staring into their neighbors bedroom windows and maybe go meet some real people instead of drunk driving into the tumble weeds those cells wouldn't be so single.
I blame Biker.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

This is going as expected. :lol:
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Biker wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:51 am Some are fine, others end up consuming post-digested corn kernels
Others, like you Biker, are a faggot & a fucking loser with a wife that's a disgusting pig. Keep killing the board pussy. Thanks to you more & more people are leaving this site. :roll:
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Biker wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:05 am
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:01 am
Biker wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:51 am Some are fine, others end up consuming post-digested corn kernels
Others, like you Biker, are a faggot & a fucking loser with a wife that's a disgusting pig. Keep killing the board pussy. Thanks to you more & more people are leaving this site. :roll:
Why so triggered, cunty?
Because you're not fun, and you're not funny. You just repeat the same old lame jokes that have been on this board for years. STFU already and move on.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Thank God for yeast. And the ethanol they produce.
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Post by HighNDry »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:07 am
Biker wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:05 am
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:01 am
Why so triggered, cunty?
Because you're not fun, and you're not funny. You just repeat the same old lame jokes that have been on this board for years. STFU already and move on.
Shut your mouth, cuntface
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Called it.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

I'm glad I no longer produce them myself.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i thought it was really interesting watching some scientist type show not long ago. The guy took some kind of soup. I can't remember what all he put into this big pot, but it was basically what might have been in water holes back before life on earth. He basically got it to a certain point of stuff in the pot and then hit it with some electricity (mimic a lightning strike, I think). And then the amoeba (i guess) start to grow. Out of nothing but what was in there. Life was just created. Anyway, they showed how fucking fast they multiply. and then start to connect to each other.

It really made what was seemingly an impossible feat look pretty damn easy.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Flumper wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:43 pm i thought it was really interesting watching some scientist type show not long ago. The guy took some kind of soup. I can't remember what all he put into this big pot, but it was basically what might have been in water holes back before life on earth. He basically got it to a certain point of stuff in the pot and then hit it with some electricity (mimic a lightning strike, I think). And then the amoeba (i guess) start to grow. Out of nothing but what was in there. Life was just created. Anyway, they showed how fucking fast they multiply. and then start to connect to each other.

Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of Science?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:50 pm
Flumper wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:43 pm i thought it was really interesting watching some scientist type show not long ago. The guy took some kind of soup. I can't remember what all he put into this big pot, but it was basically what might have been in water holes back before life on earth. He basically got it to a certain point of stuff in the pot and then hit it with some electricity (mimic a lightning strike, I think). And then the amoeba (i guess) start to grow. Out of nothing but what was in there. Life was just created. Anyway, they showed how fucking fast they multiply. and then start to connect to each other.

its a gift. you can learn a thing or two sometimes if a good show comes on while you wait for Dog the Bounty Hunter to start.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Are you referring to the Miller–Urey Experiment? That didn't produce "life" in any way, just the basic components of life, namely a number of amino acids and some other proto-biotic compounds. As a grad student, I did some work in the lab of another experimenter involving the spontaneous production of some component chemicals of life that are found out in the universe. Stuff like ammonia, water, cyanide, and other things that is (oddly) found out in space in relatively high concentrations. Even in empty space, those building blocks can come together to produce amino acids and other organic compounds.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

QillerDaemon wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:01 pm

Are you referring to the Miller–Urey Experiment? That didn't produce "life" in any way, just the basic components of life, namely a number of amino acids and some other proto-biotic compounds. As a grad student, I did some work in the lab of another experimenter involving the spontaneous production of some component chemicals of life that are found out in the universe. Stuff like ammonia, water, cyanide, and other things that is (oddly) found out in space in relatively high concentrations. Even in empty space, those building blocks can come together to produce amino acids and other organic compounds.
yeah, that's what it was. "Amino Acids". I knew it started with an "A". It was really interesting.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I mean, fucking Adam and Eve didn't climb out of the pot, but it did show how much easier it was to produce life out of basically a pot of soup than you would think.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Flumper wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:55 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:50 pm

its a gift. you can learn a thing or two sometimes if a good show comes on while you wait for Dog the Bounty Hunter to start.
I don't watch TV, But I do watch movies and my last comment was from a Monty Python movie. Monty Python could teach you a thing or two about humor.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:32 pm
I don't watch TV, But I do watch movies and my last comment was from a Monty Python movie. Monty Python could teach you a thing or two about humor.
I'd like to complain about people who hold things up complaining about people who complain. Its high time something was done about it.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

I don't want to argue about that.
wut?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Thanks Bingo. After 2 Billion years, the Earth cooled enough for single cell organism's to thrive. Have always wondered what global event triggered the explosion of multi-cells and eventually domination of life on all corners of the globe.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:04 am

Thanks Bingo. After 2 Billion years, the Earth cooled enough for single cell organism's to thrive. Have always wondered what global event triggered the explosion of multi-cells and eventually domination of life on all corners of the globe.
I really think it was the enormous (and sudden) creation of oxygen that led to that.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:56 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:04 am

I really think it was the enormous (and sudden) creation of oxygen that led to that.
Actually I believe the rise of celled organisms in the environment is what caused the huge rise in oxygen (and not the other way around). Would seem obvious that once the multi-celled organism's started "becoming" life forms, they were first and foremost plants (producing oxygen). Evolutionary wise, plants must have come first.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:35 pm Actually I believe the rise of celled organisms in the environment is what caused the huge rise in oxygen (and not the other way around). Would seem obvious that once the multi-celled organism's started "becoming" life forms, they were first and foremost plants (producing oxygen). Evolutionary wise, plants must have come first.
yes. it was the boom of the plant life that led to the animals (insects, fish, birds, etc.). Because of the sudden explosion of oxygen that they (plants) produced.

which, technically, was Day 3 in the creation. It wasn't until 2 days later that the birds and fish came.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:41 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:35 pm Actually I believe the rise of celled organisms in the environment is what caused the huge rise in oxygen (and not the other way around). Would seem obvious that once the multi-celled organism's started "becoming" life forms, they were first and foremost plants (producing oxygen). Evolutionary wise, plants must have come first.
yes. it was the boom of the plant life that led to the animals (insects, fish, birds, etc.). Because of the sudden explosion of oxygen that they (plants) produced.
I can see how single celled orgs could evolve in multi-cells and after billions of years become life forms like plants and later animals. But it still begs the question of how single cells came to be on this planet. They didn't just appear out of nowhere. The early Earth was bombarded for a billion years + with left over debris from the newly formed solar system. Seems like I read that the obvious answer is that among the debris hitting the Earth was an asteroid/ comet from somewhere else in the Galaxy that against all odds had "life forms" able to survive in them through the void of space. That's almost unbelievable.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:55 pm I can see how single celled orgs could evolve in multi-cells and after billions of years become life forms like plants and later animals. But it still begs the question of how single cells came to be on this planet. They didn't just appear out of nowhere. The early Earth was bombarded for a billion years + with left over debris from the newly formed solar system. Seems like I read that the obvious answer is that among the debris hitting the Earth was an asteroid/ comet from somewhere else in the Galaxy that against all odds had "life forms" able to survive in them through the void of space. That's almost unbelievable.
You see... this is what happens when you sleep through high school. :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.