Looked at your 401k lately?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Re: Looked at your 401k lately?

Post by Stapes »

Don't you know that making money writing books and giving speeches after you leave the Presidency is exactly the same as grifting the taxpayers while you're a sitting president????
I blame Biker.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Smok44 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:00 pm The Texas Tard knows this the same way he knew 2 weeks ago that the media wouldn't give 60 seconds an hour on the corona virus :roll:

He makes a fool of himself with every post

Quoted for when you lie this summer that you never said this, like you always do
WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:56 pm
Flumper wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:48 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:38 pm Just a guess on my part. Investors over the weekend wondering what all the jitters are about over 2,200 cases- more people probably died in auto accidents last week. Dow up 2,000 (almost 10%) Friday. I expect a huge surge Monday. Back up near record highs by Summer. Just my guess-what do I know.
You know absolutely nothing at all if you think it will be near record highs (30,000) by this summer. that might be the most ridiculous prediction I have ever heard.
And you know this how? I'm not the idiot in panic mode the last 2 weeks bailing the market and shifting most everything into Gold only to come sheepishly back by Summer. Let me state this again. 2,200 cases fueled by the Liberal media barrage and you fell for it hook, line, sinker. And this makes you an investment guru how?
Dow Closes Below 20,000 for First Time in 3 Years

https://www.investing.com/news/stock-ma ... rs-2114615
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

CaptQuint wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:35 pm The Dow may have lost all of its gains BUT Trump's profits continue to soar during his grifter presidency.
But I didn't Quint. 8-)I ditched the market right before it went down. Now I'm hoping (like you) that it goes even lower. I'll only make even more money when I put it back in when it's about to pop back up. I still can't figure out how these dumb fucks left their money in when it was inevitable that the market was gonna crash. FFS, this time it was the easiest to figure that out you dumb asses. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess you stupid fucks were listening to WTC and Biker. Oh wait, Biker is a simple day trader that laughs at hard working people. Meanwhile, my wife is working in clinical trials to try to find a cure for this virus, and yes Biker she's El Salvadorian, god bless her and not you Biker.

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:27 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:35 pm The Dow may have lost all of its gains BUT Trump's profits continue to soar during his grifter presidency.
But I didn't Quint. 8-)I ditched the market right before it went down. Now I'm hoping (like you) that it goes even lower. I'll only make even more money when I put it back in when it's about to pop back up. I still can't figure out how these dumb fucks left their money in when it was inevitable that the market was gonna crash. FFS, this time it was the easiest to figure that out you dumb asses. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess you stupid fucks were listening to WTC and Biker. Oh wait, Biker is a simple day trader that laughs at hard working people. Meanwhile, my wife is working in clinical trials to try to find a cure for this virus, and yes Biker she's El Salvadorian, god bless her and not you Biker.

Wow, your wife is like Superman or McGyver.
wut?
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Wut wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:30 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:27 pm

Wow, your wife is like Superman or McGyver.
Thank you. Yeah, it's something like that, exactly the opposite of that loser Biker who likes to be racist and talk ignorant shit. Good luck with your day trading Biker.

Wut, keep up your good work and I wish you and your family the best to get through this crisis.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:27 pm Meanwhile, my wife is working in clinical trials to try to find a cure for this virus
Cleaning the toilets in the lab washroom?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:34 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:27 pm Meanwhile, my wife is working in clinical trials to try to find a cure for this virus
No, I'm not going to make the obvious joke, not gonna do it.
wut?
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:34 pm
Another bitch ass sad racist on this board. :roll:

Fuck you you scrawny cigarette smoking bitch and the horse you rode in on.

Why don't you also put down EV, who is part Latino and has a half black kid?

Srsly, you suck RD, so STFU and fuck off.
kwebber
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by kwebber »

This is exactly why I threw some money in a 1 year term deposit last year, rather than throw it into a mutual fund. I was nervous that the market might take a shit. I never expected anything like this, but I will take my small 2% profit, when it matures next month, and then throw it into an index fund. Hopefully I don't miss the bounce back.
Currently AFK.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

kwebber wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:30 am This is exactly why I threw some money in a 1 year term deposit last year, rather than throw it into a mutual fund. I was nervous that the market might take a shit. I never expected anything like this, but I will take my small 2% profit, when it matures next month, and then throw it into an index fund. Hopefully I don't miss the bounce back.
Vanguard has the best index funds. Very low cost (what they charge you), very well proven over time, and easy to purchase. But you might already know that.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:46 pm Now would be a good time to swing Domino's Papa Johns, GrubHub, and any other restaurant that has strong delivery and take out options
have you heard of any internet troll jobs to get people to start making a run on the banks?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:49 pm
Flumper wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:06 pm
Biker wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:46 pm Now would be a good time to swing Domino's Papa Johns, GrubHub, and any other restaurant that has strong delivery and take out options
have you heard of any internet troll jobs to get people to start making a run on the banks?
There's always troll jobs going on. Check out stocktwits.com and see them there all out in their glory.
well, if the russians really wanted to fuck us over right now, they would target their bots to strike a fear in everyone to drain the banks.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

I see this as an opportunity to put as much as I can into my SEP IRA the next few years.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

I blame Biker.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Here's the summary of the week pertaining to the stock market:
Final bell on Wall Street: New York Stock Exchange trading floor closes indefinitely due to coronavirus as Dow plunges 913 points and erases the gains of Trump's presidency in worst week for stocks in three decades

-U.S. stock indexes closed down sharply on Friday after erasing early gains
-Friday was the last day of live trading on NYSE before trades move all online
-Dow closed below the level of Trump's inauguration day for the first time
-New York implemented strict new measures restricting non-essential workers
-Trump also ordered the border with Mexico closed to all non-essential traffic
-Stocks are down more than 30% from their record highs just last month

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... gains.html

Yay?
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Well, shoot me. In total I've lost just over $125,000 since mid February.
So I'm just gonna quit looking. Maybe I'll log in in a few months... :|
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:00 pm Well, shoot me. In total I've lost just over $125,000 since mid February.
honestly, it sort of baffles me why we aren't hearing about some kind of suicide epidemic. All of these things going wrong at the same time. Some related and some completely unrelated (oil prices plunging).
DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by DiverTexas »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:00 pm Well, shoot me. In total I've lost just over $125,000 since mid February.
You haven't really lost anything, unless you've sold.
You may be down 125K, but the market will rebound once all this craziness stops.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

DiverTexas wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:12 pm
You may be down 125K, but the market will rebound once all this craziness stops.
Having now been through the dot.com bust, 9-11, and the great recession, I realize I need to stay the course and continue to invest. I'll come out the other side okay.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Well, yea, that's the attitude I try to keep in mind. But I'm hopefully eight years to my retirement (hopefully!), and that number needs to be a lot bigger to have any real hope. So it better recover, because once I'm done working, I'm done with being a wage slave to some corporate pith master. I'll do some independent contractor, maybe, something for beer and mandolin strings money. The young bucks around here have time to see their retirement accounts recover and rebound in twenty or twenty five years. I don't. And I'm not about to be a Walmart greeter.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

QillerDaemon wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:43 pm
Well, yea, that's the attitude I try to keep in mind. But I'm hopefully eight years to my retirement (hopefully!), and that number needs to be a lot bigger to have any real hope. So it better recover, because once I'm done working, I'm done with being a wage slave to some corporate pith master. I'll do some independent contractor, maybe, something for beer and mandolin strings money. The young bucks around here have time to see their retirement accounts recover and rebound in twenty or twenty five years. I don't. And I'm not about to be a Walmart greeter.
i would think of it like this. when this is over, it will rebound and within a short time (year or so) you should see around half of that money come back. Eventually, the rest will, but meanwhile, you will find that things are going to be cheaper and a lot of that will offset the difference.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:51 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:43 pm
i would think of it like this. when this is over, it will rebound and within a short time (year or so) you should see around half of that money come back. Eventually, the rest will, but meanwhile, you will find that things are going to be cheaper and a lot of that will offset the difference.
Also as he gets within 4-5 years of planned retirement, more of the money should be in safer equities.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

I just looked at mine with Fidelity. From Jan 31, 2020 to just now I lost less than 2%
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Antknot wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:59 pm I just looked at mine with Fidelity. From Jan 31, 2020 to just now I lost less than 2%
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sure, dude. Sure.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:02 pm
Antknot wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:59 pm I just looked at mine with Fidelity. From Jan 31, 2020 to just now I lost less than 2%
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sure, dude. Sure.
he only had 2 stocks. forehead thermometer imalgumated and n95 mask llc. i think they both trade on the nasdaq