Hummer Electric Pickup Truck Vs Tesla Cybertruck: Survey Says...

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Hummer Electric Pickup Truck Vs Tesla Cybertruck: Survey Says...

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

WoW! Hummer is now turning into being an environmentally conscience logo and not a gas guzzler. It's just further evidence that electric vehicles are becoming very popular. I personally think they're still too expensive for the mainstream market but with ranges of 300 miles make range anxiety a thing of the past. Which one do you like better?

Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Re: Hummer Electric Pickup Truck Vs Tesla Cybertruck: Survey Says...

Post by Blast »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:16 pm WoW! Hummer is now turning into being an environmentally conscience logo and not a gas guzzler. It's just further evidence that electric vehicles are becoming very popular. I personally think they're still too expensive for the mainstream market but with ranges of 300 miles make range anxiety a thing of the past. Which one do you like better?

The Hummer looks better, but neither are currently "good" for the environment when you take into account the amount of environmental impact the manufacturer and disposal of the batteries entails. Add to it the safety hazard of the power systems when in an accident or even doing maintenance. The cracked cases can burst into flames months after an accident is the damage isn't spotted. At end of life they pose disposal hazards. Electricians have to disconnect the batteries and they have to be stored in a warehouse until a safe method of recycling them can be found.

I wouldn't buy either.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Blast wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:31 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:16 pm WoW! Hummer is now turning into being an environmentally conscience logo and not a gas guzzler. It's just further evidence that electric vehicles are becoming very popular. I personally think they're still too expensive for the mainstream market but with ranges of 300 miles make range anxiety a thing of the past. Which one do you like better?

The Hummer looks better, but neither are currently "good" for the environment when you take into account the amount of environmental impact the manufacturer and disposal of the batteries entails. Add to it the safety hazard of the power systems when in an accident or even doing maintenance. The cracked cases can burst into flames months after an accident is the damage isn't spotted. At end of life they pose disposal hazards. Electricians have to disconnect the batteries and they have to be stored in a warehouse until a safe method of recycling them can be found.

I wouldn't buy either.
Now you're acting like a true Debbie Downer & I seriously doubt what you say is true. There is a whole fucking tons more of waste when you're driving a gas powered vehicle son. Really, come clean here, if what you say is true than why is the government offering 5 thousand dollars worth of discount to drive an electric vehicle. Do the math son. EV is not anywhere near producing the bio-hazards as does a oil or gas fossil fueled car does. Get over it and endorse EV vehicles. They will help reduce pollution and global warming and be better for are environment. Therefore STFU with your bullshit.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

Fsf, I'm in the recycling industry remember? I'm not gonna pick fights just to argue. Electric vehicles are a huge safety risk in the industry, through shock or fire. I won't accept them in my yard. I had a hybrid come in the other day and I made the tow truck driver take it right back out.
Look into the manufacturer of the batteries. Lithium. It's a salt and is mined using water. It's very unstable and reacts to water the same way sodium does in its pure form, which they need out in for the batteries.
They pose a hazard for first responders, they have to completely discharge the battery before anything else, that includes cutting out occupants in a rescue situation.
The reason the government give people incentives? If they didn't, would you have actually gotten that car?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

Biden did mention in South Carolina stump speech about rebuilding our infrastructure along with the addition of power stations for the purpose of recharging vehicles.
If you don't believe batteries are a fire hazard, take an old laptop battery out on your driveway and crack it open with a hammer. gloves and safety glasses along with a fire extinguisher on hand would be my recommendation.
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Who wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:42 am Biden did mention in South Carolina stump speech about rebuilding our infrastructure along with the addition of power stations for the purpose of recharging vehicles.
If you don't believe batteries are a fire hazard, take an old laptop battery out on your driveway and crack it open with a hammer. gloves and safety glasses along with a fire extinguisher on hand would be my recommendation.
Or take a so called dead button battery and put it in your pant pocket with loose change...
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

no thanks, but tractor supply sells generic button batteries of different outputs about 24 for $9.95
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

I wouldn't buy either.
Not to mention until we get away from fossil fuel energy, you're still causing emissions to acquire the electricity to charge your vehicle.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
allwhitemeat
Forum Irregular

Post by allwhitemeat »

im glad FSF moved on from Dawg and is now calling people Son. Sounds about white to me.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes"
kwebber
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by kwebber »

JCW wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:56 pm

I wouldn't buy either.
Not to mention until we get away from fossil fuel energy, you're still causing emissions to acquire the electricity to charge your vehicle.
Not where we live.
Currently AFK.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

So far this is the consensus of the experts:
"Research has shown that electric cars are better for the environment. They emit less greenhouse gases and air pollutants over their life than a petrol or diesel car. This is even after the production of the vehicle and the generation of the electricity required to fuel them is considered."

Especially in NJ, where electric energy is produced by over 25% nuclear or alternative energy, not to mention natural gas is better for the environment as well.

You could open up a massive debate about this but there's a reason why car companies are suddenly investing billions in electric vehicles and Tesla's stock is through the roof.
JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

kwebber wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:26 pm
JCW wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:56 pm

I wouldn't buy either.
Not where we live.
"We" wasnt specific to us.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

This guy spends 80k on Tesla and ends up in his driveway in the snow in upstate NY working on his shitty car

AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

The tesla concept model looks shit, looks like something from a cheap sci-fi show, I expect it has the software edge though. Hummer looks way better.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

AnalHamster wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:20 am The tesla concept model looks shit, looks like something from a cheap sci-fi show, I expect it has the software edge though. Hummer looks way better.
The fella in the above videos entire car died and left him stranded in a parking lot due to a software giltch. Tesla then directed him to their only authorized towing company which them proceeded to improperly pull the car on the back of the lorry and bend the suspension. Both Tesla and the lorry company stuck him with the $5000 repair bill
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

Blast wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:06 am Fsf, I'm in the recycling industry remember? I'm not gonna pick fights just to argue. Electric vehicles are a huge safety risk in the industry, through shock or fire. I won't accept them in my yard. I had a hybrid come in the other day and I made the tow truck driver take it right back out.
Look into the manufacturer of the batteries. Lithium. It's a salt and is mined using water. It's very unstable and reacts to water the same way sodium does in its pure form, which they need out in for the batteries.
They pose a hazard for first responders, they have to completely discharge the battery before anything else, that includes cutting out occupants in a rescue situation.
The reason the government give people incentives? If they didn't, would you have actually gotten that car?
You probably need to do a bit more research about the hazards of electric and hybrid cars. They are less hazardous than gasoline cars when it comes to accidents.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

spudoc wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:39 pm
Blast wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:06 am Fsf, I'm in the recycling industry remember? I'm not gonna pick fights just to argue. Electric vehicles are a huge safety risk in the industry, through shock or fire. I won't accept them in my yard. I had a hybrid come in the other day and I made the tow truck driver take it right back out.
You probably need to do a bit more research about the hazards of electric and hybrid cars. They are less hazardous than gasoline cars when it comes to accidents.
Ok, what've you got to back it up?
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

Blast wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:45 pm
spudoc wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:39 pm
Ok, what've you got to back it up?
https://www.motherearthnews.com/green-t ... zkcz12zalt