Astros/ Yankees

Other people doing physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

WestTexasCrude

Astros/ Yankees

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Could be a great ALCS. My Astros are locked and loaded.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Astros/ Yankees

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Well, at least they got 3 hits.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Astros have two of the best pitchers in baseball, and the Yankmees, in the past, got in trouble for over-reliance on big swings and the long-ball.

Fortunately, they've got some people who can play small-ball now too. 'Cause you're not going to be hitting many homers with Verlander and Cole pitching.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

FSchmertz wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:10 pm Astros have two of the best pitchers in baseball, and the Yankmees, in the past, got in trouble for over-reliance on big swings and the long-ball.

Fortunately, they've got some people who can play small-ball now too. 'Cause you're not going to be hitting many homers with Verlander and Cole pitching.
1-1 back to NY. Could be a classic series. Winner probably takes the WS.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

National's fans are trolling Harper that they got better after he left.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

beagleboy wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:30 pm National's fans are trolling Harper that they got better after he left.
Classic sports trash talk! :lol: :lol: :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Astros are going to have a real dilemma in the off-season. Gerrit Cole's contract expires at the end of the season. He will be getting top dollar starting next year. Not sure what they will be able to offer him other than many chances at a ring with less money. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:11 pm Astros are going to have a real dilemma in the off-season. Gerrit Cole's contract expires at the end of the season. He will be getting top dollar starting next year. Not sure what they will be able to offer him other than many chances at a ring with less money. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.
31. The only way they'll keep him is offer 8-10 years, 'cause they won't match some of the money offered.

Offering that many years will be a mistake.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:11 pm Astros are going to have a real dilemma in the off-season. Gerrit Cole's contract expires at the end of the season. He will be getting top dollar starting next year. Not sure what they will be able to offer him other than many chances at a ring with less money. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.
Do you EVER know what the fuck you're talking about?

The MLB salary cap in 2020 is $208 million. The Houston Astros (at $148 million) will be $60 million below the cap. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to keep Cole... assuming they even want to.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Looking at his stats I think they'd want him back. Pirates fans would be happy to see him come back.
wut?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Wut wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:03 pm Looking at his stats I think they'd want him back. Pirates fans would be happy to see him come back.
The Astros will be $60 million under the cap. Verlander is done after 2021 and they'll let him walk (if he doesn't retire first). That will save the Astros $33 million. They can easily sign Cole and even pay a tax if they have to for the two years Verlander is still around. But that said, they would be nuts to sign him to anything more than 6-8 years.

But then again, I'm pretty sure there's some team out there stupid enough to give him 10 yrs/ $300 million. (looking at you NY Mets)
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Ten years is a long time, I'd expect a 3-5 year deal.
wut?
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:18 pm
Wut wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:03 pm Looking at his stats I think they'd want him back. Pirates fans would be happy to see him come back.
The Astros will be $60 million under the cap. Verlander is done after 2021 and they'll let him walk (if he doesn't retire first). That will save the Astros $33 million. They can easily sign Cole and even pay a tax if they have to for the two years Verlander is still around. But that said, they would be nuts to sign him to anything more than 6-8 years.

But then again, I'm pretty sure there's some team out there stupid enough to give him 10 yrs/ $300 million. (looking at you NY Mets)
I was surprised that the Mutts pretty much stayed out of the Harper/Machado sweepstakes.

I don't think the Wilponzi's will let the GM spend that kind of money.

But the Yankmees might.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

FSchmertz wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:36 pm
31. The only way they'll keep him is offer 8-10 years, 'cause they won't match some of the money offered.

Offering that many years will be a mistake.
Like I said , it will be interesting to see how it all works out. Taking top money with a scrap bottom team doesn't seem like a good career move.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:42 pm
Do you EVER know what the fuck you're talking about?

The MLB salary cap in 2020 is $208 million. The Houston Astros (at $148 million) will be $60 million below the cap. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to keep Cole... assuming they even want to.
Sorry. I can't actually respond to your comments since I didn't give you permission to post in my thread (per your logic).
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Well, the playoffs are confirming that you aren't going to go far without pitching.

Yankmees, same as 2017. All that hitting entirely negated by excellent pitching. They didn't learn their lesson.

P.S. Nationals vs Astros: A whole lot of quick 1-0, 2-1 pitching exhibitions?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

FSchmertz wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:42 pm Well, the playoffs are confirming that you aren't going to go far without pitching.

Yankmees, same as 2017. All that hitting entirely negated by excellent pitching. They didn't learn their lesson.

P.S. Nationals vs Astros: A whole lot of quick 1-0, 2-1 pitching exhibitions?
Yep. You can never ever say a 3-1 lead means the series is "over", but with the Yankees looking at Verlander and Cole in 2 of the remaining 3 games, I think you can say it's over.
8-TrackJones
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by 8-TrackJones »

Chapman challenged the little guy. And lost. And then smirked?
Klaatu ......Barada .......Ncoughcoughcough.........Necktie.........Nickel.....
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

A game for the ages. My Stros onto the WS
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:29 pm A game for the ages. My Stros onto the WS
Be careful you don't fall off that bandwagon... you might hurt yourself. :lol:
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:42 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:29 pm A game for the ages. My Stros onto the WS
Be careful you don't fall off that bandwagon... you might hurt yourself. :lol:
Hear ya. My problem is I have no knowledge at all about the Nats. Been scoping out the Yankees and Dodgers all year figuring that's who we would be up against. Nats are like a blind slate.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Oh, and BTW. There is no "bandwagon" between me and the Astros. I was born in Houston. They have been my my team for decades. Believe me, I have the emotional scars from decades of futility to prove it. :lol: :lol:
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:20 pm Oh, and BTW. There is no "bandwagon" between me and the Astros. I was born in Houston. They have been my my team for decades. Believe me, I have the emotional scars from decades of futility to prove it. :lol: :lol:
They lose Cole and you might be in for more futility.

They were very patient building this team up the right way, but eventually you've got to pay people.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:20 pm Oh, and BTW. There is no "bandwagon" between me and the Astros. I was born in Houston. They have been my my team for decades. Believe me, I have the emotional scars from decades of futility to prove it. :lol: :lol:
Bullshit.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

FSchmertz wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:40 pm
They lose Cole and you might be in for more futility.

They were very patient building this team up the right way, but eventually you've got to pay people.
I don't think so. The Astros GM over last few years has built this team loaded not only at the major league level but down to the lowest minor league level. You should see the players that couldn't break through the ML ceiling here that got traded in separate deals. Staring in their own right with several teams. RD regurgitating "salary cap" BS means he doesn't understand how the Astros roll. They don't throw money around trying to fill gaps. Leave that to the Yankees and RedSocks.