Solve a problem for me.

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: Solve a problem for me.

Post by CaptQuint »

Probably a bigger social faux pas to sneeze In someone’s house than to fart
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

CaptQuint wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:54 am Probably a bigger social faux pas to sneeze In someone’s house than to fart
I will fart where and when I fucking please.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

allwhitemeat wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:44 am
Flumper wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:21 pm What time do the smarter people log on?
The only thing to do is make everyone wear n95 masks if you have them. It's a respiratory virus. Everyone wear a mask. Sanitize their hands when before they get in the car. And spray Lysol on all surfaces they came into contaxt with until saturated. Has to stay wet for at least 60 seconds allow to air dry. Gloves are useless, you don't shed through your hands. Your hands are just the tools you use to interact with the world, so you spread the germs using them. Think of it like having greasy hands. Make them clean the greaseoff their hands before they spread it everywhere.

Crack the windows so you don't sit there rebreathing everyone's air but don't roll it all the way down so it's potentially forcefully blowing air around the edges of the mask.

If you are REALLY paranoid wrap your seats in old sheets and wash them daily in hot water. But really, the breathing masks are all you can do. If anyone is sick, it will stay within their mask. You can still absorb it through your eyes (mucus membrane) so the idea is to trap the airborne particulate before it gets in the air.

Personally, I'd make everyone wear a mask and then put a pillow case over their head. Black pillowcases. You'll get the social distancing you want from the rest of the public, maybe not the police. But they'll understand once you explain
have you tried to buy an N-95 mask? If you have a source, let me know.
allwhitemeat
Forum Irregular

Post by allwhitemeat »

I have a three pack I bought last year when I was going to clean the garage. Lots of mice and their feces and urine dust can give you a lethal flu like illness.

Saving those, just in case. There's only 3 of us here. Me and my two kids.

Got a sewing machine? Some thick pure cotton fabric and elastic string. Make some. Doctors offices in our area are requesting them and giving links to sewing patterns and instructions. Basically it's just a double layer of thick cotton, 4x7. Elastic straps sewn in and then 3 crimps along the edge to help it stay snug.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes"
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

allwhitemeat wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:58 pm I have a three pack I bought last year when I was going to clean the garage. Lots of mice and their feces and urine dust can give you a lethal flu like illness.

Got a sewing machine? Some thick pure cotton fabric and elastic string. Make some. Doctors offices in our area are requesting them and giving links to sewing patterns and instructions. Basically it's just a double layer of thick cotton, 4x7. Elastic straps sewn in and then 3 crimps along the edge to help it stay snug.
believe me, I have looked into how to DIY. But, no, surprisingly I don't have sewing machine. will a welder or miter saw work?
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Flumper wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:13 pm
allwhitemeat wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:58 pm I have a three pack I bought last year when I was going to clean the garage. Lots of mice and their feces and urine dust can give you a lethal flu like illness.

believe me, I have looked into how to DIY. But, no, surprisingly I don't have sewing machine. will a welder or miter saw work?
RD has nothing better to do. Maybe if you ask him nicely...
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

megman wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:16 pm RD has nothing better to do. Maybe if you ask him nicely...
as if he would stop all that baking to do that? pffft.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:17 pm
megman wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:16 pm RD has nothing better to do. Maybe if you ask him nicely...
as if he would stop all that baking to do that? pffft.
Quiet down or my souffle will flop!
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

BigRedRetard wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:45 am Image
My brother had one of those. Seats in back were ok on good roads as pain on rough ones. Took it to the drive in once parked backwards had a cooler of beer. Don't remember the movie.
Hyperv12
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Hyperv12 »

No.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Smok44 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:30 pm So how'd you get your workers to the job this morning?
He fired them all and then applied for a stimulus package.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Smok44 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:30 pm So how'd you get your workers to the job this morning?
All crews drove themselves this morning except the biggest one (which is the one I'm most worried about). That other bigger crew was rained out, so I get a one day reprieve and some more heads to put toward solving this.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

so............... talking to some people that know a thing or two (I hope), they have told me that if I get an instant read thermometer (forehead type) and check each person that travels in a vehicle to make sure they don't have a temperature (problem is, no one can tell me what the definition of a problem temperature is). And, then as a backup precaution they told me to have them wear a mask (which is impossible because there are none). So they told me to have them wear a bandana or something over their face.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:23 pm so............... talking to some people that know a thing or two (I hope), they have told me that if I get an instant read thermometer (forehead type) and check each person that travels in a vehicle to make sure they don't have a temperature (problem is, no one can tell me what the definition of a problem temperature is). And, then as a backup precaution they told me to have them wear a mask (which is impossible because there are none). So they told me to have them wear a bandana or something over their face.
I've been seeing employers send home any employee with a 99 degree temp and above, you also have to clean the thermometer between foreheads. Bandana can't hurt. If someone sneezes I think you are allowed to run the over with a pickup truck. Hope this helps.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:30 pm
Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:23 pm so............... talking to some people that know a thing or two (I hope), they have told me that if I get an instant read thermometer (forehead type) and check each person that travels in a vehicle to make sure they don't have a temperature (problem is, no one can tell me what the definition of a problem temperature is). And, then as a backup precaution they told me to have them wear a mask (which is impossible because there are none). So they told me to have them wear a bandana or something over their face.
I've been seeing employers send home any employee with a 99 degree temp and above, you also have to clean the thermometer between foreheads. Bandana can't hurt. If someone sneezes I think you are allowed to run the over with a pickup truck. Hope this helps.
i have literally read through 15 federal web page sites on temperature checks and not a fucking one of them tells what temperature that people are screened for. they have been screening people at airports with those thermometers for months now. WHAT FUCKING TEMP are you looking for? Holy shit.

Is 99 degrees a good number to use?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

and, fuck. forehead thermometers are sold out everywhere. jesus.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:37 pm and, fuck. forehead thermometers are sold out everywhere. jesus.
I'd use 99 and over. Some people normally read 99 or more but fuck those people
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:42 pm
Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:37 pm and, fuck. forehead thermometers are sold out everywhere. jesus.
since i get to make up my own rules, i think i'll wait and see how good the employee is vs what their temperature is.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:45 pm
since i get to make up my own rules, i think i'll wait and see how good the employee is vs what their temperature is.
You could use a rectal thermometer and test their dedication to their job at the same time.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:52 pm
Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:45 pm
You could use a rectal thermometer and test their dedication to their job at the same time.
Might wind up with a new employee of the month.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:34 pm i have literally read through 15 federal web page sites on temperature checks and not a fucking one of them tells what temperature that people are screened for. they have been screening people at airports with those thermometers for months now. WHAT FUCKING TEMP are you looking for? Holy shit.

Generally, most doctors are not too concerned with a heightened core temperature until it gets over 38°C or 100.4°F. "Normal" body temp is 37°C or 98.6°F. However, this may be wrong, and core temperatures have been dropping, with the average now about 36.6°C or 97.9°F.

Due to my dead thyroid, I run even colder, usually down to 97.4°F, and I can whine like a woman about how chilly the office is. Turns my nipples into diamond cutters.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

QillerDaemon wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:11 pm
Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:34 pm i have literally read through 15 federal web page sites on temperature checks and not a fucking one of them tells what temperature that people are screened for. they have been screening people at airports with those thermometers for months now. WHAT FUCKING TEMP are you looking for? Holy shit.

Generally, most doctors are not too concerned with a heightened core temperature until it gets over 38°C or 100.4°F. "Normal" body temp is 37°C or 98.6°F. However, this may be wrong, and core temperatures have been dropping, with the average now about 36.6°C or 97.9°F.

Due to my dead thyroid, I run even colder, usually down to 97.4°F, and I can whine like a woman about how chilly the office is. Turns my nipples into diamond cutters.
it doesn't seem to matter. there are no thermometers to be found anywhere. even on amazon the quickest delivery is in May. When we will either be dead or laughing about all of this hysteria.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:16 pm it doesn't seem to matter. there are no thermometers to be found anywhere. even on amazon the quickest delivery is in May. When we will either be dead or laughing about all of this hysteria.
Both Lysol and Clorox disinfecting wipes are known to kill the SARS virus, and COVID-19 is also known as SARS-CoV-2, so those wipes are also considered to be effective against the coronavirus. You -could- just use a regular mouth thermometer and wipe it down for a full minute before reusing it another person. Caution: these wipes taste like ass! Nobody's going to like it. But if that's all you have....

Here's a list of all known compounds used in viral disinfecting solutions that are known to be effective against the coronavirus. Check the label for its EPA registration number and compare.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:34 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:30 pm
i have literally read through 15 federal web page sites on temperature checks and not a fucking one of them tells what temperature that people are screened for. they have been screening people at airports with those thermometers for months now. WHAT FUCKING TEMP are you looking for? Holy shit.

What you do is weigh yourself while holding them in your arms, then weigh yourself alone. The difference in weights is how much they weigh.

Happy to help.
wut?
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

QillerDaemon wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:11 pm

I've heard anything 100°F or higher is a concern too. 97-99°F was given as normal range. I knew it fluctuated but I thought "Normal" was a much smaller window. Crazy that it is actually dropping in Humans that significantly.