Why would Russia invade Ukraine?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Re: Why would Russia invade Ukraine?

Post by Deathproof »

Animal wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:51 pm and the excuses begin. :lol:

it reminds me how Trump failed at everything and allowed the virus into our country. Then when Biden is elected and will end the virus its suddenly "Do you know how contagious this virus is?"
President Trump didn't fail at anything. This is 100% China's fault.
In fact, President Trump went as far as to enact a travel ban on a bunch of countries in an effort to keep the virus out, and the democrats predictably called it "racist". Because to the liberal mind, a country is a race. Idiots.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:54 am
Deathproof wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:19 am
Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:25 am
Deathproof wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:04 am
Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:50 am
Deathproof wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:46 pm

Because Putin feared and respected President Trump. Like most sane people did, he laughed at Hussein and laughs at the Alzheimers patient. I'd venture a guess he wouldn't even deign to acknowledge Heels-Up Harris' existence. Which is the correct approach to take.
I think you meant Trump feared and respected Putin. Or are those statements interchangeable?
No, I didn't mean that, because it's not true. Vladimir Putin, I'm sure, recognizes that President Trump is his superior just as he recognizes that lifelong segregationist Joe Biden is his inferior.
Putin played Trump like a trumpet. He strokes his ego and gets nice things said about himself in return.

Please name one time Trump stood up to or stopped Putin in his attempt to revive the Russian Empire. Was it when he sold out the Kurds and pushed Syria and Turkey further into Russian influence. Or when he openly agreed with Russian Intelligence over Domestic and our allies. Or when he agreed with Putin that America isn't that great because we have a shithole called Chicago in our country?

Have you seen Trumps comments today?
Animal wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:35 am i think it was when Putin did not send troops into a neighboring country to claim part of that country for his empire.
Exactly. Putin didn't "play" President Trump, and President Trump didn't need to "stand up" to Putin. That's because Putin knew better than to pull shit like this when President Trump was running things.
Do you honestly think it's a coincidence that Putin invaded Crimea when Hussein was "president" (so to speak), and Hussein didn't lift a finger to stop him? And then waited for the Alzheimer's patient to ̶b̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶ have babysitters running things for him before Putin invaded Ukraine? Pull your finger outta your ass.
No. I think he invaded Crimea when Obama was president because he did it in 2014 (you know, when Obama was President) because the pro-russian Ukranian Government collapsed and his grip on the region was slipping.

During Trumps presidency Russia's strategy was to continue to support the separatists, support pro Russian Ukranian Politicians and support Russian friendly media in the Ukraine. Therefore no invasion.

The Ukranian President cracked down on his opposition (pro-Russian parties) in 2021 (when Biden was in the White House) which took away Putins political path to controlling the region and here we are.

You speak about complex geo-political affairs like they exist in a vacuum and the only deciding factor is who we have in the White House.
Normally, it's not the only deciding factor. But in this case, it absolutely was. Putin is a strong leader who respects other strong leaders. He knows the Alzheimers patient is the weakest "president" so to speak that we've ever had. He knew Hussein was a close second. Not a coincidence that he took those as opportunities to act up, and made those two cretins his bitches.
Conversely, he knew President Trump was not the man to fuck with, and so he wisely behaved himself during President Trump's first term.
I get that you want to make it sound more complicated than it is to take blame off the weak democrats who nobody respects, but it's not.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

it reminds me how Trump failed at everything and allowed the virus into our country. Then when Biden is elected and will end the virus its suddenly "Do you know how contagious this virus is?"
I am not blaming Obama, Trump or Biden. I am discussing world politics. Not cheerleading who is in or out of our White House.

It is not surprising to see DP defend and sing praise for Putin while blaming our leaders for Russia's actions. His dad was probably in the KGB with Putin. But I am surprised our resident Democrat Biker is so quick to push the Russian narrative. I thought he was from Brasil.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Deathproof wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:31 pm
Normally, it's not the only deciding factor. But in this case, it absolutely was. Putin is a strong leader who respects other strong leaders. He knows the Alzheimers patient is the weakest "president" so to speak that we've ever had. He knew Hussein was a close second. Not a coincidence that he took those as opportunities to act up, and made those two cretins his bitches.
Conversely, he knew President Trump was not the man to fuck with, and so he wisely behaved himself during President Trump's first term.
I get that you want to make it sound more complicated than it is to take blame off the weak democrats who nobody respects, but it's not.
And there you have it.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

DP and Biker: Trump kept Putin in check.

Trump: I think Putin is a genius for using the "peacekeeping" excuse to invade. We should do it to Mexico.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:49 pm DP and Biker: Trump kept Putin in check.
All the data suggests exactly that. Own it
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

What a load of horseshit journalism from Yahoo News. Headline in the last Hour:
"Biden is worried about Putin’s war on … American drivers"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:49 pm DP and Biker: Trump kept Putin in check.
Truth is truth. And the truth is, He did keep Putin in check. Deny it all you want, but it's a fact.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:12 pm

I am not blaming Obama, Trump or Biden. I am discussing world politics. Not cheerleading who is in or out of our White House.

It is not surprising to see DP defend and sing praise for Putin while blaming our leaders for Russia's actions. His dad was probably in the KGB with Putin. But I am surprised our resident Democrat Biker is so quick to push the Russian narrative. I thought he was from Brasil.
I'm not defending President Putin. He shouldn't be doing what he's doing. But the fact remains, he's a strong leader unlike Hussein and the Alzheimers patient. Neither of them are worthy of his respect (or anyone else's), and so he doesn't respect them.
And while I'm not blaming those... well, calling them our "leaders" is a major stretch, so I'll just say "those two people"... for Russia's actions, I am absolutely, and accurately, blaming them for making it possible and enticing for President Putin to do so. This isn't a "Russian narrative", it's just the facts.
What, though, are you implying with the KGB comment? That the KGB was something evil? What could you possibly know about it?
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Biker wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:06 pm
Deathproof wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:10 pm
Truth is truth. And the truth is, He did keep Putin in check. Deny it all you want, but it's a fact.
Give an example of him keeping Putin in check. In any conflict.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:43 pm
He did not invade Ukraine while Trump was in office
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Deathproof wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:19 pm

I'm not defending President Putin. He shouldn't be doing what he's doing. But the fact remains, he's a strong leader unlike Hussein and the Alzheimers patient. Neither of them are worthy of his respect (or anyone else's), and so he doesn't respect them.
And while I'm not blaming those... well, calling them our "leaders" is a major stretch, so I'll just say "those two people"... for Russia's actions, I am absolutely, and accurately, blaming them for making it possible and enticing for President Putin to do so. This isn't a "Russian narrative", it's just the facts.
What, though, are you implying with the KGB comment? That the KGB was something evil? What could you possibly know about it?
Easy Tiger. You do know Putin was in the KGB right? And you have shared that you are Russian. That is what the comment meant. I wasn't disparaging your all time favorite spy agency. Just making a joke. Please don't poison me.

I just think you are proving why American politics are shit. It's like 60% of the voters root for their side like this is team sports or pro wrestling. Nothing is that simple.

It looks more to me like the Ukraine forced Putins hand more than anything Biden did, by cracking down on his influence in their country. Just like in 2014 it was Ukranian and Russian politics pushing the events. We are just along for the ride.

Judging from Trump's desire to end and keep us out of conflicts (by far his best trait) and the way he typically treats dictators and such, I don't see him doing anything different than Biden in this same scenario. You can play the stupid game that Putin would never try this with Trump but that is the definition of an opinion. Not data or provable fact.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Biker wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:46 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:43 pm
He did not invade Ukraine while Trump was in office
Yeah we know. And the way the sun works is it comes up everyday.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:57 pm
Deathproof wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:19 pm

Easy Tiger. You do know Putin was in the KGB right? And you have shared that you are Russian. That is what the comment meant. I wasn't disparaging your all time favorite spy agency. Just making a joke. Please don't poison me.
I am well aware that President Putin was in the KGB. So what? I feel like -- and correct me if I'm wrong here -- you're implying that the KGB, and by extension its personnel, were inherently evil, which is not the case.
And to be clear, I am not Russian. I am an American, a proud and patriotic American, of Russian ancestry.
Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:57 pmI just think you are proving why American politics are shit. It's like 60% of the voters root for their side like this is team sports or pro wrestling. Nothing is that simple.
Agreed, which is why I don't involve myself in "rooting for a side". I'm not cheerleading for the right. It's just that the right is almost always... well, right, and the left is almost always wrong.
Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:57 pmIt looks more to me like the Ukraine forced Putins hand more than anything Biden did, by cracking down on his influence in their country. Just like in 2014 it was Ukranian and Russian politics pushing the events. We are just along for the ride.
They didn't force anything. He invaded because he chose to. Nothing Ukraine did necessitated an invasion. President Putin saw the Alzheimers patient's weakness and mental infirmity as an opening and took it. It's that simple. Just like he saw Hussein's weakness and make-America-look-like-a-bitch agenda as an opening and took it when he invaded Crimea.
Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:57 pmJudging from Trump's desire to end and keep us out of conflicts (by far his best trait) and the way he typically treats dictators and such, I don't see him doing anything different than Biden in this same scenario. You can play the stupid game that Putin would never try this with Trump but that is the definition of an opinion. Not data or provable fact.
Except it is provable fact. And I'll do you a favor and prove it: Did he try it with President Trump?

No, he did not. Thus proving that he would not try it with President Trump. He knew better. President Trump was an actual leader, unlike Hussein and the Alzheimers patient, and Putin knew that.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Deathproof wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:20 pm I am well aware that President Putin was in the KGB. So what? I feel like -- and correct me if I'm wrong here -- you're implying that the KGB, and by extension its personnel, were inherently evil, which is not the case.
And to be clear, I am not Russian. I am an American, a proud and patriotic American, of Russian ancestry.
My next non fiction read will definitely be about Russia since the Revolution until present day. I would like to learn how all the different arms of the Soviet Union worked together. Especially the KGB. But yes they are typically referred to in a negative light. Deservedly or not.
Deathproof wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:20 pm Agreed, which is why I don't involve myself in "rooting for a side". I'm not cheerleading for the right. It's just that the right is almost always... well, right, and the left is almost always wrong.
That looks like Da Bears to me. :lol:

Both sides are typically wrong in my experience.
Deathproof wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:20 pm They didn't force anything. He invaded because he chose to. Nothing Ukraine did necessitated an invasion. President Putin saw the Alzheimers patient's weakness and mental infirmity as an opening and took it. It's that simple. Just like he saw Hussein's weakness and make-America-look-like-a-bitch agenda as an opening and took it when he invaded Crimea.
Give this a thought and see if any of these factors might have contributed to Putin not continuing to invaded Ukraine for 7 years after annexing Crimea.
1)The two Russian majority regions of Ukraine began separist movements and carved out Kremlim controlled land in the "Ukraine". He supported this conflict through proxy while denying he was doing so. An invasion would obviously be different language.

2)The Kremlin controlled opposition party in the Ukraine was gaining momentum and winning a large share of the parliament. He supported these parties and helped push the narrative that Russia was the real protector of the Ukraine through Kremlin controlled Ukranian media.

3)He made energy deals with Europe (especially Germany) that he thought would protect his political interests because they would have a way to control energy flowing to Europe.

4)Russia was at the table negotiating Minsk agreements in 2014 and 2015. Seeking a political solution to the conflict.

5)Not only was the US president not supporting expanding NATO into Ukraine during 2016-2019, he was publicly talking about pulling the US outfof the agreement. Something that would have pleased Putin immensely. Either way it showed cracks in the alliance that Putin could look to exploit.

6)Ukranian President cracks down on the opposition party and arrests one of Putins main Ukranian allies. They also shut down Kremlin run media. Ukraine also starts to pull away from the Minsk agreements due to Russian actions.

Could any of those factors (actually occurring in the region) dictate the timing of this conflict? Or is it just "Biden sucks, now is the time" for you?

Deathproof wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:20 pm Except it is provable fact. And I'll do you a favor and prove it: Did he try it with President Trump?

No, he did not. Thus proving that he would not try it with President Trump. He knew better. President Trump was an actual leader, unlike Hussein and the Alzheimers patient, and Putin knew that.
Da Bears!
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/u ... h-treason/

Goddam. That link really takes one into the weeds.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Give this some thought.

Is it possible that Kim Jong Un also pretty much stopped testing long range missiles during Trump and restarted them during Biden for some of the same reasons that Putin stopped annexing countries during Trump and started back during Biden?
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Burn1dwn wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:04 am
Deathproof wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:20 pm I am well aware that President Putin was in the KGB. So what? I feel like -- and correct me if I'm wrong here -- you're implying that the KGB, and by extension its personnel, were inherently evil, which is not the case.
My next non fiction read will definitely be about Russia since the Revolution until present day. I would like to learn how all the different arms of the Soviet Union worked together. Especially the KGB. But yes they are typically referred to in a negative light. Deservedly or not.
Not.
Deathproof wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:20 pm Agreed, which is why I don't involve myself in "rooting for a side". I'm not cheerleading for the right. It's just that the right is almost always... well, right, and the left is almost always wrong.
That looks like Da Bears to me. :lol:

Both sides are typically wrong in my experience.
Well, the left is. The right isn't.
Deathproof wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:20 pm They didn't force anything. He invaded because he chose to. Nothing Ukraine did necessitated an invasion. President Putin saw the Alzheimers patient's weakness and mental infirmity as an opening and took it. It's that simple. Just like he saw Hussein's weakness and make-America-look-like-a-bitch agenda as an opening and took it when he invaded Crimea.
Give this a thought and see if any of these factors might have contributed to Putin not continuing to invaded Ukraine for 7 years after annexing Crimea.
1)The two Russian majority regions of Ukraine began separist movements and carved out Kremlim controlled land in the "Ukraine". He supported this conflict through proxy while denying he was doing so. An invasion would obviously be different language.

2)The Kremlin controlled opposition party in the Ukraine was gaining momentum and winning a large share of the parliament. He supported these parties and helped push the narrative that Russia was the real protector of the Ukraine through Kremlin controlled Ukranian media.

3)He made energy deals with Europe (especially Germany) that he thought would protect his political interests because they would have a way to control energy flowing to Europe.

4)Russia was at the table negotiating Minsk agreements in 2014 and 2015. Seeking a political solution to the conflict.

5)Not only was the US president not supporting expanding NATO into Ukraine during 2016-2019, he was publicly talking about pulling the US outfof the agreement. Something that would have pleased Putin immensely. Either way it showed cracks in the alliance that Putin could look to exploit.

6)Ukranian President cracks down on the opposition party and arrests one of Putins main Ukranian allies. They also shut down Kremlin run media. Ukraine also starts to pull away from the Minsk agreements due to Russian actions.

Could any of those factors (actually occurring in the region) dictate the timing of this conflict? Or is it just "Biden sucks, now is the time" for you?
The only thing dictating the timing of this invasion is President Putin. None of those things you mentioned necessitated an invasion.

Deathproof wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:20 pm Except it is provable fact. And I'll do you a favor and prove it: Did he try it with President Trump?

Da Bears!
Nope. Undeniable, historical, factual fact. Unless you'd like to point out to us a point in time during President Trump's first term when Putin did pull shit like this? I'll wait.

Oh, you can't? Didn't think so. My point stands.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Charliesheen wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:27 am https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/u ... h-treason/

Goddam. That link really takes one into the weeds.
Yeah. I like that format. Not sure if it's a transcript or just the style but hearing it from different perspectives really drives it home.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Deathproof wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:49 am
The only thing dictating the timing of this invasion is President Putin. None of those things you mentioned necessitated an invasion.
I agree. I just believe he is reacting to the Ukranian hardline tactics of the past year more than testing Biden.

As a side note, Putin's right hand man in the Ukraine not only survived the Trump term (even though he was sanctioned by US in 2014), he thrived, gaining money, power and influence while Putin meddled in the separist regions and helped destabilize the country. Trump really had them shaking in their boots.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

And the butt fucking of Biden and NATO by Putin has begun.
Putin has basically told Biden, Europe and NATO to "Go fuck yourself" right to their faces. Zero fucks given.
Right off the bat after Shit Show was elected China told our people over there to bend over for "anal Covid swabs" and its been down hill since.
Soon China will move on Taiwan. Zero fucks given.
Hey, but at least we dont have mean tweets anymore.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Burn1dwn wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:32 am
Deathproof wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:49 am
I agree. I just believe he is reacting to the Ukranian hardline tactics of the past year more than testing Biden.

As a side note, Putin's right hand man in the Ukraine not only survived the Trump term (even though he was sanctioned by US in 2014), he thrived, gaining money, power and influence while Putin meddled in the separist regions and helped destabilize the country. Trump really had them shaking in their boots.
Did Russia invade Ukraine during President Trump's first term?

I'll answer for you: No. They did not. Putin knew better.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Do all shitty actors just get into politics or what? He didn't even believe the shit he was saying.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Charliesheen wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:47 am
Christ