Well... shit! Ask a person with Coronavirus anything.

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Well... shit! Ask a person with Coronavirus anything.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

We just found out my wife has the Corona plague. We're now on a 14 day lockdown.

Anyone know any good movies? ☹
Last edited by Reservoir Dog on Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Well..... shit!

Post by Animal »

Did Trump give it to her/you?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Watch Fatal Attractions just for the Ann Archer scenes. She does NOT get enough play.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Well good job. You just fucked Canada.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:33 pm Well good job. You just fucked Canada.
If I'm going down I'm taking everyone with me! :twisted:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Nero
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Nero »

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

The Outsider on HBO is good. Whitechapel on Netflix is also good. Both are series so they take up some time.
wut?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

"Trump literally sneezed coronavirus onto my face. I still support him. Anybody else?"
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

If you have HBO GO McMillion$ is fun
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:27 pm We just found out my wife has the Corona plague. We're now on a 14 day lockdown.

Anyone know any good movies? ☹
How old is she? Does she own a record player?
I blame Biker.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Speaking of Canada. I wonder what will happen when all these old snowbirds start heading back to KWEEBECK.
I blame Biker.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I wouldn't sweat it too much. Canada has, what? 60-70 total people tops. You should be fine.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

If this story is not bullshit, then I am really interested in updates and the day to day.

First, how did she find out for sure that she had it? If she got tested, why did she think she needed to?
Where does she think she got it?
How certain do you feel that you will also get it if you live with her?
Describe her symptoms since she got it up until now. thanks.

And change the title of this thread to "Ask a person with Coronavirus anything". Thanks again.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

90% chance you shrug it off, and if you do need oxygen support there are beds available. Plus you'll be free to roam the deserted streets when you recover. I say nice timing.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:27 pm If this story is not bullshit, then I am really interested in updates and the day to day.

First, how did she find out for sure that she had it? If she got tested, why did she think she needed to?
She had the sniffles on Sunday but no other symptoms. She figured it was her allergies and took an antihistamine. Then she woke up yesterday morning feeling like shit. Runny nose, cough, sore throat, (but no fever). We called the doctors office as soon as it opened and they told her to come in. (they actually brought her in through the back door...lol). The doc gave her the once over, took blood and swabs. He wrote a couple of prescriptions and told her to go straight home and stay there. My wife is prone to colds, she gets 2 or 3 a year, so at this point we were just going through the appropriate steps. The doc's office called this morning and said she has it. They told us to lockdown for 14 days and to call if it gets worse.
No idea where she got it from.
Our son is here from Toronto so he's now stuck here for 14 days with us. Also, our daughter and two of our grandkids were running around here for most of the weekend. They're at home now self-containing waiting to see if any symptoms show up.
As of right now neither me or our son are showing any symptoms what-so-ever.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:47 pm
Flumper wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:27 pm If this story is not bullshit, then I am really interested in updates and the day to day.

She had the sniffles on Sunday but no other symptoms. She figured it was her allergies and took an antihistamine. Then she woke up yesterday morning feeling like shit. Runny nose, cough, sore throat, (but no fever). We called the doctors office as soon as it opened and they told her to come in. (they actually brought her in through the back door...lol). The doc gave her the once over, took blood and swabs. He wrote a couple of prescriptions and told her to go straight home and stay there. My wife is prone to colds, she gets 2 or 3 a year, so at this point we were just going through the appropriate steps. The doc's office called this morning and said she has it. They told us to lockdown for 14 days and to call if it gets worse.
Our son is here from Toronto so he's now stuck here for 14 days with us. Also, our daughter and two of our grandkids were running around here for most of the weekend. They're at home now self-containing waiting to see if any symptoms show up.
Well, I hate you are going through this, but its nice to have someone to get first hand information. As easy as the reports are that this stuff transmits from person to person, the odds that you get it seem super freaking high. Have they given you any advice other than washing your hands and distance?
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

Good luck and I hope she recovers soon
MalcoveMagnesia
Forum Irregular

Post by MalcoveMagnesia »

when the virus runs its course in 14 days, does that mean wife is immune for the rest of the season or can it come back again?

As far as movie recommendations: I heard this movie was pretty accurate; I don't know how it ends... hopefully everybody doesn't die.

Last edited by MalcoveMagnesia on Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:02 pm

Well, I hate you are going through this, but its nice to have someone to get first hand information. As easy as the reports are that this stuff transmits from person to person, the odds that you get it seem super freaking high. Have they given you any advice other than washing your hands and distance?
Yeah, we got the whole speel. Wash your hands, stay 2 meters apart, wipe down the door knobs, boil our cutlery......
But honestly, at this point I think preventive measures are probably moot. The rest of us are probably already infected.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

MalcoveMagnesia wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:17 pm when the virus runs its course in 14 days, does that mean wife is immune for the rest of the season or can it come back again?
I have no idea. But I'm going to ask about that now.
Thanks!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:20 pm
MalcoveMagnesia wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:17 pm when the virus runs its course in 14 days, does that mean wife is immune for the rest of the season or can it come back again?
I have no idea. But I'm going to ask about that now.
Thanks!
I doubt they will use the word "immune" but I think he chances of getting it again this season are pretty low. I hear one of the treatments they are using in places is to give sick people blood plasma transplants from people that had the virus and are now cured. They say their blood plasma has antibodies in it that they think can fight the infection better than what the sick people have.

You seldom hear of people that get the flu twice in one season.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

For your wife, this is day 3.

Day 1 was the sniffles and not much of a concern.
Day 2 was runny nose, cough, sore throat, and no fever. But feeling like shit and she went in for test.
Day 3 the doctor called to confirm the test results were positive. how does she feel today? fever?
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

RD, take care of yourself, seriously. I wonder if second hand exposure will help you build up antibodies.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:31 pm For your wife, this is day 3.

Day 1 was the sniffles and not much of a concern.
Day 2 was runny nose, cough, sore throat, and no fever. But feeling like shit and she went in for test.
Day 3 the doctor called to confirm the test results were positive. how does she feel today? fever?
It could be day 4. Thinking back she may have been sniffling on Saturday as well. But, I could be wrong.