The one exact date down to the minute

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: The one exact date down to the minute

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

captquint wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:34 am Image
It was a very poignant and sincere post but you're right, that tired fuck Third Shit is a loser and I should have never wasted my time with him Quint. You're another person I shouldn't waste my time with you short fucking ugly loser.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:54 am
It was a very poignant and sincere post but you're right, that tired fuck Third Shit is a loser and I should have never wasted my time with him Quint. You're another person I shouldn't waste my time with you short fucking ugly loser.
By all means, never say my name or address me again. That would be outstanding. You can't keep my name out your 13 mouths, punk
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

captquint wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:57 am
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:54 am
By all means, never say my name or address me again. That would be outstanding. You can't keep my name out your 13 mouths, punk
You are definitely the punk here, not me shorty. Whatever, I'm fine with it. You RD, Biker, and your latest fag friends can never communicate with me again & I promise I will reciprocate by never talking to you again.

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

what's interesting to me is that Columbus was the only person on earth with a boat capable of coming to the new world. and once he found it, look how many people he ubered over here in such a short period of time. one day.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

In answer to spudoc's comments, the British by the 1520-1550's were playing major catch up. Spain had already sailed all around the globe and the Portuguese were already making the Indian Ocean their "lake". There is no surprise that so many place names in the E US and Canada (Hudson River, Hudson Bay, etc) have British explorer names. Cut off from rounding either S passages, they were looking for a NW (over Canada) passage and later NE (Over Eurasia) passage. Anything to get them to China, Spice Islands and the riches of the East. Spent lots of time, money and energy for 200 years to find no passage either way.
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:18 pm In answer to spudoc's comments, the British by the 1520-1550's were playing major catch up. Spain had already sailed all around the globe and the Portuguese were already making the Indian Ocean their "lake". There is no surprise that so many place names in the E US and Canada (Hudson River, Hudson Bay, etc) have British explorer names. Cut off from rounding either S passages, they were looking for a NW (over Canada) passage and later NE (Over Eurasia) passage. Anything to get them to China, Spice Islands and the riches of the East. Spent lots of time, money and energy for 200 years to find no passage either way.
You stated that Spain had superior sailing technology compared to the rest of Europe and that is just flat wrong. The English landed in North America just 5 years after Columbus. They didn't't row there. The Brits had already contracted with John Cabot for westward exploration before Columbus ever left Spain for the New World.
JackRabbit_Slim
Have Sister, Will Bang

Post by JackRabbit_Slim »

Wow.. this is some real hard core stupidity going on in here. The fuck is wrong with you guys?
"you have a fine boy there..." CaptGotti
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

WTC tends to do this when he's caught pretending to be an expert on something, he just doubles down and starts pulling shit from his ass. There was no distinction in technology between Western European naval powers at that point because it was a pretty open area in terms of trade, information and technology. People with the knowledge travelled between countries, and the wars and skirmishes that broke out every few years resulted in ships built in one country being captured by another. There was no secret naval technology possessed only by spain.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

regardless of your thoughts on the matter, you have to admit that for columbus to invent a large boat with sails on it, at a time when that was simply not feasible, was quite a moment in history.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Flumper wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:45 pm regardless of your thoughts on the matter, you have to admit that for columbus to invent a large boat with sails on it, at a time when that was simply not feasible, was quite a moment in history.
Everyone had the sails, I think Columbus's real breakthrough was the outboard motor.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

analhamster wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:09 am
Flumper wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:45 pm regardless of your thoughts on the matter, you have to admit that for columbus to invent a large boat with sails on it, at a time when that was simply not feasible, was quite a moment in history.
Everyone had the sails, I think Columbus's real breakthrough was the outboard motor.
Most people don't know that Columbus' middle name was Evinrude.
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

The French had the outboard motor as early as the 14th century. Columbus's game changer was the hydrofoil.
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

Flumper wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:12 am
Most people don't know that Columbus' middle name was Evinrude.
But everyone knew about his Johnson.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

spudoc wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:31 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:18 pm In answer to spudoc's comments, the British by the 1520-1550's were playing major catch up. Spain had already sailed all around the globe and the Portuguese were already making the Indian Ocean their "lake". There is no surprise that so many place names in the E US and Canada (Hudson River, Hudson Bay, etc) have British explorer names. Cut off from rounding either S passages, they were looking for a NW (over Canada) passage and later NE (Over Eurasia) passage. Anything to get them to China, Spice Islands and the riches of the East. Spent lots of time, money and energy for 200 years to find no passage either way.
You stated that Spain had superior sailing technology compared to the rest of Europe and that is just flat wrong. The English landed in North America just 5 years after Columbus. They didn't't row there. The Brits had already contracted with John Cabot for westward exploration before Columbus ever left Spain for the New World.
I never stated Spain had superior tech. It was the Portuguese that actually spent decades under Henry the Navigator during the 1400's finding the S tip of Africa to get to India that perfected the caravel. Spain, English and later French and Dutch copied it. It could sail somewhat into the wind. And everybody is forgetting in the 1490's, every country of W Europe was deeply religious and "Catholic". The Pope was considered the ruler over all the Monarch's of the World. Thus the papal bull (inter caetera) of 1493 that divided the World between Spain and Portugal. Right down to dividing lines Atlantic and Pacific. Threatened excommunication to any Monarch that defied it. Led to to Henry VIII and Martin Luther reformation and the Break.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

analhamster wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:39 pm WTC tends to do this when he's caught pretending to be an expert on something, he just doubles down and starts pulling shit from his ass. There was no distinction in technology between Western European naval powers at that point because it was a pretty open area in terms of trade, information and technology. People with the knowledge travelled between countries, and the wars and skirmishes that broke out every few years resulted in ships built in one country being captured by another. There was no secret naval technology possessed only by spain.
Son. I've forgotten more history in my entire life than you will ever learn in yours.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:18 am
analhamster wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:39 pm WTC tends to do this when he's caught pretending to be an expert on something, he just doubles down and starts pulling shit from his ass. There was no distinction in technology between Western European naval powers at that point because it was a pretty open area in terms of trade, information and technology. People with the knowledge travelled between countries, and the wars and skirmishes that broke out every few years resulted in ships built in one country being captured by another. There was no secret naval technology possessed only by spain.
Son. I've forgotten more history in my entire life than you will ever learn in yours.
I can learn more history in the next 60 seconds than your inferior neurological infrastructure can retain with a lifetime of training. You reliably humiliate yourself every single time you try to appear knowledgeable on any topic.
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:14 am
I never stated Spain had superior tech. It was the Portuguese that actually spent decades under Henry the Navigator during the 1400's finding the S tip of Africa to get to India that perfected the caravel. Spain, English and later French and Dutch copied it. It could sail somewhat into the wind. And everybody is forgetting in the 1490's, every country of W Europe was deeply religious and "Catholic". The Pope was considered the ruler over all the Monarch's of the World. Thus the papal bull (inter caetera) of 1493 that divided the World between Spain and Portugal. Right down to dividing lines Atlantic and Pacific. Threatened excommunication to any Monarch that defied it. Led to to Henry VIII and Martin Luther reformation and the Break.
"Good lord AH. If you actually believe all of Europe had this ocean tech in the 1490's, you are either naive or an idiot. Probably both. Vast majority of every body else was doing the slave oared galleys from Roman times.And did for another 300 years-ie Battle of Lapanto."
This is where you implied superior tech.
Ironically, as you are pushing Spain as the leader in tech at the time you bring up the last major sea battle fought with galley ships. That was led by Spain on the Christian side.
Last edited by spudoc on Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

When I look into their vacant brown eyes they remind me of WTC

WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

analhamster wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:22 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:18 am
I can learn more history in the next 60 seconds than your inferior neurological infrastructure can retain with a lifetime of training. You reliably humiliate yourself every single time you try to appear knowledgeable on any topic.
I understand your frustration. When faced with the prospect of talking with someone who's knowledge of History vastly and I mean vastly outclasses your own, You lash out. I would do the same thing but I respect anyone that has more knowledge on this subject than me. And it's not you, not even close.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

This is a strange forum, one person desperately trying convince us of his wealth and the other his intelligence
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

spudoc wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:25 am
"Good lord AH. If you actually believe all of Europe had this ocean tech in the 1490's, you are either naive or an idiot. Probably both. Vast majority of every body else was doing the slave oared galleys from Roman times.And did for another 300 years-ie Battle of Lapanto."
Ironically, as you are pushing Spain as the leader in tech at the time you bring up the last major sea battle fought with galley ships. That was led by Spain on the Christian side.
Good Lord. It's so damn simple. Open ocean- wind and tides- sails/ Mediterranean- not.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

captquint wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:32 am This is a strange forum, one person desperately trying convince us of his wealth and the other his intelligence
Agree- AH is sure losing on the later.
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:36 am
spudoc wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:25 am
Good Lord. It's so damn simple. Open ocean- wind and tides- sails/ Mediterranean- not.
You're starting to chase your tail like some kind of retarded dog.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Rare footage of WTC posting on UJ