Life's tough decisions

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

WestTexasCrude

Re: Life's tough decisions

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Wut wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:03 pm Sorry to hear it, WTC, I've been there and I know how tough it is.

In a past thread about someone passing, someone suggested that a little history be shared, so when you feel up to it, tell us a little about your dad.
Thanks, wut, I will. Pretty amazing story and started to compose but can't right now. Maybe tomorrow.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

What I can't get my head around is he was laughing, living being not over 24 hours ago and now dead. This is going to be hard for me to overcome. Most humane, polite, conscious, dedicated person I've ever met in my life.I'm devastated.
Last edited by WestTexasCrude on Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WarmBidetWater
Forum God

Post by WarmBidetWater »

Best wishes...
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:35 pm And Boom- dead 32 hours after he reported his problems at the local hospital.
Sorry to hear this, buddy. I do know how you feel, similar happened with my dad, but from a different cause. You really want to know the why, and there usually isn't one. Shit just happens, it's just more personal when it's your beloved family.

On a lighter note, at least he won't have to suffer COVID-19 like the rest of us will... :cry:
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

My condolences.

I hope his passing was pain free.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:08 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:35 pm And Boom- dead 32 hours after he reported his problems at the local hospital.
Sorry to hear this, buddy. I do know how you feel, similar happened with my dad, but from a different cause. You really want to know the why, and there usually isn't one. Shit just happens, it's just more personal when it's your beloved family.

On a lighter note, at least he won't have to suffer COVID-19 like the rest of us will... :cry:
Just the facts of life going back to early human history. Rejoice at the birth of children, mourn at the death of your parents. Been going on forever but damn this is a gut puncher.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Bummer. Condolences.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

My sister from Houston and brother from OKC are approaching San Angelo to spend the night and view the body and make funeral arrangements tomorrow. I'm staying here. I saw my Mom die in front on my eyes 11 years ago. They can be pissed all they want, I have no interest in seeing my fathers corpse. I can't do it. Impossible. Not happening.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:01 am My sister from Houston and brother from OKC are approaching San Angelo to spend the night and view the body and make funeral arrangements tomorrow. I'm staying here. I saw my Mom die in front on my eyes 11 years ago. They can be pissed all they want, I have no interest in seeing my fathers corpse. I can't do it. Impossible. Not happening.
That makes sense WTC, I saw my father die gasping his last breath of air 8 years ago. You don't need to see it, he's already dead. I'm sure you have better ways of showing your condolences. I don't know about you but I have it in my Will that when I die I will get cremated and so will my wife. Why waste precious land with burial plots, who's supposed to take care of it forever? Cremation is a much more efficient way.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Is it too soon to talk about record players?
I blame Biker.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

That's a little Jersey gallows humor WTC. Sorry about your Dad. I lost mine last year to cancer. Sat next to his bed his last 2 weeks. He barely knew who I was.
I blame Biker.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:09 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:01 am My sister from Houston and brother from OKC are approaching San Angelo to spend the night and view the body and make funeral arrangements tomorrow. I'm staying here. I saw my Mom die in front on my eyes 11 years ago. They can be pissed all they want, I have no interest in seeing my fathers corpse. I can't do it. Impossible. Not happening.
That makes sense WTC, I saw my father die gasping his last breath of air 8 years ago. You don't need to see it, he's already dead. I'm sure you have better ways of showing your condolences. I don't know about you but I have it in my Will that when I die I will get cremated and so will my wife. Why waste precious land with burial plots, who's supposed to take care of it forever? Cremation is a much more efficient way.
What's really bad is what would be thousands showing for his funeral (I'm not kidding) won't happen because of the virus BS. Dump his body in the ground with family members present.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Damn. My sympathies to you and your family.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:24 am
What's really bad is what would be thousands showing for his funeral (I'm not kidding) won't happen because of the virus BS. Dump his body in the ground with family members.
You could easily write an awesome obituary & even record a video of your speech to share for those online and in the paper for those who can't attend. That would achieve the same results in that people could hear what kind of man your father was even though they couldn't attend his funeral. I have to say, my sister did a pretty good job at my father's funeral and let people know what kind of man he was. I think you can do the same with your father.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:28 am
What's really bad is what would be thousands showing for his funeral (I'm not kidding) won't happen because of the virus BS. Dump his body in the ground with family members.
You could easily write an awesome obituary & even record a video of your speech to share for those online and in the paper for those who can't attend. That would achieve the same results in that people could hear what kind of man your father was even though they couldn't attend his funeral. I have to say, my sister did a pretty good job at my father's funeral and let people know what kind of man he was. I think you can do the same with your father.
Wut mentioned earlier to give an overview of his life. I tried to but not possible tonight, I"ll try tomorrow.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:39 am
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:28 am
Wut mentioned earlier to give an overview of his life. I tried to but not possible tonight, I"ll try tomorrow.
Yes, Wut gave you a good suggestion IMO. You still have time. For now I humbly suggest that you get some sleep bro. You've been through a lot. Peace out.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Stapes wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:14 am That's a little Jersey gallows humor WTC. Sorry about your Dad. I lost mine last year to cancer. Sat next to his bed his last 2 weeks. He barely knew who I was.
I remember you mentioning that, That's rough stuff in life.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

HowieTheHat wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:47 am Wow, this is the first time opening this thread. So sorry about your families loss. As many indicated...it's almost a blessing that it all happened so quick. It has to be better for everyone than to have someone you love linger in pain and agony. My condolences. Myself and my three brothers are going through a lot of shi t now with our aging mother. Watching relatives degenerate into someone you never knew before is tough. Stiff upper lip and move forward as he would want.
Thanks Howie
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:09 am
HowieTheHat wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:47 am Wow, this is the first time opening this thread. So sorry about your families loss. As many indicated...it's almost a blessing that it all happened so quick. It has to be better for everyone than to have someone you love linger in pain and agony. My condolences. Myself and my three brothers are going through a lot of shi t now with our aging mother. Watching relatives degenerate into someone you never knew before is tough. Stiff upper lip and move forward as he would want.
Thanks Howie
Sorry to hear about this WTC, think about the good times you had with your Father.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

CaptQuint wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:54 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:09 am
Thanks Howie
Sorry to hear about this WTC, think about the good times you had with your Father.
Thanks CQ
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

so, i'm not following these events correctly. when he got sick they care flighted him to San Angelo. Then he got worse and they care flighted him to Baylor in Dallas (Plano). I assume that's where he died. so, did they then fly him back to San Angelo? All this was done in less than 48 hours?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Wait?... What?... WTC's dad was Kenny Rogers?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Flumper wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:48 pm
so, i'm not following these events correctly. when he got sick they care flighted him to San Angelo. Then he got worse and they care flighted him to Baylor in Dallas (Plano). I assume that's where he died. so, did they then fly him back to San Angelo? All this was done in less than 48 hours?
Dude's building up some frequent flier miles.
wut?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:48 pm
I was getting my info 2nd hand from my Sister who was getting it from the nursing staff in SA. Latest she had was they had him stabilized, flight inbound. So and so time to arrive in Plano. Turned out the flight surgeons determined he was not stable enough. Died 4 hours later in the same SA hospital.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

BigRedRetard wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:15 pm Condolences brother.
Thanks BRR. Myself, Sister and Brother went to make funeral arrangements this morning. With this coronavirus, only limited private burial next Friday. Memorial service for everybody when this all ends. He moved in with me 17 years ago so I could take care of him. We were great living together, but I (and I'm sure him) enjoyed when the other left for a few days, weeks so you could have some private time. Getting back from the arrangement this morning was a gut punch for me. Never coming back. Even our cat knows something happened. I'm barely sleeping.