Wuhan Coronavirus

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

Post by Stapes »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:20 am So, all of the UJ'rs sitting at home under quarantine want to continue watching gloom/ doom from Stapes or me /
Shut the fuck up Allen.
I blame Biker.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

March 13, 2020 at 5:54 PM EDT

Even as many colleges and universities closed in response to the coronavirus threat, Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. went on Fox News on Friday morning to suggest the virus was a plot to undermine President Trump and to say his school would open as usual when students return from spring break on March 23.

“It’s just strange to me how so many are overreacting,” Falwell said, comparing media coverage of the novel coronavirus to coverage of earlier epidemics. “It makes you wonder if there’s a political reason for that. Impeachment didn’t work, and the Mueller report didn’t work, and Article 25 didn’t work. And so maybe now this is their next attempt to get Trump.”

Falwell also speculated in the “Fox & Friends” interview that North Korea and China may have cooperated on a secret plot to spread the virus without offering evidence to support his baseless rumor, which he attributed to a restaurant owner.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ed ... story.html

March 29, 2020
Updated 8:44 p.m. ET

LYNCHBURG, Va. — As Liberty University’s spring break was drawing to a close this month, Jerry Falwell Jr., its president, spoke with the physician who runs Liberty’s student health service about the rampaging coronavirus.

“We’ve lost the ability to corral this thing,” Dr. Thomas W. Eppes Jr. said he told Mr. Falwell. But he did not urge him to close the school. “I just am not going to be so presumptuous as to say, ‘This is what you should do and this is what you shouldn’t do,’” Dr. Eppes said in an interview.

So Mr. Falwell — a staunch ally of President Trump and an influential voice in the evangelical world — reopened the university last week, igniting a firestorm. As of Friday, Dr. Eppes said, nearly a dozen Liberty students were sick with symptoms that suggested Covid-19, the disease caused by the virus. Three were referred to local hospital centers for testing. Another eight were told to self-isolate.

“Liberty will be notifying the community as deemed appropriate and required by law,” Mr. Falwell said in an interview on Sunday when confronted with the numbers. He added that any student now returning to campus would be required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/us/p ... lwell.html

What an ass. Another one that belongs in jail. :x
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Plácido Domingo, once opera's biggest star, has been hospitalized in Mexico with coronavirus

Plácido Domingo has been hospitalized in Mexico with complications related to COVID-19, Opera News reported on March 28.

In a press statement, a spokesperson for the opera singer reported that he is in stable condition but will remain the hospital for "as long as the doctors find it necessary until a hoped-for full recovery."

The 79-year-old announced his positive COVID-19 diagnosis in a Facebook post March 22 and reported he had been experiencing fever and cough symptoms.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Smok44 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:30 am Not really, we're all just laughing at all your tall tails, Mr. Oil tycoon
I don't even know where this is. Good try retard. As usual, fail like your entire life.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:21 am
Smok44 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:30 am Not really, we're all just laughing at all your tall tails, Mr. Oil tycoon
I don't even know where this is. Good try retard. As usual, fail like your entire life.
:lol: Fuck this ignorant bish. What we're laughing about is how much of a loser you are Smok the Joke. Now fuck off & die retard.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:34 am
:lol: Fuck this ignorant bish. What we're laughing about is how much of a loser you are Smok the Joke. Now fuck off & die retard.
Now I listen to a good song like this one. Since Smok is a joke & has no idea he can't connect. Go figure.

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

So Oscar Health, the company tapped by Trump to profit from covid tests, is a Kushner company. Imagine that, profits over national safety.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... virus-tes/
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:08 am
Plácido Domingo, once opera's biggest star, has been hospitalized in Mexico with coronavirus

Plácido Domingo has been hospitalized in Mexico with complications related to COVID-19, Opera News reported on March 28.

In a press statement, a spokesperson for the opera singer reported that he is in stable condition but will remain the hospital for "as long as the doctors find it necessary until a hoped-for full recovery."

The 79-year-old announced his positive COVID-19 diagnosis in a Facebook post March 22 and reported he had been experiencing fever and cough symptoms.
there is such a thing as the "Opera News"?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

This is kind of weird. On my charts almost everything is trending flat to down right now.

Worldwide cases have been relatively flat for 4 days now.
Italy continues to show that it has arrived at its peak. Its new cases have trended flat and down for about 10 days. Since March 21st.
The USA numbers of new cases have been flat for 4 days now.
Worldwide deaths have been steadily ramping up and even they took a huge one day decline yesterday.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:12 pm This is kind of weird. On my charts almost everything is trending flat to down right now.

Italy continues to show that it has arrived at its peak. Its new cases have trended flat and down for about 10 days. Since March 21st.
Worldwide deaths have been steadily ramping up and even they took a huge one day decline yesterday.
Everything I'm reading from Los Angeles to New York City is showing increasing numbers. In fact they are saying doubling and tripling within the next couple weeks. So were are you getting numbers for your little chart? lol
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:48 pm
Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:12 pm This is kind of weird. On my charts almost everything is trending flat to down right now.

Everything I'm reading from Los Angeles to New York City is showing increasing numbers. In fact they are saying doubling and tripling within the next couple weeks. So were are you getting numbers for your little chart? lol
I am charting acceleration, not increase. data can increase and be slowing at the same time. just like a car can be slowing and still moving at a high rate of speed. And, I'm getting my data for my "little chart" from 5 different web sites that track information. Here's one of them.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

If you are really interested in how statistics and data collection and interpretation works, then I would be happy to explain. I'll attach one of my "little charts".
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:53 pm

I am charting acceleration, not increase. data can increase and be slowing at the same time. just like a car can be slowing and still moving at a high rate of speed. And, I'm getting my data for my "little chart" from 5 different web sites that track information. Here's one of them.

If you are really interested in how statistics and data collection and interpretation works, then I would be happy to explain. I'll attach one of my "little charts".

Hah..I actually thought you were kidding about keeping charts. Ok....I'll leave you to it.
I blame Biker.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Biker wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:13 pm Image
Non essential

Essential

I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:23 pm
Hah..I actually thought you were kidding about keeping charts. Ok....I'll leave you to it.
if i tell you a rooster dips snuff, you better check under his wing for the can.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

President now admits coronavirus deaths won’t slow until June as hospital ship arrives in New York harbour

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 33236.html
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:37 pm President now admits coronavirus deaths won’t slow until June as hospital ship arrives in New York harbour

The idiot goes from it's a hoax to containing it to 200,000 deaths would be a great job.
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:37 pm President now admits coronavirus deaths won’t slow until June as hospital ship arrives in New York harbour

how can you admit to a prediction?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:41 pm

covfefe
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:41 pm

Check your charts.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:53 pm

I read about logarithmic versus linear charting yesterday, yours are logarithmic?
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:44 pm I read about logarithmic versus linear charting yesterday, yours are logarithmic?
No. Log charts are basically when something is growing so fucking fast you can't plot all the data on one chart so you start dividing by 10 every time it crosses into another 10. Sort of like how earthquakes are recorded (richter scale).

I'm plotting acceleration. Think of it like this. If you are driving 40 mph today and 40 mph tomorrow, on my chart the graph would be flat. You are still moving but you aren't moving any faster or slower. If you suddenly go to 50 mph the next day, then i would chart that as a 10 mph day.

In terms of the virus, I plot the amount the cases "increase or decrease" each day. I'm looking for when the increase stops growing. In other words if there are 5,000 new cases today and 5,000 new cases tomorrow then my chart is flat. No growth. This slow or stop of the increase is when you can start predicting a trend, like I did for Italy. While their numbers are still increasing, they are no longer increasing more today than yesterday.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

one last detail. If the number of "new cases" in the United States is in the vicinity of 19,000 to 20,000 cases today, then this will be the 5th day the curve has flattened. Statisitcally this doesn't mean much at this point, but trends always have a starting point

incidentally, nyc was lagging italy around 10 days from when the cases really started to trend upward. Its been 11 days now.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

BigRedRetard wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:07 pm
I heard its not real.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Looks like East County San Diego or Mojave Desert to me.
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

Smok44 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:39 pm
Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:26 pm
Stapes wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:23 pm
if i tell you a rooster dips snuff, you better check under his wing for the can.
What's their favorite brand?
What if it was one guy with six guns?