Mitigation vs Suppression- worth the read

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Mitigation vs Suppression- worth the read

Post by Burn1dwn »

Summary of the article: Strong coronavirus measures today should only last a few weeks, there shouldn’t be a big peak of infections afterwards, and it can all be done for a reasonable cost to society, saving millions of lives along the way. If we don’t take these measures, tens of millions will be infected, many will die, along with anybody else that requires intensive care, because the healthcare system will have collapsed.

Just thought I should share. Explains Herd Immunity and compares and contrasts countries responses to pandemic.

Edit:I thought I posted link but click on picture to read.
WestTexasCrude

Re: Mitigation vs Suppression- worth the read

Post by WestTexasCrude »

no offense but I think the Virus thread is over there >
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:51 am no offense but I think the Virus thread is over there >
Pretty much every thread except your dads (RIP) is about the virus. I thought this is a different angle. Would like to hear your thoughts.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Great read. Thanks.
Its why states are going on lockdown like dominoes now. I'll take a 2-3 week off hammer shot if it means the citizenry and businesses can try to get back to normal easier and quicker.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
windrunner
Forum God

Post by windrunner »

I'm gonna miss all of the hysteria once it passes. I enjoy watching society lose its collective mind over toilet paper and hand sanitizer.