Donald Trump claimed he was of Swedish ancestry - but it's a lie

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Donald Trump claimed he was of Swedish ancestry - but it's a lie

Post by CaptQuint »

It seems the Trump family has been lying about their ancestry for a couple of generations. Donald Trump himself claimed in his book Trump: The Art of the Deal from 1987 that his father came to America as a boy, having emigrated from Sweden.

But it's not true. At least not according to the biographies The Trumps: Three Generations That Built An Empire by Gwenda Blair, and The lost tycoon by Henry Hurt.

In their research into the Trump family, both author's have come to the conclusion that the Swedish origins was just a story invented by Trump's father. During the middle of the 19th century, Trump's true decent - German - was simply bad for business.

“In the 1940s, people, especially in the real estate industry in New York, didn't want to hear that somebody was German — so let's get rid of that. Let's be Swedish,” Gwenda Blair said in an inteview with Inside Edition.

According to the New York Times, Donald Trump even asked his father why he had to keep the lie going at the time of writing Trump: the Art of the Deal.

Henry Hurt writes that the reason for continuing the story was to not upset the Jewish tenants of Trump real estate, reports Aftonbladet.

The true story is that Trump's grandparents on his father's side came to America from the German town of Kallstadt in 1905. On his mother's side, Trump's ancestry is Scottish.

"I don't believe there's any Swedish ancestry whatsoever," biographer Gwenda Blair said

https://nordic.businessinsider.com/dona ... lie-2016-8

The Art of the Deal has sold over a million copies, that means Trump, in writing lied to at least a million people about his heritage. No way he can run in 2020 :whip:
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Re: Donald Trump claimed he was of Swedish ancestry - but it's a lie

Post by AnalHamster »

John Oliver covered that one years ago. He had a slogan 'Make Donald Drumpf Again'. Made little red hats and everything.
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

Can I rescind my vote?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

analhamster wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:23 pm John Oliver covered that one years ago. He had a slogan 'Make Donald Drumpf Again'. Made little red hats and everything.
I love how the right thinks it's not the party that's obsessed with identity politics.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Honest question here: Are DNA tests able to tell blonde Nordic from blonde German ?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

This was the tweet that started it-
Drumpf tweet wrote:If Jon Stewart is so above it all & legit, why did he change his name from Jonathan Leibowitz? He should be proud of his heritage!
Stewart laughed it off as Trump attempting to out him as a Jew, then John Oliver outed Trump as a Drumpf :lol:
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

The only difference is Warren is a white woman co-opting the identity of indigenous native americans that were the victims of genocide by white colonizers. The Trumps are just con men.
I blame Biker.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Antknot wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:28 pm Honest question here: Are DNA tests able to tell blonde Nordic from blonde German ?
Not reliably, no. It's mostly a sales gimmick
https://www.livescience.com/7384-geneti ... tists.html
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Stapes wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:30 pm The only difference is Warren is a white woman co-opting the identity of indigenous native americans that were the victims of genocide by white colonizers. The Trumps are just con men.
So her parents told her she was indian and she wrote that on a card maybe 7 people have looked at and this got her what exactly? The was no Ancestry.com in 1987
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

captquint wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:35 pm
Stapes wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:30 pm The only difference is Warren is a white woman co-opting the identity of indigenous native americans that were the victims of genocide by white colonizers. The Trumps are just con men.
So her parents told her she was indian and she wrote that on a card maybe 7 people have looked at and this got her what exactly? The was no Ancestry.com in 1987

Like I said. It no longer matters. They will just weaponize it now and beat her to death with it undermining her credibility. Of course I thinks its bullshit but in my opinion....and only my opinion......it kills her chances now
I blame Biker.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK