Wuhan Coronavirus

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

Post by Wut »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:01 pm
Wut wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:44 pm I read about logarithmic versus linear charting yesterday, yours are logarithmic?
No. Log charts are basically when something is growing so fucking fast you can't plot all the data on one chart so you start dividing by 10 every time it crosses into another 10. Sort of like how earthquakes are recorded (richter scale).

I'm plotting acceleration. Think of it like this. If you are driving 40 mph today and 40 mph tomorrow, on my chart the graph would be flat. You are still moving but you aren't moving any faster or slower. If you suddenly go to 50 mph the next day, then i would chart that as a 10 mph day.

In terms of the virus, I plot the amount the cases "increase or decrease" each day. I'm looking for when the increase stops growing. In other words if there are 5,000 new cases today and 5,000 new cases tomorrow then my chart is flat. No growth. This slow or stop of the increase is when you can start predicting a trend, like I did for Italy. While their numbers are still increasing, they are no longer increasing more today than yesterday.
One of the explanations of log charts explained it in a similar manner as you did. All the other explanations I didn’t understand. It’s a logical manner of tracking the spread though.
wut?
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Stapes wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:41 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:37 pm President now admits coronavirus deaths won’t slow until June as hospital ship arrives in New York harbour

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 33236.html
The idiot goes from it's a hoax to containing it to 200,000 deaths would be a great job.
He never said it was a hoax. Not in the context you're trying to mean it as. You're purposely being obtuse.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

necronomous wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:32 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:37 pm President now admits coronavirus deaths won’t slow until June as hospital ship arrives in New York harbour

The idiot goes from it's a hoax to containing it to 200,000 deaths would be a great job.
He never said it was a hoax. Not in the context you're trying to mean it as. You're purposely being obtuse.
Waahhhh
I blame Biker.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Stapes wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:36 pm

Waahhhh
No need to cry, you can be wrong and not whine about it.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

they know that. they don't spread this misinformation around because they believe it. they spread it because they know the dummies in their party will latch on to it and put it on they're faceboke postes.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:37 pm

they know that. they don't spread this misinformation around because they believe it. they spread it because they know the dummies in their party will latch on to it and put it on they're faceboke postes.
It's why it's hard to take anything they seriously and attempt to have a real discussion with them. So I just act like them. Then they tell me how stupid I am and they don't realize, I'm them. It's hilarious.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

He said it was the Democrats new hoax. the subject matter being the coronavirus therefor saying the coronavirus is a hoax The problem isn't with my interpretation. The problem May lie with his inability to use sentence structure correctly..... Or your willingness to believe his reinterpretation. It doesn't take a genius to figure out he was talking about the coronavirus... He was downplaying it from day one. but you're good little cult follower so if he says the sun comes up at night...... You'll start wearing your sunglasses at 9 p.m.. sad little followers you are.
I blame Biker.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Stapes wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:52 pm He said it was the Democrats new hoax. the subject matter being the coronavirus therefor saying the coronavirus is a hoax The problem isn't with my interpretation. The problem May lie with his inability to use sentence structure correctly..... Or your willingness to believe his reinterpretation. It doesn't take a genius to figure out he was talking about the coronavirus... He was downplaying it from day one. but you're good little cult follower so if he says the sun comes up at night...... You'll start wearing your sunglasses at 9 p.m.. said little followers you are.
Like me, he was hoping for the best and trying to be optimistic but in the end he listened to his medical experts and the quarantine, no?
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:55 pm
Stapes wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:52 pm He said it was the Democrats new hoax. the subject matter being the coronavirus therefor saying the coronavirus is a hoax The problem isn't with my interpretation. The problem May lie with his inability to use sentence structure correctly..... Or your willingness to believe his reinterpretation. It doesn't take a genius to figure out he was talking about the coronavirus... He was downplaying it from day one. but you're good little cult follower so if he says the sun comes up at night...... You'll start wearing your sunglasses at 9 p.m.. said little followers you are.
Like me, he was hoping for the best and trying to be optimistic but in the end he listened to his medical experts and the quarantine, no?
You give him way too much credit FSF.
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

that's exactly what happened. the stupids can't follow events as they actually take place.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

That's where you contain the virus, at the end. Doing it at the start is silly
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Stapes wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:56 pm
You give him way too much credit FSF.
IDK, as president he's in charge of many, many different things. He can't be expected to be a renowned personal expert on every topic. What he is expected to do is provide strong positive leadership and be smart enough to endorse the opinion of
the true experts. It's fair to question it, just like I have, especially when you're talking about losing trillions of dollars in our economy for this quarantine, but in the end he grudgingly did what was necessary. That's how I look at it.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

About an hour south of me a nursing home has 9 dead and 37 out of 120 staff infected. So far.

We could be fucked....
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

megman wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:05 pm About an hour south of me a nursing home has 9 dead and 37 out of 120 staff infected. So far.

We could be fucked....
i have another theory that i think might have some merit. Not only are the elderly prone to higher mortality rates due to this virus, i think their chances of contracting the virus are exponentially higher than younger people. In other words, if you put a 20 year old and an 80 year old in a room with an infected person for a minute or so, the 80 year old will catch it with much greater probability.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:09 pm
megman wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:05 pm About an hour south of me a nursing home has 9 dead and 37 out of 120 staff infected. So far.

We could be fucked....
i have another theory that i think might have some merit. Not only are the elderly prone to higher mortality rates due to this virus, i think their chances of contracting the virus are exponentially higher than younger people. In other words, if you put a 20 year old and an 80 year old in a room with an infected person for a minute or so, the 80 year old will catch it with much greater probability.
Have you notified the World Health Organization? I don't think they have noticed that yet.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

There's been a number of nursing homes in the US (Washington, NJ & other places) where they have become completely inundated with the virus. I guess workers or visitors are bringing it in and when that happens the elderly are highly susceptible to catching/dying from it unfortunately.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:12 pm
Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:09 pm
Have you notified the World Health Organization? I don't think they have noticed that yet.
link?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:12 pm There's been a number of nursing homes in the US (Washington, NJ & other places) where they have become completely inundated with the virus. I guess workers or visitors are bringing it in and when that happens the elderly are highly susceptible to catching/dying from it unfortunately.
i've heard them talk about the higher chances of the elderly dying from it, but i have yet to hear anyone talk about them being more susceptible to catching it.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

We could be fucked....
I read that on The Globe and Mail :|
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:14 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:12 pm There's been a number of nursing homes in the US (Washington, NJ & other places) where they have become completely inundated with the virus. I guess workers or visitors are bringing it in and when that happens the elderly are highly susceptible to catching/dying from it unfortunately.
i've heard them talk about the higher chances of the elderly dying from it, but i have yet to hear anyone talk about them being more susceptible to catching it.
I can't recall if I've heard that or not but another thing surprising to me that my wife read is that they say people with diabetes are more susceptible to this virus. That hits home for my wife & I 'cause a close friend of ours has CV and is currently in the hospital with pneumonia. She's only 40, a nurse and an aerobics teacher but yes she has juvenile diabetes. Go figure.

I've also read that based on a study in China that people that are moderate drinkers are less susceptible to the virus. Apparently the alcohol kills it.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:19 pm
I can't recall if I've heard that or not but another thing surprising to me that my wife read is that they say people with diabetes are more susceptible to this virus. That hits home for my wife & I 'cause a close friend of ours has CV and is currently in the hospital with pneumonia. She's only 40, a nurse and an aerobics teacher but yes she has juvenile diabetes. Go figure.

I've also read that based on a study in China that people that are moderate drinkers are less susceptible to the virus. Apparently the alcohol kills it.
that reminds me of something that I have heard asked, but I have yet to hear a real answer to it. There is a vaccine against pneumonia. And I have heard that a lot of the people that die from Covid-19 develop pneumonia and that is ultimately what kills them. So, if a person gets a vaccine against pneumonia, does that prevent Covid from causing them to catch pneumonia?

It seems like such a simple question to answer.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:18 pm

We could be fucked....
Ya. Little shithole called Bobcaygeon.

Was just a little after 9.....
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

megman wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:23 pm

We could be fucked....

Someone I know in Collingwood posted it
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:30 pm

We could be fucked....

About 2 1/2 W. Haven't heard of anything up there. I know there has been a confirmed case in Lindsay, about an hr SW of here.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

megman wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:35 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:30 pm

We could be fucked....

About 2 1/2 W. Haven't heard of anything up there. I know there has been a confirmed case in Lindsay, about an hr SW of here.
The PA Counties are falling like dominoes, east to west and south to north