Trump again claiming to know more than our entire Intelligence Apparatus

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Re: Trump again claiming to know more than our entire Intelligence Apparatus

Post by stymiegreen »

Once again where Trump claims a live video of public comments were "misquoted" and "Fake news". His mental decline is getting worse every day.

Trump claims his intel chiefs were 'misquoted' when they publicly broke with him

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/ ... ts-1140281

By MATTHEW CHOI

President Donald Trump claimed Thursday that his top intelligence officials were "misquoted" and "taken out of context" when they publicly broke with some of his core foreign policy views during congressional testimony earlier this week.

CIA Director Gina Haspel and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats on Tuesday shared assessments that were at odds with Trump's talking points on sensitive issues such as North Korea and ISIS, prompting Trump to lash out at his intelligence officials, calling them "naive" and that they should "go back to school."

When asked by reporters Thursday morning if he still has confidence in Haspel and Coats to give him good advice, Trump replied: "No. I disagree with certain things that they said. I think I'm right. Time will prove me right, probably."

But later Thursday afternoon, after meeting with Haspel and Coats in the Oval Office, Trump struck a different tone. He argued the comments were taken out of context — though a full report and recordings are publicly available — and that his intelligence team actually agrees with his world view.

Asked if he talked to his intelligence team about his displeasure with their testimony, Trump said he did .

"They said they were totally misquoted and they were totally — it was taken out of context," Trump told reporters. "So what I do, I suggested you call them. They said it was fake news."

Trump then followed up on Twitter.

"Just concluded a great meeting with my Intel team in the Oval Office who told me that what they said on Tuesday at the Senate Hearing was mischaracterized by the media - and we are very much in agreement on Iran, ISIS, North Korea, etc. Their testimony was distorted press," Trump wrote. "I would suggest you read the COMPLETE testimony from Tuesday. A false narrative is so bad for our Country. I value our intelligence community. Happily, we had a very good meeting, and we are all on the same page!"

During the hearing Tuesday, Haspel and Coats testified that North Korea is unlikely to give up its nuclear weapons, Iran is largely in compliance with the nuclear deal Trump abandoned and ISIS remains a formidable threat in the Middle East.

In the past, Trump has touted his thawing rapport with North Korea's leader, Kim Jong Un, as a sign that he has made significant headway in denuclearizing the peninsula — a feat he has suggested could beeline him to the Nobel Peace Prize. The president also withdrew the U.S. from the Iran nuclear deal brokered under the Obama administration, unleashing new sanctions on Iran and denouncing the deal for allowing the country to stockpile nuclear weapons. He has also declared victory over ISIS and announced a removal of U.S. troops from Syria, prompting consternation from both sides of the aisle.

Trump initially chafed at the divergences from his foreign policy talking points, writing in a tweet on Wednesday: "Be careful of Iran. Perhaps Intelligence should go back to school!"
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

He's only talking to his base at this point, they're too dumb to find out for themselves what the intel chiefs said and the rightie echo chamber isn't going to tell them. It's too excited about an imaginary wave of late term abortions, the NPCs will be droning on about abortion for a while yet.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Biker wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:46 pm
analhamster wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:38 pm
Yeah, that'll happen. I'll leave the lights on.
https://cis.org/Report/Examination-US-I ... ious-Crime
I'm sure you read that, as I just did. So what do you think it says? Do you think it backs the made up stats you are attempting to defend? What do you think it says about your general contention?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

I'll leave the lights on :lol:
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

"A Family Matter"
An especially ominous reason for underreporting is that what most Americans would call crime many immigrants consider to be tradition, or if a crime, a "family matter" not requiring outside interference. In this view, police are not supposed to supplant patriarchal authority in resolving disputes, however evident that the "conflict" in question is a case of prey needing protection from predator. Sometimes this can have tragic consequences. In Washington, D.C., for example, a Vietnamese family failed to report to authorities the repeated sexual molestation of their child by another adult member of their community. The family only complained after the predator murdered the child. When police, through an interpreter, asked the parents why they did not report the sexual abuse, they replied it is customary in their culture not to call upon strangers to settle delicate family problems.18 A young woman from Singapore recalled at a 1999 conference on domestic violence in Boston that back in her native country no one not family members or neighbors ever questioned her parents' and uncle's use of beatings and rape as a way to discipline her, an aunt, and a grandfather: "We rallied not for the victim but for the batterer. We'd say, Yeah, hit her because she was disobedient." That comment came in the context of a report by the Massachusetts Governor's Commission on Domestic Violence that found the state's outreach efforts on domestic violence hadn't reached refugees and immigrants, who have a greater incidence of family violence.19
Just what we need. More of these.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Charliesheen wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:07 am
"A Family Matter"
An especially ominous reason for underreporting is that what most Americans would call crime many immigrants consider to be tradition, or if a crime, a "family matter" not requiring outside interference. In this view, police are not supposed to supplant patriarchal authority in resolving disputes, however evident that the "conflict" in question is a case of prey needing protection from predator. Sometimes this can have tragic consequences. In Washington, D.C., for example, a Vietnamese family failed to report to authorities the repeated sexual molestation of their child by another adult member of their community. The family only complained after the predator murdered the child. When police, through an interpreter, asked the parents why they did not report the sexual abuse, they replied it is customary in their culture not to call upon strangers to settle delicate family problems.18 A young woman from Singapore recalled at a 1999 conference on domestic violence in Boston that back in her native country no one not family members or neighbors ever questioned her parents' and uncle's use of beatings and rape as a way to discipline her, an aunt, and a grandfather: "We rallied not for the victim but for the batterer. We'd say, Yeah, hit her because she was disobedient." That comment came in the context of a report by the Massachusetts Governor's Commission on Domestic Violence that found the state's outreach efforts on domestic violence hadn't reached refugees and immigrants, who have a greater incidence of family violence.19
Just what we need. More of these.
We have to respect their culture!!1!11
All cultural traditions have value and should be treated with respect. Who are we to judge?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Yeah if only domestic violence behind closed doors was as unheard of as it is in the white community.

Biker was attempting to back up a made up meme with made up statistics, and came up with a report that admits crime among immigrants is lower, but speculates maybe there's really more of some types of crime that just aren't reported, because that would fit the starting conclusion better.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Like dims claiming there's no voter fraud.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Charliesheen wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:17 pm Like dims claiming there's no voter fraud.
In person voter fraud is about as rare as you arguing in good faith
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

captquint wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:25 pm
Charliesheen wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:17 pm Like dims claiming there's no voter fraud.
You're morphing into Stymie more and more every day. It's time to tell me the entire board hates me now, too.

:lol:
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Charliesheen wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:58 am
You're morphing into Stymie more and more every day. It's time to tell me the entire board hates me now, too.

Charlie deeply concerned about non existing voter fraud and not at all worried about GOP election fraud

https://www.politifact.com/north-caroli ... ion-fraud/
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Texas Republicans Are Lying About Voter Fraud to Justify a Massive, Racist Voter Purge

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... purge.html

Within days of Paxton’s alarming tweet, Whitley had substantially backtracked. The secretary of state quietly informed county officials that a “significant number” of people on the list are actually citizens. Texas Director of Elections Keith Ingram acknowledged that these were “WEAK matches,” a “starting point” rather than a definitive list. In Harris County alone, about 18,000 nameswere removed from the initial list of alleged non-citizens. Some county officials, however, had already begun to notify residents on that first list that they had 30 days to prove their citizenship or lose their ability to vote.

The situation in Texas is a mess. But it is a dangerous mess. Paxton, a notorious foe of voting rights, is creating chaos and confusion in order to justify a radical purge of Texas’ voter rolls. As three new lawsuits filed by an array of civil rights groups argue, this purge isn’t just slapdash and sloppy—it’s discriminatory and illegal. Paxton and his allies are taking a page from Kris Kobach’s playbook of shock and awe: Toss out a wildly inflated claim of non-citizen voting, then use the ensuing panic to justify mass disenfranchisement. It is a dirty and duplicitous tactic. And thanks to America’s increasingly conservative judiciary, it might actually succeed.

Ken Paxton has been under indictment since 2015 for securities fraud.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/02/us/g ... arges.html
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

I recall pointing out how self-unaware you are about the general level of cuntiness of your own posts but I don't recall telling you the entire board hates you. I'm pretty sure gunzen thinks you're the bees knees. Lulz.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

He's a delicate little snowflake, you should be more sensitive.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

stymiegreen wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:57 pm

I recall pointing out how self-unaware you are about the general level of cuntiness of your own posts but I don't recall telling you the entire board hates you. I'm pretty sure gunzen thinks you're the bees knees. Lulz.
Nah, you play a high school girls game, The tone of this board is 24/7 cuntiness. I seriously doubt you speak to anyone, at any time, like what gets posted here.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

Charliesheen wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:39 pm
stymiegreen wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:57 pm

Nah, you play a high school girls game, The tone of this board is 24/7 cuntiness. I seriously doubt you speak to anyone, at any time, like what gets posted here.
That's pretty much the point chuck. Gets it out of the system. There's only so many times you can have a "nice" conversation with people that either ignore everything that is posted or literally read the same exact words that everyone else reads yet interprets them in the most skewed partisan way possible. You are a sensitive one though, sweetie. Its ok.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I want Angus King for POTUS
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

I'd settle for Angus Young. Is he still with us?