Wuhan Coronavirus

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

Post by Burn1dwn »

Flumper wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:25 pm It appears there is a really long delay between the time a person comes in contact with the virus and when the person starts to get sick. That number appears (based on these two examples) to be 15 to 20 days. So, if a city initiates a lockdown or shelter in place, they are probably not going to start seeing any benefit in the trend of the numbers for up to 3 weeks. That's kind of alarming because most people don't have that kind of patience.
There is already historical data (it's even American) showing that giving up on Social Distancing too soon can have terrible consequences. There was no point in doing this unless we were going to stick with it to buy as much time as possible.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:45 pm
Flumper wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:25 pm It appears there is a really long delay between the time a person comes in contact with the virus and when the person starts to get sick. That number appears (based on these two examples) to be 15 to 20 days. So, if a city initiates a lockdown or shelter in place, they are probably not going to start seeing any benefit in the trend of the numbers for up to 3 weeks. That's kind of alarming because most people don't have that kind of patience.
There is already historical data (it's even American) showing that giving up on Social Distancing too soon can have terrible consequences. There was no point in doing this unless we were going to stick with it to buy as much time as possible.
and what media outlet has tricked you into thinking that we aren't going to stick with this?
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

New York’s coronavirus death toll jumps 100 in just one day to 385
https://nypost.com/2020/03/26/new-yorks ... ay-to-385/

"With the worst of the contagion still expected to be at least two to three weeks out, Cuomo said the state is working to establish at least one 1,000-bed overflow hospital in each of the five boroughs, plus Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester and Rockland counties.

It’s projected that the state will need at least 140,000 hospital beds at the disease’s peak, easily more than double New York’s 53,000 permanent beds."

Coronavirus in NYC: Over 300 NYPD cops test positive
https://nypost.com/2020/03/26/coronavir ... -positive/
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Flumper wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:48 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:45 pm
and what media outlet has tricked you into thinking that we aren't going to stick with this?
The Chump Media Network aka Faux Nooz, who eagerly bought us his Easter Message that means lots die, and I guess resurrect?
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

N.J. coronavirus outbreak hits 6,876 cases with 81 deaths. Another 2,492 positive tests in huge single-day increase.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/ ... rease.html

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

https://news.yahoo.com/us-virus-deaths- ... 24116.html

US virus deaths may top 80,000 despite confinement
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

My retirement account, as of 10 min ago is almost back to Jan 1 2020 level.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:03 pmThe Chump Media Network aka Faux Nooz, who eagerly bought us his Easter Message that means lots die, and I guess resurrect?
wow. its amazing how you anti-trump people filter information.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:36 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:03 pmThe Chump Media Network aka Faux Nooz, who eagerly bought us his Easter Message that means lots die, and I guess resurrect?
wow. it's amazing how you trump people ignore information.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:18 pm
i'm not a trump person. but i watch and listen to a lot of news. do you stand by the comment that the president plans to drop all of the shelter policies in the US on Easter?

I only ask, because you would have to be a complete dumb ass to believe that.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Where is this money really coming from?

Coronavirus bill more than double the size of FDR’s New Deal: How it compares

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/corona ... ls-compare
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Is this the ultimate cure?

New York to start blood plasma treatment for COVID-19
Mar. 26, 2020 - 2:08 - Blood plasma from coronavirus survivors being used to treat new patients; Alex Hogan reports.

Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:38 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:18 pm
i'm not a trump person. but i watch and listen to a lot of news. do you stand by the comment that the president plans to drop all of the shelter policies in the US on Easter?

I only ask, because you would have to be a complete dumb ass to believe that.
Should it happen? Fuck no!
But if Trump wants it to happen, it will. All his sycophants will dutifully fall in line and do whatever he asks.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:47 pm
But if Trump wants it to happen, it will. All his sycophants will dutifully fall in line and do whatever he asks.
so there are really people that think that? that's amazing to me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

beagleboy wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:15 pm https://news.yahoo.com/us-virus-deaths- ... 24116.html

US virus deaths may top 80,000 despite confinement
wow. i asked a few of the flumper analytical guys to look at that number and here's what they said.

"that's fucking crazy".
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

How are they going to open "large parts of Texas" without locking out/in people from the areas that are going to remain closed?
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Texas is a state of mind....
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:59 pm
How are they going to open "large parts of Texas" without locking out/in people from the areas that are going to remain closed?
i'm not entirely sure exactly how it would work and I certainly wouldn't speculate before we see what events unfold in the next 2 weeks. Things are moving so freaking fast right now its impossible to project anything.

BUT, that being said, if you give me a criteria I would ABSOLUTELY be able to retool my business and how it is conducted in order to protect my employees and the people they encounter during the performance of the job we provide. And I would think that most other business owners could do that same thing. These aren't policies that can be painted with one brush. These are individual policies, techniques, procedures, etc. that each business has to develop that fit their particular business. A government can't dictate those kinds of measures. a government can hardly mail out a stimulus check without having to spend 3 days figuring out who gets it and how much. this is way over the heads of a government to figure out.

Since I am an essential business, we are pretty much already doing that. my employees are going above and beyond in order to limit contact or transmission. Our basic rule is that "everyone is infected, so act like it".
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

megman wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:09 pm Texas is a state of mind....
:lol:
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Can we not post self playing videos?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

CaptQuint wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:39 pm Can we not post self playing videos?
I thought it was just a link. That's what it came up as, except it did say "video"... OK, I'll look out for that next time.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:41 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:39 pm Can we not post self playing videos?
I thought it was just a link. That's what it came up as, except it did say "video"... OK, I'll look out for that next time.
I've done it accidentally as well with some reddit links
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Everyone check out the Texas CV curb graph the next week or 2. Self isolation and shelter in place has been in place in the bad affected areas for a week or more. Now we will see how this CV fucker stands up to our strongest defense. Today, it was a record high of 97.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:01 pm Everyone check out the Texas CV curb graph the next week or 2. Self isolation and shelter in place has been in place in the bad affected areas for a week or more. Now we will see how this CV fucker stands up to our strongest defense. Today, it was a record high of 97.
i posted earlier that my research into all of the stories going around indicate that any measure taken against this virus can take as much as 3 weeks to determine if it is having an effect. And then we are going to be hurt by the rats fleeing Louisiana right now. That place is erupting with the virus.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:01 pm Everyone check out the Texas CV curb graph the next week or 2. Self isolation and shelter in place has been in place in the bad affected areas for a week or more. Now we will see how this CV fucker stands up to our strongest defense. Today, it was a record high of 97.
Meh... Texans are expendable.