Life's tough decisions

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Re: Life's tough decisions

Post by DiverTexas »

Sincerest condolences.
Sorry for your loss.
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

Sorry for your loss.

I lost my father, my mother and a sister in less than a year’s period. I completely understand you not wanting to see the body. It is better to remember them for what they were instead of what they look like after death.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Evvanrenea wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:49 am
nerd_alert wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:20 am
Evvanrenea wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:07 am I’m really sorry WTC that really is awful especially not being able to grieve properly with everything that’s going on. Just don’t let it beat you up too badly.
Great advice.
Not really advice. Not much advice to be given in that situation. Just letting him know someone cares.
Thanks Evvan, I appreciate it. I was a train wreck this weekend. It was not just the shock, but Friday and Saturday nights I maybe slept 8 hours combined. Slept almost 12 last night and feel tons better. Realize I need to get my shit together. Family coming here in 3 days and I have a Father to bury.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

DiverTexas wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:26 pm Sincerest condolences.
Sorry for your loss.
Thanks DT. That's special coming from you after the way I treated you the last week or 2. I apologize. Seems I've been "mad at the World" forever.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Whackov wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:54 pm Sorry for your loss.

I lost my father, my mother and a sister in less than a year’s period. I completely understand you not wanting to see the body. It is better to remember them for what they were instead of what they look like after death.
Thanks Whackov. Back in my 20's, was at my Grandmother's funeral (Mom side) and they just lifted the casket and showed her body. Tore me up. I just don't understand the point.It's my Sister, Brother and me. I was voted down about having an open casket for my Dad. I will just walk away when it happens. No problem. They say they want the grandkids and great grandkids to see him for the last time. I'm kinda guessing that group doesn't want to see a dead body and the parents are clueless. The whole open casket thing is a relic from before refrigeration when you paid a funeral director tons of money to make the body presentable (embalming) . It was like a show of his talent. Like PeteRoseHaircut said. That grave is not where my Dad is. It's in my memory.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:06 am

Thanks Whackov. Back in my 20's, was at my Grandmother's funeral (Mom side) and they just lifted the casket and showed her body. Tore me up. I just don't understand the point.It's my Sister, Brother and me. I was voted down about having an open casket for my Dad. I will just walk away when it happens. No problem. They say they want the grandkids and great grandkids to see him for the last time. I'm kinda guessing that group doesn't want to see a dead body and the parents are clueless. The whole open casket thing is a relic from before refrigeration when you paid a funeral director tons of money to make the body presentable (embalming) . It was like a show of his talent. Like PeteRoseHaircut said. That grave is not where my Dad is. It's in my memory.
Attending an open casket funeral can be an important life lesson for children and grandchildren. It also helps people obtain a sense of closure.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by DiverTexas »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:56 pm
Sorry for your loss.
Thanks DT. That's special coming from you after the way I treated you the last week or 2. I apologize. Seems I've been "mad at the World" forever.
No problem, completely understood.
I lost Mom a few years ago and then lost Dad 44 days later.
The anger is completely normal.
Just do your best to remember the good times and cherish the time you got to spend together.
Hang in there.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

DiverTexas wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:46 pm
Sorry for your loss.
Just do your best to remember the good times and cherish the time you got to spend together.
Hang in there.
I like you guys from Texas. When the pandemic kills everyone but me in NJ maybe I'll move out to Texas.
HighNDry

Post by HighNDry »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:13 pm I like you guys from Texas. When the pandemic kills everyone but me in NJ maybe I'll move out to Texas.
I bet their fingers are hurting from being crossed so tight.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Texas executes retards
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
HighNDry

Post by HighNDry »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:18 pm Texas executes (almost all) retards
Fixed that. I mean, we have to account for WTC.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

DiverTexas wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:46 pm
Sorry for your loss.
Hang in there.
2 parents/ 2 funerals in 44 days/ Holy Uggh- can't even imagine the emotional gut punch that entails. Holy shit
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:18 pm Texas executes retards
first we take them on a snipe hunt.
HighNDry

Post by HighNDry »

Flumper wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:26 pm
What happens to the winners?
-Mitch Hedberg
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

HighNDry wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:28 pm
They make em Governor
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
HighNDry

Post by HighNDry »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:28 pm
They make em Governor
LOL
-Mitch Hedberg
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

They make em Governor
oh. so you're down to making fun of guys in wheel chairs?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Flumper wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:31 pm
They make em Governor
oh. so you're down to making fun of guys in wheel chairs?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

So, has Texas sent you the brochure about moving down here yet? Our execution chambers are kinda empty. You seem a perfect candidate.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:29 pm
So, has Texas sent you the brochure about moving down here yet? Our execution chambers are kinda empty.
Stay down dummy
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:30 pm
So, has Texas sent you the brochure about moving down here yet? Our execution chambers are kinda empty.
Stay down dummy
I don't even know what this means. You do realize in your masturbation world, instead of random instantaneous replies seconds later. maybe a better strategy is to absorb what you see, spend a couple of minutes contemplating your response and then send. It would save everybody around here tons of your BS. Thanks.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:53 pm
Stay down dummy
I don't even know what this means. You do realize in your masturbation world, instead of random instantaneous replies seconds later. maybe a better strategy is to absorb what you see, spend a couple of minutes contemplating your response and then send. It would save everybody around here tons of your BS. Thanks.
Well I want you to see my response since you only spend a couple of hours on UJ a month.
Whackov

Post by Whackov »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:29 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:06 am

Attending an open casket funeral can be an important life lesson for children and grandchildren. It also helps people obtain a sense of closure.
I watched my dad die and my sister die. My mom went fast. They were all open casket. For my dad, we put an airline size bottle of Jack, one of his favorite cigars and a pack of Camel non-filter in his suit coat. It was a military funeral and we forgot to tell the honor guard two things: 1) that we had put the liquor in pocket and 2) that he had both legs amputated above the knees. They went to lift the casket expecting a normal weight distribution but the casket was very top heavy. The bottle of Jack Daniels went bouncing around the casket. Numerous family members were not pleased with us.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:56 pm
Stay down dummy
Well I want you to see my response since you only spend a couple of hours on UJ a month.
Sends reply less than 2 minutes later. Has no fucking clue.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:04 am
CaptQuint wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:56 pm
Stay down dummy
Sends reply less than 2 minutes later. Has no fucking clue.
OMG It's like you're the only tard that cares about response times :D