Re: UJ Photo Thread

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: UJR Photography Thread nsfw

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:34 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:12 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:44 pm Here's my steps:

1. Go to https://imgur.com/t/upload

2. Top left there is a green box that says "New Post". Click that box.

3. Toward the middle right of the screen select "Choose Photo/Video"

4. Then go to the location you have that photo saved on your hard drive. Select it and click "Open".

5. The picture should show up after a couple of seconds on Imgur. When it does, right click and choose "Copy Image Address"

6. Then come here and put that into [ img] blahblahblahblah.jpg [ /img]

Example that I just did using these instructions:

Excellent. Thank you, kind Sir. I believe you deserve this even before I try that.
How did you post that picture?
I've thought for a long time that you were getting more retarded by the day. I've only recently realized that's its more like by the hour.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

disco.moon wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:42 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:37 pm Image
And perfect. Thanks Animal
Nice recovery!
Yeah, just had the one step I was missing from getting them off the hard drive. Animal saved me tons of time figuring it out.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

so they are still drilling out there. is that considered Permian?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:51 pm so they are still drilling out there. is that considered Permian?
Big time Permian. Those aren't drilling rigs. They are workover rigs. Go down into existing wells and frack, acidize and all the things they do to increase production.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:55 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:51 pm so they are still drilling out there. is that considered Permian?
Big time Permian. Those aren't drilling rigs. They are workover rigs. Go down into existing wells and frack, acidize and all the things they do to increase production.
ok. that's what i thought. i was thinking that the majority was going into old wells and using new technology to get more oil. But that thing is so tall. Do they still have to run pipe down the well in order to frac it?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:57 pm
ok. that's what i thought. i was thinking that the majority was going into old wells and using new technology to get more oil. But that thing is so tall. Do they still have to run pipe down the well in order to frac it?
That rig is a shrimp compared to the actual drilling rigs out there. And no, when they get on the well, they pull out out all the casing (pipe), do all their magic tricks and put it all back in when they are done.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:08 pm
That rig is a shrimp compared to the actual drilling rigs out there. And no, when they get on the well, they pull out out all the casing (pipe), do all their magic tricks and put it all back in when they are done.
so if they aren't running drill stem or any kind of casing, why does the rig over the well have to be so tall? I can't tell how tall it is in that picture, but it looks to be at least 50 foot or more comparing it to that pickup parked beside it.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:16 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:08 pm
so if they aren't running drill stem or any kind of casing, why does the rig over the well have to be so tall? I can't tell how tall it is in that picture, but it looks to be at least 50 foot or more comparing it to that pickup parked beside it.
I actually took one photo from their same level as I was heading uphill. Let me see if I can find it.
Big rig to the far left for perspective
Last edited by CentralTexasCrude on Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

yeah, that has got to be 70 feet tall? That almost looks like it could be a drill rig capable of 2 joints of pipe at a time. If its not drilling, why does it have to be that tall?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:27 pm yeah, that has got to be 70 feet tall? That almost looks like it could be a drill rig capable of 2 joints of pipe at a time. If its not drilling, why does it have to be that tall?
Don't know. Once they telescope it it down for moving to the next well, it's not very tall (long). Wells are shallow there. Others are much deeper. Maybe they have to build it that tall for all situations. I've never worked on a rig of any kind.
theclap
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by theclap »

Animal wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:27 pm yeah, that has got to be 70 feet tall? That almost looks like it could be a drill rig capable of 2 joints of pipe at a time. If its not drilling, why does it have to be that tall?
To pull out casing?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

theclap wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:35 pm
To pull out casing?
yeah, but he said they are not drilling. I'll be honest, that thing looks like a drilling rig.

This is a picture of a random Permian drill rig.

those dark things on the left of the rig, about 2/3 the height are drill pipe waiting to be attached. Those are probably 2 sections already joined that can be put in together to speed things up. They can go as many as 3 sections with a taller rig.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Anyway, I activated this phone right when I started this job. Haven't even had time to "play" with the photo/video features. Supposedly, this phone has some pretty awesome capability for it's price range. 3 different photo lenses and video. Spent a couple of hours the last day taking some quick shots before I took a couple of weeks off. I need to check out the different lenses. Any idea of the video feature also working through Imgur? I need to find my favorite tree around here like dm.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:40 pm
To pull out casing?
yeah, but he said they are not drilling. I'll be honest, that thing looks like a drilling rig.

those dark things on the left of the rig, about 2/3 the height are drill pipe waiting to be attached. Those are probably 2 sections already joined that can be put in together to speed things up. They can go as many as 3 sections with a taller rig.
I think you may be over focused on the height. The workover rig I showed you (once it's telescoped down) can be driven on 6 wheels with it's whole service equipment in a trailer hauled by a F-350. That thing you are showing is freaking massive. All the engines, blowout equipment, drilling platforms, etc takes fleets of big rigs to move.
theclap
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by theclap »

Animal wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:40 pm
To pull out casing?

I just assumed you would need a tall tower to pull casing up and take it apart then reinstall it so may resemble a drill rig in that respect. Big tower is a big tower.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:58 pm I think you may be over focused on the height. The workover rig I showed you (once it's telescoped down) can be driven on 6 wheels with it's whole service equipment in a trailer hauled by a F-350. That thing you are showing is freaking massive. All the engines, blowout equipment, drilling platforms, etc takes fleets of big rigs to move.
well, you may be under focusing on my question from the beginning. If it is not a drill rig, why does it need to be 70 feet tall?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

theclap wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:01 pm
I just assumed you would need a tall tower to pull casing up and take it apart then reinstall it so may resemble a drill rig in that respect. Big tower is a big tower.
that may very well be right. but if they are removing casing, that would seem as though they are abandoning the well. Maybe there is a way to remove and replace casing and keep the well in tact. That has to be the answer, but i'm curious of what the process is.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:02 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:58 pm I think you may be over focused on the height. The workover rig I showed you (once it's telescoped down) can be driven on 6 wheels with it's whole service equipment in a trailer hauled by a F-350. That thing you are showing is freaking massive. All the engines, blowout equipment, drilling platforms, etc takes fleets of big rigs to move.
well, you may be under focusing on my question from the beginning. If it is not a drill rig, why does it need to be 70 feet tall?
I told you, I don't know. I'm just saying, standing next to it, it's actually pretty small. Maybe a 5 man crew. That drilling rig you are showing is insane massive. Maybe the new rigs don't need to be so tall anymore with automation and other technologies. Need to be more stout at the base for vertical drilling or something. No idea.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:16 pm
I told you, I don't know. I'm just saying, standing next to it, it's actually pretty small. Maybe a 5 man crew. That drilling rig you are showing is insane massive. Maybe the new rigs don't need to be so tall anymore with automation and other technologies. Need to be more stout at the base for vertical drilling or something. No idea.
i was showing that picture to compare the height. The rig in the picture i posted (the insane massive one) is no taller than the (actually pretty small) one that you posted.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:18 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:16 pm
i was showing that picture to compare the height. The rig in the picture i posted (the insane massive one) is no taller than the (actually pretty small) one that you posted.
The only thing I can think of is those workovers are 20-30 year old drilling rigs that used to be that tall converted to workovers. Oil companies take bids for workovers and don't care how tall they are. I don't have a clue. They don't seem that tall standing next to them.