I was told there is no crisis

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: I was told there is no crisis

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:37 pmYeah, 22 total
Imagine if a few them had gas. I was at a BBQ yesterday and I had to keep walking away from everyone. I was farting so bad AOC wants to ban me.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Biker wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:53 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:47 pm
Biker wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:45 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:40 pm So we need a border wall built within the next week? Or should we all travel to the southern border and link arms?
Nah, let 'em all in and just say fuck borders and laws and shit
No one here says that
Just like no one here said we need to have a wall next week or to link arm and arm
Trump declared an emergency to fund his wall and sent the military to hang out there so he apparently thinks so.
wut?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

So it seems there is yet another totally non-existent, completely made up by conservatives caravan forming to make its way up here. So what do we do when it gets here and all those people want to come in?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:31 am So it seems there is yet another totally non-existent, completely made up by conservatives caravan forming to make its way up here. So what do we do when it gets here and all those people want to come in?
Same thing we did last time. We pay people to sit at the border and not let them do what they want
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:31 am So it seems there is yet another totally non-existent, completely made up by conservatives caravan forming to make its way up here. So what do we do when it gets here and all those people want to come in?
More people come and we continue to claim we don't have the resources to handle all of them. So hmmmmm...this is a real brain-bender....maybe we allocate more resources to handling the people that keep coming? He declared an emergency that apparently the only answer to is to attempt to build a wall for that even by the most generous time frame estimates wouldn't be completed for years.

If security was the legitimate concern and thwarting this fake emergency was the aim he'd say ok, we can send more resources to the border to deal with the people as opposed to just sending troops to build barbwire fences. But we know that isn't the case. This is nothing but a political ploy to feed red meat to his base just like every other issue is for Trump.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

I blame Biker.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Good
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

The one thing that tells the tale for me on the border is, if you are a rich bastard, you are welcome. If you can smooze with Trump, smell his urine underwear odor, and make your pitch for something that will benefit him or his cronies, you can get right in. Ordinary folks, not gonna happen.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

DandyDon wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:50 am The one thing that tells the tale for me on the border is, if you are a rich bastard, you are welcome. If you can smooze with Trump, smell his urine underwear odor, and make your pitch for something that will benefit him or his cronies, you can get right in. Ordinary folks, not gonna happen.
You realize "ordinary folk" get in all the time, right? Legal immigration is estimated to be about 700,000-1,500,000 per year. What you are saying is that if you simply show up to the border you should be let in. Thats dumb and dangerous. The statistics show that "ordinary folks" who have applied legally get in by the bunches. Why do you hate following the law?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigra ... ted_States
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:20 am
DandyDon wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:50 am The one thing that tells the tale for me on the border is, if you are a rich bastard, you are welcome. If you can smooze with Trump, smell his urine underwear odor, and make your pitch for something that will benefit him or his cronies, you can get right in. Ordinary folks, not gonna happen.
You realize "ordinary folk" get in all the time, right? Legal immigration is estimated to be about 700,000-1,500,000 per year. What you are saying is that if you simply show up to the border you should be let in. Thats dumb and dangerous. The statistics show that "ordinary folks" who have applied legally get in by the bunches. Why do you hate following the law?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigra ... ted_States
Again...the answer is in the lack of resources devoted to processing both legal and illegal immigrants. The process can take years for legal applicants which clearly leaves that as not a viable option for someone who is fleeing a shit situation. So your premise is disingenuous in that it ignores reality.

Devote more resources to speeding up the process for legal applicants and you make it a more viable option for many that are weighing the decision to just come in illegally. And we clearly should be devoting more resources to dealing with the people who do decide to come illegally that goes beyond just building walls and fences.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

I guess alarmists claiming the system is at a "breaking point" are credible to Biker when he agrees with them. Yawn.

Let's see how many times biker can ignore this chart to declare how much of an emergency the fake crisis at the border is. Over/under is 50 times.

stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

Biker wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:44 pm If you would read my initial comment, I was clear that they had not consulted Search Engine Hammy about this. Clearly, these CBP chiefs are just Trumpers corrupted by Putin
Dramatic much? Looks like the CBP guys solution is the same thing AH and I have been advocating for the entire time:
quote wrote:McAleenan said that Congress needs to come up with legislative solutions to expedite political asylum claims made by migrants.
stymiegreen wrote:Devote more resources to speeding up the process for legal applicants and you make it a more viable option for many that are weighing the decision to just come in illegally
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

"This is America!! Not Spanish!!!" Another Trump University graduate.

I blame Biker.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

Biker wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:37 pm
stymiegreen wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:04 pm
stymiegreen wrote:Devote more resources to speeding up the process for legal applicants and you make it a more viable option for many that are weighing the decision to just come in illegally
Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy too?
Why did you leave out the quote from the article YOU posted where the guy advocated the same thing I said? Oh, that's right...because you're a tedious twat with selective amnesia. Lulz. Carry on with your great point then so it can be refuted the next time you pretend you never saw it responded to before. Which should be in about 10 minutes.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

This is the type of vindictive shit Trump is pulling even on the immigrants who have skills and a desire to work and are going through the process legally. I'd love to see the justification for this.
quote wrote:With employment authorization in limbo, H-4 and H-1B visa holders eye uncertain future

“These people are on the list for a green card, and they are going through the process just like they are supposed to.”

March 21, 2019, 12:11 PM EDT

By Lakshmi Gandhi
Priya Chandrasekaran didn’t know what to expect when she left India for the United States just a few days after getting married in June 2010.

Her husband was working on an H-1B visa granted to nonimmigrants with skills in specialized fields like teaching and computer programming. Their first month together there was “very chill,” she recalled, "but then he would go to work and I would just cook, clean and do laundry.”

Because she came to the U.S. on an H-4 spousal visa, Chandrasekaran was unable to apply for jobs that would not sponsor her for her own work visa. Frustrated with her inability to build a career, she found herself growing increasingly unhappy.

“I kept saying: ‘We are moving back. I want to move back so that I can go back to work,’” Chandrasekaran, who now lives in Seattle with her family, said.

But Chandrasekaran's life improved once she was authorized for employment in 2015 after the Obama administration issued a rule that allowed those on spousal visas to work if their spouse was applying to become a lawful permanent resident. According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, there have been close to 91,000 initial approved applications. H-1B visas and H-4 employment authorization decisions are generally renewable.

Now, as the Trump administration considers rescinding that decision, Chandrasekaran is one of many H-4 visa holders who are now concerned that their ability to work might disappear.

In February, the Office of Management and Budget received a proposed regulation from the Department of Homeland Security about the future of work authorization for H-1B spouses. The proposed change would strip employment authorization from the spouses of H-1B visa recipients.

“No decision about the regulation concerning the employment eligibility of certain H-4 spouses is final until the rule-making process is complete,” a USCIS spokesperson told NBC News in February.

Claire Pratt, an immigration attorney at Jewell Stewart & Pratt in San Francisco, noted that most employment authorization holders are from India and China, countries with immigration backlogs of at least a decade for those applying for permanent residency.

“These people are on the list for a green card, and they are going through the process just like they are supposed to,” Pratt said. “Now the administration is saying that even though you are doing all of the right things, you can’t work while you are waiting for a green card. So how would any of us feel?”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-amer ... d_nn_tw_ma
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

There are a shit ton of Americans who are pissed because even though those immigrants may be skilled, they are driving down wages for some skilled workers overall. Its a tough spot because there is no doubt that in certain industries there is a shortage of labor yet at the same time many Americans already employed in those fields are seeing their wages suppressed by these new comers willing to do the work for less. I like the idea of skilled workers coming in; thats who we SHOULD be letting in, but on the flip side I dont like seeing current American wages take a hit because of it.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

If you had to pay 'muricans enough to do the labour of fruit picking and the like, a shit ton of produce will rot in the fields, unemployment will surge as businesses fold and anyone below the 1% who isn't doing the crappy labour is going to notice being suddenly poorer when their cost of living goes up. Cheap labour has its pluses.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Picking fruit is skilled labor?
That take a trade school or 4 year degree?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Antknot wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:41 pm Picking fruit is skilled labor?
That take a trade school or 4 year degree?
Skilled labour gets paid as skilled labour, visas are issued for the skills sought because there is a shortage. Immigration lowers the cost of cheap labour. Without amnesty and a guest worker program the gop plans would be a major economic shock, which is why the proponents of it keep getting busted with mexican nannies and illegal workers.
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

Actually, it is. To do it at a pace to make it profitable without bruising the product (cant sell ruined fruit, or it rots the whole basket) handling a 50+ bag of fruit on your hip while on a ladder, working around moving equipment and toxic chemicals, ect. You give it a try sometime. I've worked at an orchard when I was a kid, and working the peach shed was the first job for many of us back in the early 70s. Back then kids as young as 9-10 would run the wash line picking out leaves ect as the peaches came floating down.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

DandyDon wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:56 pm
Actually, it is. To do it at a pace to make it profitable without bruising the product (cant sell ruined fruit, or it rots the whole basket) handling a 50+ bag of fruit on your hip while on a ladder, working around moving equipment and toxic chemicals, ect. You give it a try sometime. I've worked at an orchard when I was a kid, and working the peach shed was the first job for many of us back in the early 70s.
No large farms where I grew up. I went in a coal mine once, decided I had a burning desire to learn electronics.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Biker wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:42 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:39 pm If you had to pay 'muricans enough to do the labour of fruit picking and the like, a shit ton of produce will rot in the fields, unemployment will surge as businesses fold and anyone below the 1% who isn't doing the crappy labour is going to notice being suddenly poorer when their cost of living goes up. Cheap labour has its pluses.
It used to be the Pakis and Dots that did that for you people over there. Isnt it the Eastern Euros now that perform menial tasks?
They're still here, staffing restaurants and driving taxis. Seasonal workers are mostly coming from the poorer eastern european countries like Romania, but there's also the skilled trades like bricklaying, electricians, plumbers. Huge number of skilled Poles doing those things. They're doing them because nowhere near enough british people get trained to though, not because they work cheaper and drive them out. It's a problem with the educational system, we need to start training 16 year olds in the trades if they show an aptitude and enjoyment, rather than pushing them all to do the A levels in whatever that are the next step to a degree in whatever. Brexit would create a major, major skills shortage.
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

Antknot wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:01 pm
DandyDon wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:56 pm
Actually, it is. To do it at a pace to make it profitable without bruising the product (cant sell ruined fruit, or it rots the whole basket) handling a 50+ bag of fruit on your hip while on a ladder, working around moving equipment and toxic chemicals, ect. You give it a try sometime. I've worked at an orchard when I was a kid, and working the peach shed was the first job for many of us back in the early 70s.
No large farms where I grew up. I went in a coal mine once, decided I had a burning desire to learn electronics.
I spent a lot of hours here for $1.45 an hr.

AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

https://www.ft.com/content/0c1db8f6-44e ... d669740bfb

Little case study in this from the FT. Iowa has the lowest unemployment in the nation at 2.4%. The article focuses on a pig processing plant in Steve King's district which has starting pay already double the minimum wage, employs 50% immigrants and can't fill all its vacancies to reach peak production. It loses big margins to turnover at 2 - 2.5% every week with the subsequent training costs - it turns out slaughtering and butchering pigs all day in a refrigerated plant is just really shitty work. What places like that need is a liberal guest worker program. Hardworking unskilled migrants who will stick with the shitty work and work hard because to them it's actually good money. What their representative is fighting for is to restrict their workforce and raise their costs. Probably popular with a lot of their low information workers who will also vote to take away their own healthcare without knowing they are doing it, but the real political power is with donors, not voters, and they're getting fucked.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

$3.50 an hour. Whowhee had some crazy commutes home when the weather turned to crap.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.