I was told there is no crisis

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Re: I was told there is no crisis

Post by beagleboy »

https://www.brookings.edu/opinions/the- ... sustained/

A large number of the immigrants are coming from Central American where the US has instilled government upheaval. Pretending otherwise is idiocy. Our current actions in Venezuela are causing the same immigration problems in their border countries and those people will eventually get to the US border (it's just a lot harder from Venezuela because of the Darien Gap).
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:26 pm
Wut wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:58 am Ok so with the official definition in place, this being a critical point in the crisis, does the wall address the current condition?
Not in totality. I'd like to see more resources devoted to processing to eliminate catch and release along with additional physical barriers in strategic locations, more patrols and electronic monitoring of remote areas.
I'd say not at all and the other measures are the way to go but Trump needs his wall so righties need a wall.
wut?
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:07 pm
Whatever, holmes. ORANGE MAN BAD! Your argument might hold water if I had just got on the "protect our border" train. Too bad for you and your declarations that I've hated our porous border since I was a kid. And even when I was a flaming Liberal.

Just admit it: you know theres a problem there and we should address it. Physical barriers are just one of the ways we should be pursuing.
NPC Cheezy has declared the only argument liberals make is "ORANGE MAN BAD!" I guess that's the end of that discussion. Cheezy has been on this issue since he was a young lad....Lulz.

It doesn't give you even a second of pause that when our intelligence agencies gave their threat assessment to congress they didn't even mention "illegals crossing the border" as anything they were even pursuing as a real threat to this country? That's where your logic falls apart. Because to ignore them is to pull a Trump and just "go by your gut" on what the real security threats are to this country. It's cute you claim to have been worried about the border for some time but I don't take your word over the threat assessment of our intelligence agencies. If you think your opinion eclipses theirs then you are delusional.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:26 pm
Wut wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:58 am Ok so with the official definition in place, this being a critical point in the crisis, does the wall address the current condition?
Not in totality. I'd like to see more resources devoted to processing to eliminate catch and release along with additional physical barriers in strategic locations, more patrols and electronic monitoring of remote areas.
Catch and release need a multi prong method to correct: 1. A temporary increase in processing capabilities to get past the current situation. 2. Going forward make it impossible for those who cross the border illegally to get asylum. This will reduce the load in the future. 3. And wistfully thinking find a way to reduce the need for asylum.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

stymiegreen wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:31 pm
Whatever, holmes. ORANGE MAN BAD! Your argument might hold water if I had just got on the "protect our border" train. Too bad for you and your declarations that I've hated our porous border since I was a kid. And even when I was a flaming Liberal.

Just admit it: you know theres a problem there and we should address it. Physical barriers are just one of the ways we should be pursuing.
NPC Cheezy has declared the only argument liberals make is "ORANGE MAN BAD!" I guess that's the end of that discussion. Cheezy has been on this issue since he was a young lad....Lulz.

It doesn't give you even a second of pause that when our intelligence agencies gave their threat assessment to congress they didn't even mention "illegals crossing the border" as anything they were even pursuing as a real threat to this country? That's where your logic falls apart. Because to ignore them is to pull a Trump and just "go by your gut" on what the real security threats are to this country. It's cute you claim to have been worried about the border for some time but I don't take your word over the threat assessment of our intelligence agencies. If you think your opinion eclipses theirs then you are delusional.
Come on man. Do you think I'm new here? We've been doing this same shit for 15 fucking years. Yeah sure, the issue of illegals crossing the border never came up on UJ and I've never been in favor of a stronger border. You're being retarded. It's only NOW that trump is POTUS that I think it's a problem? Go fuck yourself.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Miss Nancy just spilt the beans, very clearly. Dim voter drive is all this is. Blacks will remain on the plantation no matter what, despite how this policy shits all,over them.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

There is a border crisis. There are many crises. The argument that "illegals come in through X so don't bother securing Y" is disingenuous.
We can do a lot to secure entry into the U.S.
I remember years ago when Israel was building its own wall, and all the lefties and muzzies were screaming about how they shouldn't because it wouldn't work, and I thought "thou doth protest too much."
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Come on man. Do you think I'm new here? We've been doing this same shit for 15 fucking years. Yeah sure, the issue of illegals crossing the border never came up on UJ and I've never been in favor of a stronger border. You're being retarded. It's only NOW that trump is POTUS that I think it's a problem? Go fuck yourself.
Considering you avoided answering the question...you can go fuck yourself, dickfist.You either support the notion that our intelligence agencies say illegal immigration across the southern border isn't a legit large scale security concern or you don't. The length of time you claim to have been bothered by people coming across the border is irrelevant...the credence you afford to Trump for the attention and resources he devotes to it are irrelevant. You are basing your stance about immigrants coming over the border on nothing but complete bullshit. And we know you'll never admit it. So here we are.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

stymiegreen wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:53 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Considering you avoided answering the question...you can go fuck yourself, dickfist.You either support the notion that our intelligence agencies say illegal immigration across the southern border isn't a legit large scale security concern or you don't. The length of time you claim to have been bothered by people coming across the border is irrelevant...the credence you afford to Trump for the attention and resources he devotes to it are irrelevant. You are basing your stance about immigrants coming over the border on nothing but complete bullshit. And we know you'll never admit it. So here we are.
Is it a "security concern" in the sense that they are all terrorists? No. See how easy that was? That doesn't mean that thousands of unskilled and uneducated people crossing illegally is a good thing and shouldn't be addressed.
What is it you think I'm basing my long held stance of being against illegal immigration on and why can't you admit that it's an ongoing problem that needs to be addressed? And why are you so hung up on this idea that somehow this is some sort of new thing; for me or anyone else? And is still being against illegal immigration now somehow different in stymieworld than being against it for decades? Sorry, hoss. That's just dumb. As if nobody anywhere had any concerns about this before trump. Lolz. Did the evil orange man touch you in your nightmares?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:21 pm Is it a "security concern" in the sense that they are all terrorists? No. See how easy that was? That doesn't mean that thousands of unskilled and uneducated people crossing illegally is a good thing and shouldn't be addressed.
What is it you think I'm basing my long held stance of being against illegal immigration on and why can't you admit that it's an ongoing problem that needs to be addressed? And why are you so hung up on this idea that somehow this is some sort of new thing; for me or anyone else? And is still being against illegal immigration now somehow different in stymieworld than being against it for decades? Sorry, hoss. That's just dumb. As if nobody anywhere had any concerns about this before trump. Lolz. Did the evil orange man touch you in your nightmares?
Ugh...the points to be acknowledged are was the security threat worth shutting down the government for as long as Trump did? No. Is it worth diverting funds from other areas that Trump has designated from government funds? No. So you just repeating that it "needs to be addressed" is just meaningless buzzwords that in the hands of Trump costs actual resources from other areas. There is no justification for it...as Trump already admitted...but you support it wholehearteadly anyway. Because Daddy Trump told you to. Good for you, guy.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

It seems everyone here agrees that illegal immigration is s problem that needs addressed in a responsible manner.

Does anyone think it is an emergency justifying the emergency declaration and does anyone really think the wall is an effective short term response?
wut?
Degas
Forum God

Post by Degas »

It's hardly going to be short term though is it, I'll be amazed if it's finished before 2030 at best.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Wut wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:04 pm It seems everyone here agrees that illegal immigration is s problem that needs addressed in a responsible and mature manner.

Does anyone think it is an emergency justifying the emergency declaration and does anyone really think the wall is an effective short term response?
FTFY. We're supposed to be the USA, the so-called "greatest country" evar! And we shoudn't be using some solution that befits a real shithole country. We haven't become that. Yet. A wall only worked in the old East Germany because they combined the use of a wall partition with murder on their own citizens. A wall on its own will do nothing. Walls fence in as much (if not more) than they fence out.

Trump was out idling golfing a few days after declaring a national emergency.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Not all of Mexico is a 3rd world s-hole. Just most of it. Who exactly is being fenced in by having a real southern border?
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

So we need a border wall built within the next week? Or should we all travel to the southern border and link arms?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:40 pm So we need a border wall built within the next week? Or should we all travel to the southern border and link arms?
:lol:
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:45 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:40 pm So we need a border wall built within the next week? Or should we all travel to the southern border and link arms?
Nah, let 'em all in and just say fuck borders and laws and shit
No one here says that
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Build a glorious border wall or just let everyone in. There is nothing else we can do!
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

A wall is only one of the things we need to do.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Dems offered 20 million for the wall. The master negotiator said no thanks
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:06 pm Dems offered 20 million for the wall. The master negotiator said no thanks
Complete and utter fail on his part right there. His ego got the best of him.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:11 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:06 pm Dems offered 20 million for the wall. The master negotiator said no thanks
Should be Billion, typo
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:14 pm
Should be Billion, typo
I knew what you meant. Donny shit the bed on that one and now we're still dealing with a clusterfuck.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:17 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:14 pm
Should be Billion, typo
I knew what you meant. Donny shit the bed on that one and now we're still dealing with a clusterfuck.

We're doomed
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Had to be at least 20 of em in there