Another mass shooting

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:06 pm There's a gun shop about two miles from my house.

I might go check it out this coming weekend.
if you really want to enjoy your rights as an American, just sit on your couch and buy one online at MidwayUSA. They will ship to a licensed gun dealer that probably lives within a few blocks of your house and you can stop by his house and fill out your background check on his kitchen table and be out of there in about 10 minutes.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

peterosehaircut wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:35 pm Dot is obviously an idiot who thinks she has won the argument by bringing nothing to the table.
It is 100% fact that you could still buy an AR15 during the ban. I'm not aware of any actual guns being banned during that time nor can I find anything online that lists any actual firearms that were banned.
If it’s 100% fact, then that should be fairly easy to prove rather than just saying it and expecting that to be the same weight as proof contrary to your claim. Let’s start with the list of weapons banned by the 1994 act, and the magazine restrictions that went with them. I’m waiting for you to do some actual work though. Of the two of us, only one has quoted any source which is decidedly more than your unsourced opinion. Figure it out.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Biker wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:10 pm
saltydog wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:06 pm There's a gun shop about two miles from my house.

I might go check it out this coming weekend.
Dont forget your Midol. You may need it
Personal experience or like vaccines, just hogwash?
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

The AR-15 used to be illegal. President Bill Clinton’s assault weapons ban, which was in effect from 1994 to 2004, banned the AR-15 and other guns that were too similar to military-style weapons. However, this law did not prohibit Americans from owning semi-automatic weapons;1 it capped how many military features an individual gun could have. During the ban, a semi-automatic rifle like the AR-15 could legally have any one of the following features, as long as it didn’t have two or more of them: a folding stock (making the gun slightly easier to conceal), a pistol grip (making the weapon easier to hold and use), a bayonet mount, a flash suppressor (making it harder to see where shots are coming from), or a grenade launcher.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/gu ... ly-banned/
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:39 pm
The AR-15 used to be illegal. President Bill Clinton’s assault weapons ban, which was in effect from 1994 to 2004, banned the AR-15 and other guns that were too similar to military-style weapons. However, this law did not prohibit Americans from owning semi-automatic weapons;1 it capped how many military features an individual gun could have. During the ban, a semi-automatic rifle like the AR-15 could legally have any one of the following features, as long as it didn’t have two or more of them: a folding stock (making the gun slightly easier to conceal), a pistol grip (making the weapon easier to hold and use), a bayonet mount, a flash suppressor (making it harder to see where shots are coming from), or a grenade launcher.
You missed a key fact in your own source, which directly disproves Pete's original claim. Thanks for stepping up and confirming what I said, or at least the part you cared to address. There's still the list of weapons and the totality of the ban like capacity restrictions still waiting to be disproved.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:07 am
You missed a key fact in your own source, which directly disproves Pete's original claim. Thanks for stepping up and confirming what I said, or at least the part you cared to address. There's still the list of weapons and the totality of the ban like capacity restrictions still waiting to be disproved.
i didn't miss it. i posted it. but i'm not sure i understand what it is saying exactly. was it legal to buy an AR-15 as long as it only had one of those modifications? Or was it only legal to own one that had been previously bought or manufactured prior to 1994 that only had one of those modifications? Because it doesn't distinguish between the two.

I know it was still legal to purchase an AR-15 that had a manufacture date prior to the date of the new law.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Meanwhile in Texas...

The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i am going to call complete bullshit on that story. provide me a news link from a credible source that says that 17 people pulled guns on the guy stabbing her. because in texas, if that happened, that killer would be shot so full of holes you wouldn't even need to cremate him.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:58 am i am going to call complete bullshit on that story. provide me a news link from a credible source that says that 17 people pulled guns on the guy stabbing her. because in texas, if that happened, that killer would be shot so full of holes you wouldn't even need to cremate him.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... menubutton
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:10 am
Animal wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:58 am i am going to call complete bullshit on that story. provide me a news link from a credible source that says that 17 people pulled guns on the guy stabbing her. because in texas, if that happened, that killer would be shot so full of holes you wouldn't even need to cremate him.
do you care to change your story?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

For those (like salty) that don't read anything, there was a witness that heard her screams and saw the guy. he hollered at him and spooked him. the guy ran off and while he was running at least 17 people ran out of their apartments with guns. but the guy was apprehended a few blocks away. No one with a gun saw him stabbing the woman. they said the killer was a homeless guy that lived under a bridge near by. and he appeared to be on a drugs.
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

Animal wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:21 am
dot wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:07 am
i didn't miss it. i posted it. but i'm not sure i understand what it is saying exactly. was it legal to buy an AR-15 as long as it only had one of those modifications? Or was it only legal to own one that had been previously bought or manufactured prior to 1994 that only had one of those modifications? Because it doesn't distinguish between the two.

I know it was still legal to purchase an AR-15 that had a manufacture date prior to the date of the new law.
Here is one link that I found that shows that a whole bunch of AR15 or manufactured during the time that the assault weapons ban was in effect.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/AR15- ... 18-745564/

1998 -- 74,231
1999 -- 117,958
2000 -- 89,294
2001 -- 64,805
2002 -- 91,552
2003 -- 118,461
2004 -- 101,176

Now why would a gun manufacturer produce rifles that were illegal to sell?
So yes you could purchase a newly manufactured AR 15 as long as it didn’t have two or more of the cosmetic features mentioned.
Large capacity magazines were banned but you could still buy and own them legally if they were made before 94. Surplus mags were all over the place at the time.
Your link also mentions that other firearms were also banned but I have been unable to locate a source telling me which ones.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/03/factc ... an-worked/

Whether or not the ban was actually effective is debatable.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:13 am
Wait, you mean yet another Salty Twitter post is absolute bullshit?
Poor Salty. Maybe someday one of his Twitter posts might be accurate.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:21 am i didn't miss it. i posted it. but i'm not sure i understand what it is saying exactly.
It was illegal to buy the gun as it was many others. That's what it's saying which is what I've been saying. From personal experience, one of my family members owns such a weapon and while I was young so dating it before or after the ban is going to be impossible, I can say I know enough that the rifle in my family had to be sold unable to become fully automatic. That doesn't really help because I don't think you can do that even today, though there are separate (for lack of better word) "kits" sold that could or can convert such a weapon to fully automatic. Yet another reason for better laws, but the key takeaway is that this weapon and others were in fact banned with the 1994 ban along with magazine restrictions. It never did not ban any weapons, and it never dealt with only cosmetic features, as was the claim.
peterosehaircut

dot wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:41 am
Animal wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:21 am i didn't miss it. i posted it. but i'm not sure i understand what it is saying exactly.
It was illegal to buy the gun as it was many others. That's what it's saying which is what I've been saying. From personal experience, one of my family members owns such a weapon and while I was young so dating it before or after the ban is going to be impossible, I can say I know enough that the rifle in my family had to be sold unable to become fully automatic. That doesn't really help because I don't think you can do that even today, though there are separate (for lack of better word) "kits" sold that could or can convert such a weapon to fully automatic. Yet another reason for better laws, but the key takeaway is that this weapon and others were in fact banned with the 1994 ban along with magazine restrictions. It never did not ban any weapons, and it never dealt with only cosmetic features, as was the claim.
If you re-read animal's post
Animal wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:39 pm The AR-15 used to be illegal. President Bill Clinton’s assault weapons ban, which was in effect from 1994 to 2004, banned the AR-15 and other guns that were too similar to military-style weapons. However, this law did not prohibit Americans from owning semi-automatic weapons;1 it capped how many military features an individual gun could have. During the ban, a semi-automatic rifle like the AR-15 could legally have any one of the following features, as long as it didn’t have two or more of them: a folding stock (making the gun slightly easier to conceal), a pistol grip (making the weapon easier to hold and use), a bayonet mount, a flash suppressor (making it harder to see where shots are coming from), or a grenade launcher.
You can clearly see it states that AR-15s were still legal to own as long as they had less than 2 of the cosmetic features mentioned.
I also showed that gun manufacturers continued to build large numbers of AR-15s while the assault weapons ban was in effect. Why would gun manufacturers continue to produce rifles that were illegal to sell?
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:57 am
Animal wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:13 am
Wait, you mean yet another Salty Twitter post is absolute bullshit?
Poor Salty. Maybe someday one of his Twitter posts might be accurate.
Yes, like the gunshots that ring out from a weapon that far, far, surpasses the expectations of the people who originally drafted the 2nd Amendment.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Mass Shooting in Japan. Shooter is now barricaded in a Japan post office. This problem is world wide, despite what they want you to believe.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/31/asia/jap ... index.html

dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

peterosehaircut wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:47 am If you re-read animal's post
Animal wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:39 pm The AR-15 used to be illegal. President Bill Clinton’s assault weapons ban, which was in effect from 1994 to 2004, banned the AR-15 and other guns that were too similar to military-style weapons. However, this law did not prohibit Americans from owning semi-automatic weapons;1 it capped how many military features an individual gun could have. During the ban, a semi-automatic rifle like the AR-15 could legally have any one of the following features, as long as it didn’t have two or more of them: a folding stock (making the gun slightly easier to conceal), a pistol grip (making the weapon easier to hold and use), a bayonet mount, a flash suppressor (making it harder to see where shots are coming from), or a grenade launcher.
You can clearly see it states that AR-15s were still legal to own as long as they had less than 2 of the cosmetic features mentioned.
I also showed that gun manufacturers continued to build large numbers of AR-15s while the assault weapons ban was in effect. Why would gun manufacturers continue to produce rifles that were illegal to sell?
peterosehaircut wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:04 am Any reduction in gun violence during the "assault weapons ban" was not due to the law. Not a single semi automatic rifle was actually banned.
As a matter of fact more AR15s were produced during the decade the ban was in effect than the 30 years prior. It only banned certain cosmetic features.
And if you reread what he said and you said versus what I showed you from the beginning, maybe you’d have a leg to stand on. Fact is you said no weapons were banned. Only cosmetics were banned. You were blatantly wrong. Animal’s quote only further confirmed that. I give him props though for actually looking into it, he went further than you were willing.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:22 pm Mass Shooting in Japan. Shooter is now barricaded in a Japan post office. This problem is world wide, despite what they want you to believe.

Wow. You found one incident. Congrats.

Now go look up how often this happens in Japan on annual basis, or maybe per capita basis rather than justifying you're beliefs with a single example.
peterosehaircut

dot wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:38 pm
peterosehaircut wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:47 am If you re-read animal's post
peterosehaircut wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:04 am Any reduction in gun violence during the "assault weapons ban" was not due to the law. Not a single semi automatic rifle was actually banned.
As a matter of fact more AR15s were produced during the decade the ban was in effect than the 30 years prior. It only banned certain cosmetic features.
And if you reread what he said and you said versus what I showed you from the beginning, maybe you’d have a leg to stand on. Fact is you said no weapons were banned. Only cosmetics were banned. You were blatantly wrong. Animal’s quote only further confirmed that. I give him props though for actually looking into it, he went further than you were willing.
This will be my last post on this subject because you obviously have nothing, refuse to look at the evidence that is right in front of your face, and continue to double down on stupid.

A little bit about me, I live in rural Nebraska I belong to a gun club and have been a life long avid hunter
and shooter. In 94 I was a young man who was just starting to build his gun collection. I lived through the assault weapons ban and although I am not a fan of the .223 round and don't personally own an AR 15, I have a couple of close friends that did buy them during the ban. So I can tell you with 100% certainly that you could buy a newly manufactured AR15 at the time.
Also you have also refused to answer the question, if AR-15s were illegal to sell at the time, why did gun manufacturers continue to make them?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:40 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:22 pm Mass Shooting in Japan. Shooter is now barricaded in a Japan post office. This problem is world wide, despite what they want you to believe.

Now go look up how often this happens in Japan on annual basis, or maybe per capita basis rather than justifying you're beliefs with a single example.
it happened today. don't pretend that i had to scour around to uncover some obscure incident.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:18 pm

it happened today. don't pretend that i had to scour around to uncover some obscure incident.
Good ignorant GOP lapdog.

Go have a cinnamon roll.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:21 pm

Go have a cinnamon roll.
i'm sorry i couldn't have found some fake story about 17 armed citizens that watched a murder and did nothing.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:26 pm
saltydog wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:21 pm

Go have a cinnamon roll.
i'm sorry i couldn't have found some fake story about 17 armed citizens that watched a murder and did nothing.
Obviously not qualified to be called a "well regulated" militia.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

What is the deal with this potential mass shooter that was found dead in a Colorado amusement park? He was 20 years old and had bombs and ghost guns that he had assembled himself (even though Biden outlawed those). He was found in a woman's bathroom dead from a self inflicted bullet. There was a note on the wall of the bathroom that said "I am not a killer. I just wanted to see the caves".

He was found before the place opened, and they say that this amusement park is on top of a mountain and only accessible by a gondola ride. There are just too many questions to ask in this one.