2020 Candidates

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Re: 2020 Candidates

Post by AnalHamster »

Biker wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:07 pm Bernie will endorse Biden and bring most of his supporters along. The Bernie wing of the dem party are still patriots, they understand the need to save the country from the despicable personality cult traitors who support the dear leader. A palate cleansing healing Biden presidency will set things back on course for the real reform y'all need anyway, right now you just need saving. A majority of the senate of the United States are currently traitors, this is not a tenable position for your democracy. There's nothing the next potus could do first term no matter who it is except begin to repair the damage, some of which cannot be repaired in the short to medium term. A country that welches cannot be trusted, and that's gonna take a while to repair.
Comical considering that its the UK who are hoping for a mass infection of coronavirus on its peeps
I'm not seeing how you think those things are remotely related, but 60% yes. It's the target for herd immunity and the aim is to get there as soon as possible without overwhelming the medical services. I will explain it to you if you like, try to concentrate. Your own government wil have reached the same conclusion, they just lie to you. The pandemic is unstoppable now, it cannot be contained by quarantining new arrivals because it is already spreading in the population amongst people who have had no known contact with high risk people. This is just as true in the US as it is in the UK, so the containment phase where testing and quarantine is used to keep it out is over. That failed, lessons for the next pandemic perhaps but no longer useful.

We're now in the mitigation phase, assume anyone with symptoms has it and tell them to isolate. The aim is to prevent the health system being overwhelmed by the 10% or so of infected who need hospital care. Herd immunity kicks in at around 60%, so what you need to do is to slow the rate of new infections to reach that point without overwhelming the healthcare system. The UK and most of Europe are far better placed to do this than the US, not least because we can recognise this is what needs to be done and aren't going to bankrupt people to get treated or lie to them about it.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I'd say that is what is basically happening here. Shut down schools and large gatherings. Shut down some businesses too. Its no longer possible to stop so the next best thing is to slow it the fuck down. Best case scenario is that we mitigate its spread with these actions to a slow enough rate that it isnt a doomsday scene in our hospitals.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:37 am I'd say that is what is basically happening here. Shut down schools and large gatherings. Shut down some businesses too. Its no longer possible to stop so the next best thing is to slow it the fuck down. Best case scenario is that we mitigate its spread with these actions to a slow enough rate that it isnt a doomsday scene in our hospitals.
Yeah, we missed our chance to stop it (so did pretty much everyone else except China and maybe South Korea). Now we need to "flatten the slope" as you say. And hopefully they can get a vaccine out in record time.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

flatten the slope

:shock:
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:45 am flatten the slope

It's also called "flattening the curve"

AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Biker wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:19 am I’m drinking so I’ll rebut your nonsense in the morn.

I am pissed that I won’t be able to taste your brews until June at the earliest. I hate these travel bans with a passion
This virus has really shitty timing for a microbrew startup. We're guessing pubs and bars are probably going to be shut soon, or at least that demand will plummet, and switching temporarily to bottling only on the batches now maturing. This thing is going to put us back into burning through capital right when we were going to start turning profit.
PopcornSutton
Shit Meme Poster

Post by PopcornSutton »

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

AnalHamster wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:24 am
Biker wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:19 am I’m drinking so I’ll rebut your nonsense in the morn.

I am pissed that I won’t be able to taste your brews until June at the earliest. I hate these travel bans with a passion
This virus has really shitty timing for a microbrew startup. We're guessing pubs and bars are probably going to be shut soon, or at least that demand will plummet, and switching temporarily to bottling only on the batches now maturing. This thing is going to put us back into burning through capital right when we were going to start turning profit.
I hear ya. My core customer base is soccer moms and by default their families too and I've seen about a 15% drop so far this month. Thankfully I've got some savings for a "rainy day" situation business-wise but its not unlimited. If they completely close businesses I'll be ok for a bit but I gotta believe that will severely fuck a lot of folks.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

RACIST!
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:32 am

RACIST!
How could we know this virus could jump from Chinese to Human?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:40 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:32 am

RACIST!
How could we know this virus could jump from Chinese to Human?
:lol:
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

AnalHamster wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:24 am

That sucks man. Hope the hysteria wears down soon and shit works out. All snark aside with this bullshit debate stuff, I don't wish ill on anyone. Except spaceace, fuck that guy.
Last edited by necronomous on Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Biker wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:52 pm Remember, its Joe thats the senile one.

Seriously, this commie fuck doesnt even know what crisis we're dealing with now
That A commie is this much of a contender for the nomination is the real epidemic.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Tulsi is out, she just didn't realize she was never in.
I blame Biker.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

"Endorsed Joe Biden."

Cream sure rose to the top there, eh?
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

Biden accepting support from Russian Assets. Typical.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

beagleboy wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:55 pm Biden accepting support from Russian Assets. Typical.
PopcornSutton
Shit Meme Poster

Post by PopcornSutton »

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... ndustries/

Nikki ejects from Boeing board over bailouts.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Charliesheen wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:25 am https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... ndustries/

Nikki ejects from Boeing board over bailouts.
Good for her. Fuck those bailouts. Fuck Bush and Obama and now Trump for doing that shit. You find a way or you're out.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Yep. You use cash to buy back your own stock at the top of the market and you should face the consequences.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

If you take a government bailout, you shouldn't be allowed to buy back your own stock for at least 20 years. There are a bunch of companies who don't really grow in size, they grow their earnings per share by reducing the number of shares.

From 2015-2019, Delta Airlines had net income increase of 5%. Roughly 1.3% growth per year which is the rate of inflation.
Their earning PER SHARE increased 6.5%.
Their total liabilities increased 8% per year.

Now we have to bail them out?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I would add that any company getting bailout money better not have executives getting million dollar bonuses.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

It takes 1-2 months for an act to be considered automatic or for your actions to change without you thinking about it. If places are closed for 2 months (which they are saying is very likely), society could be different on the other side.

I know a guy (my wife and his wife are friends) who is the founder of a local church group and is their head minister. They have multiple churches each with major rent or mortgage. If churches are shut down for 2 months, they may be closed when we come out the other side.

I have a tax client who is a musician and he called - I'm doing his taxes for free because 3 weeks into it - he's already out of cash. All concerts cancelled for the next 3 months (he had deposits down which are likely lost) and he's not sure they'll get going again in 3 months. He said the concert halls aren't going to make it either without anyone being there for 3+ months.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

beagleboy wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:39 pm It takes 1-2 months for an act to be considered automatic or for your actions to change without you thinking about it. If places are closed for 2 months (which they are saying is very likely), society could be different on the other side.

I know a guy (my wife and his wife are friends) who is the founder of a local church group and is their head minister. They have multiple churches each with major rent or mortgage. If churches are shut down for 2 months, they may be closed when we come out the other side.

I have a tax client who is a musician and he called - I'm doing his taxes for free because 3 weeks into it - he's already out of cash. All concerts cancelled for the next 3 months (he had deposits down which are likely lost) and he's not sure they'll get going again in 3 months. He said the concert halls aren't going to make it either without anyone being there for 3+ months.
I've been thinking about this as well. Taxes will be differnet next year. A lot more EIC. More losses on business returns. A lot of schedule D capital losses. Not to mention all the refinancing of mortgages with the low rates.