Wuhan Coronavirus

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

Post by CaptQuint »

Prince Charles, 71, tests positive for coronavirus. - BBC News

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52033845
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

Imagine how effective Trump would have to be at moving the US Government if it was in great shape preparation wise in 2016 but in 2019 it was in total shit shape. Dude must be a savant.
Last edited by beagleboy on Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

beagleboy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:38 pm Imagine how effective Trump would have to be and moving the US Government if it was in great shape preparation wise in 2016 but in 2019 it was in total shit shape. Dude must be a savant.
You drinking?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:37 am Stanford researchers confirm N95 masks can be sterilized and reused with virtually no loss of filtration efficiency by leaving in oven for 30 mins at 70C / 158F

https://m.box.com/shared_item/https%3A% ... 19-PPE-1-1
why don't stories like this get more news.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Brazil: President Jair Bolsonaro continues to ignore warnings about the coronavirus, as the virus spreads across the country. There are at least 1,980 confirmed cases of the virus in Brazil, with the death toll at 34. Bolsonaro has called the virus “a little flu” and said the pandemic is a “fantasy” and has refused to close non-essential businesses to prevent the spread of the virus. He has also attacked the governors of Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro states for implementing shutdown orders. Brazilians angry over Bolsonaro’s lack of response have been banging pots and pans on their balconies in an act of protest

https://www.ibtimes.com/coronavirus-bra ... es-2945851
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

One solution to the gown problem is going back to fabric and washing. Which is what some hospitals have started.

P.S. Last time I was in a hospital, they were still fabric.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

CaptQuint wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:07 pm Brazil: President Jair Bolsonaro continues to ignore warnings about the coronavirus, as the virus spreads across the country. There are at least 1,980 confirmed cases of the virus in Brazil, with the death toll at 34. Bolsonaro has called the virus “a little flu” and said the pandemic is a “fantasy” and has refused to close non-essential businesses to prevent the spread of the virus. He has also attacked the governors of Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro states for implementing shutdown orders. Brazilians angry over Bolsonaro’s lack of response have been banging pots and pans on their balconies in an act of protest

https://www.ibtimes.com/coronavirus-bra ... es-2945851
He's 65. Got a good chance of learning the hard way.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Biker wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:36 pm
Flumper wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:23 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:37 am Stanford researchers confirm N95 masks can be sterilized and reused with virtually no loss of filtration efficiency by leaving in oven for 30 mins at 70C / 158F

https://m.box.com/shared_item/https%3A% ... 19-PPE-1-1
why don't stories like this get more news.
Because it doesnt fit the media narrative
They can certainly stretch things doing this, but as I mentioned, they still don't last very long (probably a couple of weeks at most)
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:15 pm Because it doesnt fit the media narrativeThey can certainly stretch things doing this, but as I mentioned, they still don't last very long (probably a couple of weeks at most)
Yeah, but holy shit, think about what a little stretching can do in a time like this. There is literally no telling how much PPE is wasted on single use. And I mean used for just a few moments.

Right now I am instructing my guys to wear one glove (nitrile glove) when they pump gas or whatever and only touch things with one hand. If I can just stretch these gloves I have for twice as long that would be a blessing.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

She is starting to look like an old Chinese lady
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:42 pm She is starting to look like an old Chinese lady
i will never understand how women can't tell what face lift (etc) procedures do to fuck up the way they look. They all start to look the same after the lip injections and the stretched faces. Can they not see it in a mirror? Its fucking bizarre.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

So, I was just listening to some numbers last night and if anyone has heard disputing numbers, then please point them out.

If you look at all of the people that take a coronavirus test (which you pretty much have to be showing some kind of symptom to take it)

90% - Right now almost all testing data shows that around 90% of the people taking tests are found NOT to have the virus. So, around 10% (I think it might be closer to 13%) are found to be positive. Don't have it

Now, if you toss out the 90% (who think they are sick and show some kind of symptoms but are found not to be sick with Coronavirus) then....

8% - Out of the remaining 10% (13%), I have heard that 80% of those people will have a "mild" case. Meaning some won't know they have it and the others will just take over the counter stuff and be okay. So, 80% of 10% is 8% of the people. None of these will go to the hospital. Mild case, no hospital

0.8% - Adjusting for Cuomo's new numbers. Now, out of the 2% of the people that are left, 0.8% of them will have a rough case but not go to the hospital. This is RD's wife probably Bad case, but no hospital

0.9% - So, that means the remaining people would go to the hospital. 0.9% of them do not go to iCU. Really bad case, hospital but no ICU

0.17% - Now, these people have it rough. They are in the hopsital, in ICU, and on ventilators. They are really sick but do not die. These are the elderly, the ones with pre-existing conditions, emphysema, etc. Bad case, ICU, respirator, but live

0.13% - die.

Keep in mind that these percentages are not of ALL people. These are percentages of people that thought they were sick and took a test.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Lets take New York for a second. 103,749 total tested. 30,811 tested positive. That is almost 30% not 10.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ca/608413/

Just making the point that these numbers can be manipulated a lot and the data is woefully lacking
I blame Biker.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

FSchmertz wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:12 pm One solution to the gown problem is going back to fabric and washing. Which is what some hospitals have started.

P.S. Last time I was in a hospital, they were still fabric.
I've never seen nothing but fabric up here.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:50 pm Lets take New York for a second. 103,749 total tested. 30,811 tested positive. That is almost 30% not 10.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ca/608413/

Just making the point that these numbers can be manipulated a lot and the data is woefully lacking
I have seen that kind of data as well. But overall that is not what is being found. I thought I heard Cuomo today mention that their results were more in line with the 90% not infected vs 10% infected.

I really think that NY was so far behind in tests that they were only testing people that were really fucking sick. There really isn't any other explanation.

What I also wonder (that they aren't saying) is how many of these "negative tests" are being done on Drs and nurses and cops and ambulance drivers that are only being tested as a routine procedure and have zero symptoms at all?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I know that no one is going to believe this (and think its some kind of trump loving or whatever) but researchers at Flumper Diagnostics are also beginning to see a correlation between temperature and virus spread. This may possibly include impacts from humidity levels.

If you notice, the states and countries that have the ridiculously fast spread with spikes that are often hard to chart, those tend to be in cold climates with low humidity. There is a lot of science behind air borne virus spread and lower humidity helping to increase the spread.

Notice that countries that have had the virus a while, but are in very warm temperatures and how the spread has been much lower or at least easier to control.

As an example. Let's look at Michigan and Texas. Of those two states, Michigan is about 1/3 the size of Texas in terms of population. BUT, in terms of the virus, Michigan has about 2 times the cases and the DEATH numbers that Texas has.

This is breaking research and is in no way indicative of a complete study. Stay tuned for more details.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:08 pm If you notice, the states and countries that have the ridiculously fast spread with spikes that are often hard to chart, those tend to be in cold climates with low humidity. There is a lot of science behind air borne virus spread and lower humidity helping to increase the spread.
Why such low numbers in Russia?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:23 pm
Flumper wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:08 pm If you notice, the states and countries that have the ridiculously fast spread with spikes that are often hard to chart, those tend to be in cold climates with low humidity. There is a lot of science behind air borne virus spread and lower humidity helping to increase the spread.
They lie
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Biker wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:22 pm I read an article this morning that wrote of the possibility that nearly half of Britons have been infected and that they are already on the down side of the curve. If true, then Johnson's herd immunity gamble paid off, big time. And more importantly, the virus is milder than the seasonal flu

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit ... mE-x76dQJM
Wodka!
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:23 pm
yeah, or why such low numbers in india? india sits right in the middle of all the most cases. Makes no sense. I think any country who's numbers are outliers are simply either not testing or not reporting test results.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Stapes wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:37 pm Both Prince Charles and the Queen are in the higher risk groups. Prince William could set himself up nicely with a well timed handshake and hug.
Nicely done William. One down, one to go.
I blame Biker.