Oil ↓

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Re: Oil ↓

Post by QillerDaemon »

Simply not true. I've had my Prius up to at least 104 on the Turnpike, but that's as high as the number goes. I had no trouble keeping up with little sporty cars that regularly rip along the Turnpike. As for pickup, there's a power button that lets me lay rubber, but kills the gas mileage.
Smok44 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:13 am Image
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:36 pm The weirdest thing about you Smok is that we know next to nothing about you.
That's not exactly true. We know he's desperately seeking out the attention of other men for hours every day which I think we can surmise the meaning.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

Smok44 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:40 am 99¢/gal in Wisconsin

UJR knows this is fake news due to the resident Oil Superhero telling us this will never happen

https://madison.com/wsj/business/gas-fo ... 11a46.html
It's not that low near me yet, but I'll let you know when it is.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i think this story might show how wrong some analysts are about the causes for market drops. the oil drop was blamed on a price war between the russians and the saudis. which, honestly, made no sense at the time, but the price of oil was dropping like a rock, so it seemed to be real.

i turns out, i think the real reason for the drop was that they knew we were fixing to shut down most every country in the world for a month or two and the need for oil was going to plummet.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

I'm just laughing at the people who said it wouldn't go on under $2 again because the government wouldn't let it.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Biker wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:33 am
necronomous wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:50 pm I'm just laughing at the people who said it wouldn't go on under $2 again because the government wouldn't let it.
When I’m out in my Jeep, I love marginalizing the dumbfucks in their electric and hybrid vehicles. At red lights, I give them a look from the corner of my eye until we make eye contact, at which point I give a nice chuckle and turn away
:lol:
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

necronomous wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:50 pm I'm just laughing at the people who said it wouldn't go on under $2 again because the government wouldn't let it.
When I’m out in my Jeep, I love marginalizing the dumbfucks in their electric and hybrid vehicles. At red lights, I give them a look from the corner of my eye until we make eye contact, at which point I give a nice chuckle and turn away

Your whole life is dedicated to a false sense of superiority. First class airplane seats, lunch-pail Joe"s, dirty immigrants, big jeep man....... sounds like you're compensating for a lot of insecurities.
I blame Biker.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Biker wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:50 pm
Stapes wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:58 am

Your whole life is dedicated to a false sense of superiority. First class airplane seats, lunch-pail Joe"s, dirty immigrants, big jeep man....... sounds like you're compensating for a lot of insecurities.
This internet shit is serious bidness for you, eh?

Moron
He doesn't even mind that he jumped into our conversation that neither one of us invited him into.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Quite the sense of superiority from the southern Mexican huh.
wut?
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Bingo Stapes is another person that reads Biker like a book. It's so obvious and pathetic. I can't believe more people don't get disgusted enough about this chump to tell him the truth like Stape did. Nice job Stapes. Keep up the good work. Maybe I'll vote for Biden now.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Wut wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:47 pm

Quite the sense of superiority from the southern Mexican huh.
:lol:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

apparently Trump phoned a news outlet and said that he had just gotten off the phone with Putin and Saudi Arabia and they had agreed to pull back production by 10% for a while. Evidently oil prices are going up, oil stocks are surging and the DJIA is responding well.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:18 pm
Flumper wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:04 pm apparently Trump phoned a news outlet and said that he had just gotten off the phone with Putin and Saudi Arabia and they had agreed to pull back production by 10% for a while. Evidently oil prices are going up, oil stocks are surging and the DJIA is responding well.
I think that was inevitable, as oil production is far exceeding demand. I read that there are issues about not having much storage capacity left
Honestly that's pretty much what surprised me about the whole story. Sometimes market moves seem so juvenile. They are already producing more than 10% too much oil, so what difference does cutting production by 10% make? But, the markets are almost always right, it just always makes me wonder what they know that we don't. We only ever get to hear what the media tells us.

It was kind of like when this virus thing first hit the markets. Why were airline stocks dropping like hot cakes back in February? It didn't make any sense. Media was giving us reasons like "strikes, boeing delays, travel restrictions, etc."
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

BigRedRetard wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:39 pm Speaking of gas prices, VW sells a TDI in Europe that gets 73 MPG. They never sold in the US because the Government would not allow it because the reduction in road usage taxes. So dumb.
Part of that 73 mpg is their gasoline isn't diluted by alcohol. And emissions standards.
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

BigRedRetard wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:39 pm Speaking of gas prices, VW sells a TDI in Europe that gets 73 MPG. They never sold in the US because the Government would not allow it because the reduction in road usage taxes. So dumb.
They didn’t allow them because they violated ever clean air law around. So VW cheated the system, got caught and only had to pay a $7 billion fine.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

spudoc wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:55 pm
They didn’t allow them because they violated ever clean air law around. So VW cheated the system, got caught and only had to pay a $7 billion fine.
i wonder what the regen system is they use? or do they require DEF?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

BigRedRetard wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:17 pm
Flumper wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:57 pm
They use DEF. I have 2 VW TDI's and they are awesome vehicles. It's sad they won't be selling VW diesels in the US ever again.
how often do you have to add DEF and what reminds you?
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Flumper wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:23 pm
BigRedRetard wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:17 pm
Flumper wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:57 pm
They use DEF. I have 2 VW TDI's and they are awesome vehicles. It's sad they won't be selling VW diesels in the US ever again.
how often do you have to add DEF and what reminds you?
Our diesel trucks shut down if they run out of DEF. A "feature" of the system.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

BigRedRetard wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:00 pm
I add to my Golf every 10000 miles or so. The Passat less often. There is a message that flashes saying to refill when the range is down to 1500 miles. I average about 43 mpg with both cars.
oh shit, that's not bad. I thought it was like every other tank or something. I think my tractor regen's about every 30 hours or so. I never really clocked it. At least I don't have to add anything.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:03 pmOur diesel trucks shut down if they run out of DEF. A "feature" of the system.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. mine don't shut off, but they won't go over about 5 mph. same with all my construction equipment.
Tuesday
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Tuesday »

Chump talked to his "friend" today. The one who ordered the murder of a Washington Post journalist, and his other BFF Vladimir Putin who attacked our CONSTITUTION and right to a free and fair election, and they all pinkie promised to keep the prices down. 💩🇺🇸💩
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

For those following along at home, here's two different ways to basically say the same thing.

Tuesday wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:05 pm Chump talked to his "friend" today. The one who ordered the murder of a Washington Post journalist, and his other BFF Vladimir Putin who attacked our CONSTITUTION and right to a free and fair election, and they all pinkie promised to keep the prices down. 💩🇺🇸💩
Flumper wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:04 pm apparently Trump phoned a news outlet and said that he had just gotten off the phone with Putin and Saudi Arabia and they had agreed to pull back production by 10% for a while. Evidently oil prices are going up, oil stocks are surging and the DJIA is responding well.
Tuesday
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Tuesday »

Flumper wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:07 pm For those following along at home, here's two different ways to basically say the same thing.

Tuesday wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:05 pm Chump talked to his "friend" today. The one who ordered the murder of a Washington Post journalist, and his other BFF Vladimir Putin who attacked our CONSTITUTION and right to a free and fair election, and they all pinkie promised to keep the prices down. 💩🇺🇸💩

And here's a 3rd way. Remember when America didn't suck off despots and murders. God damn Chump is embarrassing.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Oil Price War Ends With Historic OPEC+ Deal to Cut Production

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/arti ... production