Probiotics

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Probiotics

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Anyone else using probiotics?

Many years ago, I had a terrible bout of IBS. Eventually, it went away, but I've had a couple of returns, most recently, a few weeks ago.
I associated it with airline travel (gas bloating), but there's more to it than that.

Then I read about gut bacteria, and how sometimes some strains of it can die off. Speculation was that it was caused by antibiotics.
I thought back to my outbreaks, and realized that there was a time correlation, whether it was causal, or not.

Anyway, I've started probiotics, and am waiting to see the outcome. Already I'm not having reflux.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Re: Probiotics

Post by QillerDaemon »

My wife does, seems to make her more regular. And with greater bulk. I know you wanted to know that.

What works for her doesn't work for me. I take them and get all plugged up.
And horridly gassy, something I am naturally. So I don't need the help.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:47 pm Anyone else using probiotics?

Many years ago, I had a terrible bout of IBS. Eventually, it went away, but I've had a couple of returns, most recently, a few weeks ago.
I associated it with airline travel (gas bloating), but there's more to it than that.

Then I read about gut bacteria, and how sometimes some strains of it can die off. Speculation was that it was caused by antibiotics.
I thought back to my outbreaks, and realized that there was a time correlation, whether it was causal, or not.

Anyway, I've started probiotics, and am waiting to see the outcome. Already I'm not having reflux.
Well shit. I've heard about that crap, but hadn't had time to really digest what all it means. I know it could be hard to swallow for some people, that single cell organisms can impact so much of our health but they have had increasing cases of auto brewery disorder, or whatever they call it, where yeast take over the primary digestive duties and ferment all the carbs that people take in.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

I had never heard of ABD before :lol:
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

I remember reading about a case of Auto-brewery syndrome about 30 years ago. Was an Asian fellow who never drank in his life but was constantly drunk. :lol:

Some days I wish I had it.....
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

No joke, you can now have a healthy persons shit surgically added to your digestive system to give your body the added good bacteria it needs for proper digestion. Not sure if this approved just yet but I know I read about it awhile back.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:46 pm No joke, you can now have a healthy persons shit surgically added to your digestive system to give your body the added good bacteria it needs for proper digestion. Not sure if this approved just yet but I know I read about it awhile back.
And you can literally blow smoke up your ass: http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php ... smoke-ass/
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

This is the brave new world. The healthy gut has pounds of bacteria, helping out with vitamin synthesis, among other things. I suspect poop transfusions will become more and more common.

I haven't needed antibiotics in years. My alimentary canal is cast iron. But there was a viciously long-lasting bout of tourista from some fucked up lettuce whilst on Cuba. My buddy took pills and was made whole in a few days. I was loose for over two weeks upon my return, but fought it off.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Charliesheen wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:59 pm This is the brave new world. The healthy gut has pounds of bacteria, helping out with vitamin synthesis, among other things. I suspect poop transfusions will become more and more common.

I haven't needed antibiotics in years. My alimentary canal is cast iron. But there was a viciously long-lasting bout of tourista from some fucked up lettuce whilst on Cuba. My buddy took pills and was made whole in a few days. I was loose for over two weeks upon my return, but fought it off.
I think you're very impressed with yourself but the reality is that you're full of shit. :lol:
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

I am pretty impressed.

It's so nice being healthy I find myself bragging about it. Can't help it, I guess. And I appreciate you pointing that out.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
s.murph
Some Old Dead Fuck

Post by s.murph »

Watched Howard Stern last month telling Bill Maher that Metamucil changed his life, so there must be something to it. I do probiotics when I take antibiotics because the antibiotics also kill the good bacteria and give me the shits. :layrubber:
fouts
Forum God

Post by fouts »

I've heard antibiotics can have a down side like that,also heard puddles of sperm can jump start digestion
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

fouts wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:09 pm I've heard antibiotics can have a down side like that,also heard puddles of sperm can jump start digestion
And yogurt.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

megman wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:10 pm
fouts wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:09 pm I've heard antibiotics can have a down side like that,also heard puddles of sperm can jump start digestion
And yogurt.
A lot of things that are fermented have the kind of bacteria you want from what I understand. That nasty ass kombucha is supposed to be great for you.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Blast wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:06 pm
And yogurt.
A lot of things that are fermented have the kind of bacteria you want from what I understand. That nasty ass kombucha is supposed to be great for you.
Kombucha is great stuff. I also use cultured coconut milk.

JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

Blast wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:06 pm
And yogurt.
I cant get over how kombucha looks while its brewing enough to ever actually try it. Barf.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
allwhitemeat
Forum Irregular

Post by allwhitemeat »

s.murph wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:59 am Watched Howard Stern last month telling Bill Maher that Metamucil changed his life, so there must be something to it. I do probiotics when I take antibiotics because the antibiotics also kill the good bacteria and give me the shits. :layrubber:
Metamucil is just a stool softener. not a probiotic. It draws water naturally in the colon so it rehydrates and softens old desiccated poop. I prefer a glass of Welch's Grape juice with added fiber. Has more fiber than prune juice, is easy to drink and has me pushing out shit meringue every morning. When I get really backed up I take a few capsuls of liquid magnesium. that will turn you into a chocolate soft serve ice cream machine, and it never ends. you may have to flush twice during the first crap session things start moving for fear of clogging the toilet.

some yogurt will give you all the healthy gut bacteria you need. activia brand or not. Just eat some live cultured yogurt once or twice a week. But Metamucil just helps keep your poop soft and malleable.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes"
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

allwhitemeat wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:06 pm
s.murph wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:59 am Watched Howard Stern last month telling Bill Maher that Metamucil changed his life, so there must be something to it. I do probiotics when I take antibiotics because the antibiotics also kill the good bacteria and give me the shits. :layrubber:
Metamucil is just a stool softener. not a probiotic. It draws water naturally in the colon so it rehydrates and softens old desiccated poop. I prefer a glass of Welch's Grape juice with added fiber. Has more fiber than prune juice, is easy to drink and has me pushing out shit meringue every morning. When I get really backed up I take a few capsuls of liquid magnesium. that will turn you into a chocolate soft serve ice cream machine, and it never ends. you may have to flush twice during the first crap session things start moving for fear of clogging the toilet.

some yogurt will give you all the healthy gut bacteria you need. activia brand or not. Just eat some live cultured yogurt once or twice a week. But Metamucil just helps keep your poop soft and malleable.
About 5 minutes after my morning coffee I'm destroying the customer bathroom, without fail
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

I could not listen to that.
s.murph
Some Old Dead Fuck

Post by s.murph »

My physical therapist gave me a case of Ensure. That shit is crazier than X-Lax! Had to toss a few pair of drawers.