Well... shit! Ask a person with Coronavirus anything.

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Re: Well... shit! Ask a person with Coronavirus anything.

Post by Wut »

Biker wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:21 pm
Flumper wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:17 pm The speed of this spread is mind blowing.
Yeah, thats what we're told. In Italy, there are on average 70k deaths per year, or 5200 per month. 4k are dead from the Chinese virus in two plus months

Everyone who claims to love science and math totally ignore whats going on here
I see you adopted your dear leader's terminology in calling it the Chinese virus. #ballwasher.
wut?
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Flumper wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:31 pm
Biker wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:29 pm
Flumper wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:23 pm
Biker wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:21 pm
Flumper wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:17 pm The speed of this spread is mind blowing.
Yeah, thats what we're told. In Italy, there are on average 70k deaths per year, or 5200 per month. 4k are dead from the Chinese virus in two plus months

Everyone who claims to love science and math totally ignore whats going on here
so, 800 people died yesterday in Italy from the virus (supposedly). Do you have reason to think that's fake news?
No, completely real but thats not really the norm. Northern Italy has some of the oldest populations in all of Europe.
oh. Well, what's going on there is crazy.
Especially since Cuomo just explained that 53+% of the people contracting the virus in NYC are people under 50.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:06 pm
Especially since Cuomo just explained that 53+% of the people contracting the virus in NYC are people under 50.
the number of people contracting the virus being under 50 yo is neither unexpected or surprising at all. Those are the people out shopping, doing business, running errands, going to work, etc. The 80 + yo's aren't so much out wandering around in the public. BUT, the older ones are the ones dying from it and using up most of the ventilators and ICU space.

So, just because people hear "protect the elderly" that has nothing to do with them being the ones out infecting everyone. It has to do with us infecting them.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 pm
Who wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:12 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:24 pm
Blast wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:02 pm Glad to hear from you, what are you doing to help manage the symptoms?
She has the meds they gave her. I keep her drinking fluids (whether she wants to or not). I have a fan and a humidifier running in her room. Cool moist cloths on her forehead and wrists. There's really only so much I can do.
How is the Covid-19 sex?
Feverish.
Sounds hot
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Who wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:24 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 pm
Who wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:12 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:24 pm
Blast wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:02 pm Glad to hear from you, what are you doing to help manage the symptoms?
She has the meds they gave her. I keep her drinking fluids (whether she wants to or not). I have a fan and a humidifier running in her room. Cool moist cloths on her forehead and wrists. There's really only so much I can do.
How is the Covid-19 sex?
Feverish.
Sounds hot
I might have agreed with you Who, except I'm not a desperate old man like you is. Thank God I saved this babe from being a victim from you.

FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Flumper wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:17 pm
Biker wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:09 pm Does 0.08% infected warrant the types of measures Italy is going through?
The problem isn't the numbers right now, its the trend of the numbers right now. These charts are on such an exponential growth rate, that waiting a week can lead to differences that are unimaginable.

Right now it is March 21. That means there have been 3 weeks in the month of march. On the charts now, the data prior to March 1 (really prior to about March 4) doesn't even show up on the chart its so microscopic.

Its really a blessing that we have these "hot spot" areas to wake the rest of us the fuck up to do the things that we are doing right now.

It seems like just 2 or 3 days ago that I heard Cuomo saying "we will never lock down the city, that would throw us into complete chaos. In just a couple of days he has gone from "no way" to doing it. The speed of this spread is mind blowing.
Though the increase in cases can be partly attributed to finally doing some testing.

The numbers are bound to go up now, but not just due to new infections. A lot of people were sick, we just didn't know had bad it was, and really still don't as of now.

P.S. In a month, we could have entirely stopped new infections. But if we don't account for increased testing (I've read articles that it may take months to really have enough tests), data may seem to indicate that new infections are occurring.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:48 pm
The numbers are bound to go up now, but not just due to new infections. A lot of people were sick, we just didn't know had bad it was, and really still don't as of now.

P.S. In a month, we could have entirely stopped new infections. But if we don't account for increased testing (I've read articles that it may take months to really have enough tests), data may seem to indicate that new infections are occurring.
I have said this before, but when you are modeling something the most critical part of gathering good information is how you sample. you have to maintain the same sampling technique, regardless of what it is. It doesn't matter if you only test people who's last name starts with an "R". Or people that live in a house with an address of 1101. Or people that are left handed and scared of heights. As long as you test within that same group, you will get a trend. If you suddenly change the testing method (sampling method) then you can throw the prior data out the window until you can match the trend again.

All of you that were crying for more tests, what difference has it made (other than for more dire headlines)? What have we done different. My county and city were already working from home. The restaurants were already closed. Not one thing has changed now that we have these new test results. The data is fucked up now. The curve looks ridiculous. That's scary to everyone looking at them that doesn't understand how data is gathered.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

Flumper wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:10 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:48 pm

I have said this before, but when you are modeling something the most critical part of gathering good information is how you sample. you have to maintain the same sampling technique, regardless of what it is. It doesn't matter if you only test people who's last name starts with an "R". Or people that live in a house with an address of 1101. Or people that are left handed and scared of heights. As long as you test within that same group, you will get a trend. If you suddenly change the testing method (sampling method) then you can throw the prior data out the window until you can match the trend again.

All of you that were crying for more tests, what difference has it made (other than for more dire headlines)? What have we done different. My county and city were already working from home. The restaurants were already closed. Not one thing has changed now that we have these new test results. The data is fucked up now. The curve looks ridiculous. That's scary to everyone looking at them that doesn't understand how data is gathered.
The data is invaluable in calming the situation and making better decisions. Having a true breakdown of the number of severe cases vs mild, deaths actually from the virus versus deaths from other causes attributed to the virus. Italy, by their own admission, have inflated the numbers by attributing the deaths of anyone who is positive to Corona to the virus wher it was the cause or not. ( https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-heal ... ied-italy/ )

If we as a society do take lessons from this and create a standard international methodology for measuring and data collection in the future then this will be worth the headaches.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:04 pm
Flumper wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:10 pm All of you that were crying for more tests, what difference has it made (other than for more dire headlines)?
Thats where the politics of this come into play. The left desperately wants to tie the lack of testing to Trump.
Yes, but they will never admit it. They will continue to point to all of these stupid reasons for doing it, meanwhile hundreds of thousands of tests are wasted on the 90% hypochondriac population that wants a test and all of the tons of PPE equipment the testing people are wasting that they have to wear to administer these stupid tests. And all for what? headlines?

How far does this country have to go down the toilet before the politics starts becoming less important? I'm sure glad that on Dec 8th, FDR didn't have to hold a press conference where 90% of the questions were asking him why he had his head up his ass.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Early testing would have helped detect and isolate preventing the unchecked spread like we have now. Early testing could have spotted hot spots so resources could have been allocated to isolate and quarantine. It is exactly what agencies like the CDC and Pandemic Response teams were meant to do. Early and extensive testing has helped South Korea control the virus. Our government knew about this easily in early January and I would say it was on the radar in December. Too late now and the usual cock gobblers will make excuses and say nothing could have been done differently but that isn't the case at all
I blame Biker.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Stupid
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:36 pm Early testing would have helped detect and isolate preventing the unchecked spread like we have now. Early testing could have spotted hot spots so resources could have been allocated to isolate and quarantine. It is exactly what agencies like the CDC and Pandemic Response teams were meant to do. Early and extensive testing has helped South Korea control the virus. Our government knew about this easily in early January and I would say it was on the radar in December. Too late now and the usual cock gobblers will make excuses and say nothing could have been done differently but that isn't the case at all
Before you knew where hot spots were, where exactly would you have conducted these tests? what criteria would you use on people that have no symptoms in order to decide who to test? think about how fucking utterly stupid this is.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Biker wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:20 pm
Flumper wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:15 pm
Biker wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:04 pm
Flumper wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:10 pm All of you that were crying for more tests, what difference has it made (other than for more dire headlines)?
Thats where the politics of this come into play. The left desperately wants to tie the lack of testing to Trump.
Yes, but they will never admit it. They will continue to point to all of these stupid reasons for doing it, meanwhile hundreds of thousands of tests are wasted on the 90% hypochondriac population that wants a test and all of the tons of PPE equipment the testing people are wasting that they have to wear to administer these stupid tests. And all for what? headlines?

How far does this country have to go down the toilet before the politics starts becoming less important? I'm sure glad that on Dec 8th, FDR didn't have to hold a press conference where 90% of the questions were asking him why he had his head up his ass.
Shameful media still slamming Donald Trump during coronavirus crisis: Goodwin

The coronavirus epidemic is shaking humanity and turning the world upside down. Quick, somebody alert the media.

The Washington press corps is covering one of the largest, continuing stories in recent history the same way it has covered the Trump administration since Day One.

The formula is simple: Whatever the president does is not just wrong, it’s borderline evil. Details at 11.

In the real world, events are unfolding at a pace and scale impossible to comprehend. But at too many news outlets, the aim is not to inform. It’s to render the harshest possible judgment on the man journalists love to hate.

Already The New York Times has twice called the White House response “calamitous,” including once in a supposedly straight-news article.

This is beyond shameful. When antagonists like Sen. Chuck Schumer finally are working with Trump and when the Democratic governors of New York and California swap praise with the president over their partnerships, the media ought to take a hint that this time is different and there is no place for biased journalism-as-usual.

Instead, after failing to bring down Trump with Russia, Russia, Russia and impeachment, they’re now putting their chips on the narrative that he’s bungling the public health crisis.

To get there, they’ve had to reverse themselves on a key allegation. For three years the same media told us Trump was a fascist and a budding Hitler, but now his refusal to rule with an iron fist is also cause for condemnation.

Suddenly, the man whose “Authoritarian style is remaking America” (Washington Post), and whose “Authoritarian Ambitions” were exposed by impeachment (New York magazine), foolishly refuses to use the powers of the Oval Office. As usual, other countries are doing it right and America is wrong.

When Trump advised people to stop unnecessary travel and avoid bars, restaurants and groups of more than 10, a Times headline moaned that the “Guidelines Fall Short of the Mandates in Other Countries.”

The Gray Lady’s latest complaints involve the Defense Protection Act, which gives the president the authority to commandeer private industry. But he’s a lousy authoritarian because, as the Times put it Friday, “Trump Resists Pressure to Force Companies to Make Coronavirus Supplies.”

Behind every complaint is a roster of anonymous sources and Obama administration grousers.

Meanwhile, because of its one-track agenda, the media are missing one of the biggest stories — the sense of unity against the epidemic being forged across America.

Even Dem presidential candidates Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders largely slipped out of sight, a welcome sign that they realize now is not the time to try to score political points.............

https://nypost.com/2020/03/21/shameful- ... anOXFJVpg8

Just because a pro trump rag like the NY Post spins media coverage of the failures of trump and his administration doesn't mean its not true. It isn't shameful to report their failure......its just reporting the facts
I blame Biker.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

It's a shame the Governor of New York is able to organize and coordinate a multi faceted approach to fighting this virus......while Donald Trump fights with reporters and lies about Hospital Ships that aren't on the way.... Non approved FDA vaccines that he says are approved......millions of masks on order but wont be ready for a year.....failure after failure
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:43 pm It's a shame the Governor of New York is able to organize and coordinate a multi faceted approach to fighting this virus......while Donald Trump fights with reporters and lies about Hospital Ships that aren't on the way.... Non approved FDA vaccines that he says are approved......millions of masks on order but wont be ready for a year.....failure after failure
is new york that state that has over half of all the cases in the United states?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Who would've thought the largest city in the United States by population would have so many cases in a pandemic?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:00 pm Who would've thought the largest city in the United States by population would have so many cases in a pandemic?
i know, right? half of all the cases in the nation. and with only 2.5% of the population (5.9% of the population if you consider the entire state of NY).

If the state of NY was a country, they would be just under Iran in the number of cases.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Flumper wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:54 pm
Stapes wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:43 pm It's a shame the Governor of New York is able to organize and coordinate a multi faceted approach to fighting this virus......while Donald Trump fights with reporters and lies about Hospital Ships that aren't on the way.... Non approved FDA vaccines that he says are approved......millions of masks on order but wont be ready for a year.....failure after failure
is new york that state that has over half of all the cases in the United states?

The one that is testing the most people? Yes.
I blame Biker.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

BigRedRetard wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:07 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:00 pm Who would've thought the largest city in the United States by population would have so many cases in a pandemic?
Because the people are dirty.
Just as dirty as Jersey people
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Flumper wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:04 pm
i know, right? half of all the cases in the nation. and with only 2.5% of the population (5.9% of the population if you consider the entire state of NY).

If the state of NY was a country, they would be just under Iran in the number of cases.
I'm shocked that Ames, Iowa doesn't have half the nations cases
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:16 pm

Me, too. Or the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex, which has a population almost identical to NY City. Dallas/FW has about 130 cases. Boy, that governor of NY sure has the secret.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

BigRedRetard wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:22 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:15 pm
BigRedRetard wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:07 pm
Because the people are dirty.
Just as dirty as Jersey people
New Jersey is the most populated state per capita yet we only have a fraction of the cases NY has. We are much cleaner.
Here's a list of # of cases by state that Kwebber sent over yesterday:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Flumper wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:22 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:16 pm

Me, too. Or the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex, which has a population almost identical to NY City. Dallas/FW has about 130 cases. Boy, that governor of NY sure has the secret.
Ah yes, Dallas, Texas. The Gateway to North America.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 164744.htm

Hey RD, looks like it's usually a 5 day incubation period on this stuff. How's your kid doing? Any signs?
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.