Looked at your 401k lately?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Looked at your 401k lately?

Post by QillerDaemon »

:cussingblack:

I've lost well over $50K so far, year to date loss of -15.05%. My two IRAs have lost almost $20K.

I'm looking to retire in eight years, so I hope President Biden can put things back in order by his second term.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Looked at your 401k lately?

Post by Animal »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:11 pm :cussingblack:

I've lost well over $50K so far, year to date loss of -15.05%. My two IRAs have lost almost $20K.

I'm looking to retire in eight years, so I hope President Biden can put things back in order by his second term.
fortunately (or unfortunately), I don't have much money in IRA's or 401k. Since I own my own small business, we don't have 401k or any retirement plans. A lot of my $$ is tied up in my business and we have all of our money in cd's and guaranteed type accounts (bonding requirements).

but I do have money in stocks and mutual funds, etc. and those have crashed hard. about like 911 and the 2008 loan mess. This one is actually more of a correction than what people are blaming it on. the market grew way too fast and too high and all it needed was a push to tip it over. I moved a lot of money a few months ago into a different money manager account and instead of investing it all at once (since the market was so freaking high) I only put in about 25% of it and kept the other in money markets to add a little at a time. That was pure luck though. But I think I'm ready to put that in now. I really think this market has found a bottom. It was around 18,000 when trump got elected and its down around 20,000 now, so that's about the right range for it to stall out on this downward spiral.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

I'm thinking a few more weeks before it's stable and moving up.

But I don't know much about the markets so don't count on this to be reliable.
wut?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Wut wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:05 pm I'm thinking a few more weeks before it's stable and moving up.

Just a guess on my part. Investors over the weekend wondering what all the jitters are about over 2,200 cases- more people probably died in auto accidents last week. Dow up 2,000 (almost 10%) Friday. I expect a huge surge Monday. Back up near record highs by Summer. Just my guess-what do I know.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:38 pm
Wut wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:05 pm I'm thinking a few more weeks before it's stable and moving up.

what do I know.
Absolutely fucking nothing
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:38 pm

Just a guess on my part. Investors over the weekend wondering what all the jitters are about over 2,200 cases- more people probably died in auto accidents last week. Dow up 2,000 (almost 10%) Friday. I expect a huge surge Monday. Back up near record highs by Summer. Just my guess-what do I know.
You do understand that the stock market is a global entity, right?

You do understand that Coronavirus is a global problem, right?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:38 pm Just a guess on my part. Investors over the weekend wondering what all the jitters are about over 2,200 cases- more people probably died in auto accidents last week. Dow up 2,000 (almost 10%) Friday. I expect a huge surge Monday. Back up near record highs by Summer. Just my guess-what do I know.
You know absolutely nothing at all if you think it will be near record highs (30,000) by this summer. that might be the most ridiculous prediction I have ever heard.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:48 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:38 pm Just a guess on my part. Investors over the weekend wondering what all the jitters are about over 2,200 cases- more people probably died in auto accidents last week. Dow up 2,000 (almost 10%) Friday. I expect a huge surge Monday. Back up near record highs by Summer. Just my guess-what do I know.
You know absolutely nothing at all if you think it will be near record highs (30,000) by this summer. that might be the most ridiculous prediction I have ever heard.
And you know this how? I'm not the idiot in panic mode the last 2 weeks bailing the market and shifting most everything into Gold only to come sheepishly back by Summer. Let me state this again. 2,200 cases fueled by the Liberal media barrage and you fell for it hook, line, sinker. And this makes you an investment guru how?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:56 pm
And you know this how? I'm not the idiot in panic mode the last 2 weeks bailing the market and shifting most everything into Gold only to come sheepishly back by Summer. Let me state this again. 2,200 cases fueled by the Liberal media barrage and you fell for it hook, line, sinker. And this makes you an investment guru how?
i'm an investment guru in the fact that if i put my money into a mutual fund (or whatever) and it gained 30% in 2 months, i would sell it. Just like everyone else in the world that invests money. No one is going to sit around and watch an investment climb that much in that short a period of time and just sit on it. it doesn't happen. Markets go up slowly and they come down fast and hard. that's how it works.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

What the flying fuck makes you think the stock market only exists within the borders of the United States of America?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:56 pm And you know this how? I'm not the idiot in panic mode the last 2 weeks bailing the market and shifting most everything into Gold only to come sheepishly back by Summer. Let me state this again. 2,200 cases fueled by the Liberal media barrage and you fell for it hook, line, sinker. And this makes you an investment guru how?
Let me state this again. The market fell around 30%. That wasn't a hoax. That wasn't something cooked up by the liberal media. That wasn't anything to fall for hook line and sinker. That HAPPENED. It really did that.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Don't let the liberal media fool you, the market will be a 50,000 by August and Trump will make Trump Jr Vice Pres and AOC will be imprisoned and we will rule for 1000 years

SIN WTC
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:00 pm
i'm an investment guru in the fact that if i put my money into a mutual fund (or whatever) and it gained 30% in 2 months, i would sell it. Just like everyone else in the world that invests money. No one is going to sit around and watch an investment climb that much in that short a period of time and just sit on it. it doesn't happen. Markets go up slowly and they come down fast and hard. that's how it works.
Fine. I'll leave it there. It's at 23,000/ highest ever was 29,000+. Watch the next only 5 days until next Friday. I'll get back to you then. Deal? You're missing the point. None of the economics has changed despite the best effort of the media.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

None of the economics has changed despite the best effort of the media.

:lol:
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:07 pm
Fine. I'll leave it there. It's at 23,000/ highest ever was 29,000+. Watch the next only 5 days until next Friday. I'll get back to you then. Deal? You're missing the point. None of the economics has changed despite the best effort of the media.
WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:46 am By the end of this week the media will be spending 60 seconds an hour on this virus story. Watch.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Financial predictions brought to you from the middle of nowhere.
I blame Biker.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

CaptQuint wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:10 pm None of the economics has changed despite the best effort of the media.

I will stand by that statement. See CV thread. Naive doesn't mean you can stay stupid forever. Just saying.Knowing you, I'm not hopeful.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:44 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:10 pm None of the economics has changed despite the best effort of the media.

I will stand by that statement. See CV thread. Naive doesn't mean you can stay stupid forever. Just saying.Knowing you, I'm not hopeful.
The economy hasn't changed? There's a chance that you, more than most on this board, could be facing a layoff in the very near future.
US oil producers are going to be in for a very rough ride for the foreseeable future.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CaptQuint wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:54 pm Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Gas hit 0.92/L today. Haven't seen that for about 2 years. Hope it continues.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

megman wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:58 pm Gas hit 0.92/L today. Haven't seen that for about 2 years. Hope it continues.
Collapse of the OPEC/Russia/Saudi Arabia oil deal to curtail production. Saudi Arabia and Russia are flooding the market. Prices will keep going down.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:07 pm
The economics have changed dramatically in the short term. Goods from China and Asia generally have slowed which will affect production and sales in the US. Productivity is likely to be down anyway generally in the US. The travel industry and the entertainment industries are essentially dead right now. International trade will be down.
wut?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:44 pm
Oil will be back around $297 a barrel by July, the economy hasn't changed

:nascar: