Kenny Rogers Done Died

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Kenny Rogers Done Died

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Country music legend dies at 81. He did not die from the plague. RIP

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Re: Kenny Rogers Done Died

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Here's some shots w/Dolly & his goofy kids.
RIP

Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

He finally folded 'em.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

There's a Houston born fellow who made good for himself! Grew up on one of the town's worst housing blocks, had money to burn when he died.

I like how he said he regretted his plastic surgery. He was just looking to tidy up a few wrinkles, the surgeon went overboard. He started doing in part because of Dolly's face work, which wasn't bad at first. But once he started down it, there was the maintenance, he realized it and just quit. He was sorry he ever started that whole nonsense. He was a decent looking fellow before all that.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

The world is going to shit.
He knew it was time to fold.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:00 pm There's a Houston born fellow who made good for himself! Grew up on one of the town's worst housing blocks, had money to burn when he died.

I like how he said he regretted his plastic surgery. He was just looking to tidy up a few wrinkles, the surgeon went overboard. He started doing in part because of Dolly's face work, which wasn't bad at first. But once he started down it, there was the maintenance, he realized it and just quit. He was sorry he ever started that whole nonsense. He was a decent looking fellow before all that.
Guys are starting to go down that trap the ladies go down trying to be eternally youthful, instead of aging "gracefully."

Particularly annoying to me are folks selling "manscaping" products, pushing a warped sense of "required" beauty, but on men now.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

FSchmertz wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:22 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:00 pm There's a Houston born fellow who made good for himself! Grew up on one of the town's worst housing blocks, had money to burn when he died.

Guys are starting to go down that trap the ladies go down trying to be eternally youthful, instead of aging "gracefully."

Particularly annoying to me are folks selling "manscapingre" products, pushing a warped sense of "required" beauty, but on men now.
Thanks for the update Forest Fred
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

papergc,500x,w,f8f8f8-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg
wut?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:18 pm Here's some shots w/Dolly & his goofy kids.
RIP

Daughter looks drillable.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:17 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:18 pm Here's some shots w/Dolly & his goofy kids.
RIP

Pretty sure that's his last wife in the pic with their twin sons.

RIP!
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Burn1dwn wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:53 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:17 pm
RIP

Pretty sure that's his last wife in the pic with their twin sons.

RIP!
You are correct. Her name is Wanda Rogers, his last wife. She's a lot younger then Kenny so that's where I got confused. Here they are together with their whole family, I think. The twins are Wanda's kids, and I guess the other ones are from different marriages.

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

where'd the kids get the fat gene?
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Flumper wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:15 pm where'd the kids get the fat gene?
His older son looks like he might have been heavy when younger. Maybe they will grow out of it?
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

I don't remember all the details,just going by memory of long ago....Does anyone remember he had the Kenny Rogers roasters chicken restaurants and was spokesman for minute maid or orange juice and was married at that time. Then his wife found a telephone answering machine that she didn't know he had and when she listened to the messages they were sex stuff that he'd been talking to their housekeeper. (or something like that) So the wife went public with it and divorced him,the orange juice people fired him and all the restaurants went out of business (in the states). I went to the phillipinnes a few years after that about 1995 and they couldn't build those restaurants fast enough,and somehow no one there knew of the answering machine sex messages scandal. The song for the restaurant was "Kenny Roger's roasters it's the wood that makes it good" because the chickens were cooked on a rotisserie over flames from wood.
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

jsdspif wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:38 am I don't remember all the details,just going by memory of long ago....Does anyone remember he had the Kenny Rogers roasters chicken restaurants and was spokesman for minute maid or orange juice and was married at that time. Then his wife found a telephone answering machine that she didn't know he had and when she listened to the messages they were sex stuff that he'd been talking to their housekeeper. (or something like that) So the wife went public with it and divorced him,the orange juice people fired him and all the restaurants went out of business (in the states). I went to the phillipinnes a few years after that about 1995 and they couldn't build those restaurants fast enough,and somehow no one there knew of the answering machine sex messages scandal. The song for the restaurant was "Kenny Roger's roasters it's the wood that makes it good" because the chickens were cooked on a rotisserie over flames from wood.
I don't recall all the sex tape stuff, but there were definitely restaurants.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Rogers_Roasters

Even made Seinfeld https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chicken_Roaster
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

One was close to my home in Toronto Canada. I went and it was good but had no chance to dethrone Swiss Chalet.

If your fearless idiot doesn't kill you all, you should come up and try some.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady

Post by QillerDaemon »

Flumper wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:15 pm where'd the kids get the fat gene?
Kenny himself was something of a chonker when he was young. Look for his appearances back in the 60's, he was shaped almost like a linebacker.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

BigRedRetard wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:20 pm
He set up a 1-800 number for phone sex.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... areer.html
And I didn't think he could be any cooler.
s.murph
Some Old Dead Fuck

Post by s.murph »

I believe he was married to Barbie Benton, a Playboy bunnie when they bought an $8million home in California. That was back in the 80's.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:51 pm One was close to my home in Toronto Canada. I went and it was good but had no chance to dethrone Swiss Chalet.

If your fearless idiot doesn't kill you all, you should come up and try some.
You didn't hear? We replaced him with a better man in 2016.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
nerd_alert

Post by nerd_alert »

s.murph wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:00 pm I believe he was married to Barbie Benton, a Playboy bunnie when they bought an $8million home in California. That was back in the 80's.
From Wikipedia:

Marriages
Rogers was married five times and had five children. His first marriage was to Janice Gordon on May 15, 1958; they divorced in April 1960 with one child, Carole Lynne.[45] He married his second wife, Jean, in October 1960 and divorced her in 1963. His third marriage was to Margo Anderson in October 1964; they divorced in 1976 with one child.[46] He married his fourth wife Marianne Gordon on October 1, 1977, and they divorced in 1993 with one child.[46] His' fifth marriage was to Wanda Miller on June 1, 1997. They had twin sons and were married for 22 years until his death.[47]

Barbie has been married to the same guy since 1979
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

s.murph wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:00 pm I believe he was married to Barbie Benton, a Playboy bunnie when they bought an $8million home in California. That was back in the 80's.
Hear that? Dumb ass, read below.
nerd_alert wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:10 am
From Wikipedia:

Marriages
Rogers was married five times and had five children. His first marriage was to Janice Gordon on May 15, 1958; they divorced in April 1960 with one child, Carole Lynne.[45] He married his second wife, Jean, in October 1960 and divorced her in 1963. His third marriage was to Margo Anderson in October 1964; they divorced in 1976 with one child.[46] He married his fourth wife Marianne Gordon on October 1, 1977, and they divorced in 1993 with one child.[46] His' fifth marriage was to Wanda Miller on June 1, 1997. They had twin sons and were married for 22 years until his death.[47]

windrunner
Forum God

Post by windrunner »

jsdspif wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:38 am I don't remember all the details,just going by memory of long ago....Does anyone remember he had the Kenny Rogers roasters chicken restaurants and was spokesman for minute maid or orange juice and was married at that time. Then his wife found a telephone answering machine that she didn't know he had and when she listened to the messages they were sex stuff that he'd been talking to their housekeeper. (or something like that) So the wife went public with it and divorced him,the orange juice people fired him and all the restaurants went out of business (in the states). I went to the phillipinnes a few years after that about 1995 and they couldn't build those restaurants fast enough,and somehow no one there knew of the answering machine sex messages scandal. The song for the restaurant was "Kenny Roger's roasters it's the wood that makes it good" because the chickens were cooked on a rotisserie over flames from wood.
I always liked his restaurants. Wondered why they all of a sudden went out of business. They were fairly successful and then one day they were gone.
Last edited by windrunner on Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady

Post by QillerDaemon »

From what I understand, Kenny never denied the sex phone number, but it got out of hand. Kenny always seemed like he was an honest and open guy, didn't really have much to hide. His Roasters chain started having problems in the US after a similar style restaurant sued Kenny's company over the recipes on the menu. The problems continued until the company bought out controlling interest in the competitor, who caused some major financial issues. And then they tried to over-expand and later sold out to a private equity group. By that time, Kenny was mostly in it to license his name. Minnie Pearl also had a chain of fried chicken restaurants that later failed badly.
nerd_alert

Post by nerd_alert »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:26 am
Hear that? Dumb ass, read below.
nerd_alert wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:10 am
From Wikipedia:

Marriages

Give the guy a break. He has enough problems being dead. LOL!