So where is...

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

megman
Nanook of the North

So where is...

Post by megman »

This Global Warming "they" keep going on about.

8:30 AM and it's -33C with a windchill of -37C here. Not pretty having to go out and throw wood in the water heater.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: So where is...

Post by CaptQuint »

Antarctic temperature rises above 20C for first time on record

Earth just had hottest January since records began, data shows.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ate-crisis

Most of last month and most of this month has been in the high 30's and low 40's. This is not normal.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

CaptQuint wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:38 pm Antarctic temperature rises above 20C for first time on record

Most of last month and most of this month has been in the high 30's and low 40's. This is not normal.
But we've been measuring shit for less than 200 years. What we have it to compare to is statistically nothing.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Blast wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:41 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:38 pm Antarctic temperature rises above 20C for first time on record

But we've been measuring shit for less than 200 years. What we have it to compare to is statistically nothing.
Humans have only been doing what we've been doing for 200 years
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

megman wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:30 pm This Global Warming "they" keep going on about.

8:30 AM and it's -33C with a windchill of -37C here. Not pretty having to go out and throw wood in the water heater.
Weather and climate are different. Meanwhile in BC its been double digit highs all week. I wore a teeshirt twice this week. In february.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

4 weeks till Spring and I've only had one snow storm where the driveway needed to plowed clear of snow, damn unusual.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

CaptQuint wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:25 pm 4 weeks till Spring and I've only had one snow storm where the driveway needed to plowed clear of snow, damn unusual.
It all came up here. Great for sledding but not for anything else.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

JCW wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:19 pmI wore a teeshirt twice this week. In february.
Topless the rest of the week?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

megman wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:28 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:25 pm 4 weeks till Spring and I've only had one snow storm where the driveway needed to plowed clear of snow, damn unusual.
Yet if you ask WTC I'm perpetually buried up to the rafters
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

CaptQuint wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:35 pm
megman wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:28 pm
Yet if you ask WTC I'm perpetually buried up to the rafters
Well we know you don't live in Buffalo....
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:36 pm
Damn. Almost as if weather operates in cycles
What cycle is that? Please expound
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

JCW wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:19 pm
megman wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:30 pm This Global Warming "they" keep going on about.

Weather and climate are different. Meanwhile in BC its been double digit highs all week. I wore a teeshirt twice this week. In february.
Another Best Coast braggart. :lol:
JCW

Post by JCW »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:33 pm
JCW wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:19 pmI wore a teeshirt twice this week. In february.
No one needs to see that.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

I would love to see that.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

JCW wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:49 pm
I'll trade you a pic of my cat
JCW

Post by JCW »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:51 pm I would love to see that.
I'm like 95% in shape now, give me a couple more weeks of adding cardio class onto my karate lessons and we will talk.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Why am I not surprised you are one of the people that doesn't believe in that stuff?

megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Flumper wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:37 pm

Why am I not surprised you are one of the people that doesn't believe in that stuff?

Belief has nothing to do with it. It would just be nice to get some concrete evidence without all the melodrama.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

megman wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:54 pmBelief has nothing to do with it. It would just be nice to get some concrete evidence without all the melodrama.
What would you consider as "concrete evidence"?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:18 pm
megman wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:54 pmBelief has nothing to do with it. It would just be nice to get some concrete evidence without all the melodrama.
please don't bring up that melting ice stuff. :eyeroll:
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:18 pm
How about something that everyone can agree on instead of 14 versions and all the hyperbole?

I keep hearing about how the whole globe is heating up and yet here I sit farting snowflakes. Whatever happened to the Ice Ae they predicted back in the 70's?

Just tired of the chickenlittle shit.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

It's 85 in Florida. I just got back from swimming. My neighbor is from Ontario. We're waiting for you.
I blame Biker.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Saturday, February 15, 2020 - Morning Weather Discussion
Cold again today, but warming with showers likely Tuesday, then colder, then warmer again, and a rant about the warmth…

This was the coldest morning of the winter so far, and quite possibly for the entire winter. The low reached 7 degrees at my weather station in Allamuchy Township, Warren County, NJ. This could end up being the low for the winter as there are no signs of extreme cold over the next two weeks, and then we are into March. If this does indeed end up being the low for the winter, this would be the warmest low temperature I have ever seen. Traditionally we have had at least one day every winter here when the low was below zero. I could even imagine the low single digits as being reasonable, but 7? That is about 10 degrees warmer than usual. This is truly an unbelievably warm winter. I remember when I was a kid how there were many years when it didn’t snow much at all, just like this winter, so the lack of snow is not all that unusual at all, but what is unusual is the warmth. Even though it didn’t snow much when I was kid here in NJ, it was at least cold. It would rain and be in the mid 30’s. That was normal, but not rain and 50’s in January and February, or even 60’s. They put a no ice fishing sign up on the lake in front of my home a few months ago. It is looking like a joke this winter though as there hasn’t been enough ice to fish on it the entire winter, and 90% of the winter there hasn’t been any ice on it at all. None! The warmth is truly remarkable…

If you didn’t already read the article, click here. Yes, January 2020 was the warmest January in recorded history on planet Earth. Yikes…

http://edgeweather.com/
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

JCW wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:49 pm
What about bottomless? I mean, I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a look.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden