I was told there is no crisis

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Re: I was told there is no crisis

Post by AnalHamster »

Biker wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:59 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:50 pm Don't you think it's at all strange that your handlers have you harping on about a crisis they've made but won't let you think of any solution other than finishing a wall in 20 years or so? Have you just resigned yourself to 20 years of crisis, or have you not been told to think about it?
I dont have handlers, and I certainly dont rely on search engine results for my opinions. I live in border states and see it first hand the problems we have. And no, its nothing new. Conservatives have been talking about these problems for decades
You clearly do, and they clearly haven't told you what you think on the question you're dodging. Catch and release is simply and easily a problem solved by putting the resources in place to handle the numbers within the legal timeframe allowed. If trump was at all competent he could have had a smooth system in place bouncing back the majority of asylum seekers already. Instead he has you poor dupes bleating about the need for a wall and studiously ignoring the simple fact that it'll take decades to even settle the eminent domain cases.
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Has this been posted?

'We’ve never seen anything like this': As Trump threatens to close border, migrants overwhelm Texas cities
EL PASO – Under a bridge connecting the U.S. with Mexico, dozens of migrant families cram into a makeshift camp set up by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. The families are there because permanent processing facilities have run out of room.

Seven hundred miles east, busload after busload of weary, bedraggled migrants crowd into the Catholic Charities Humanitarian Respite Center in McAllen, Texas. Organizers there are used to handling 200 to 300 migrants a day. Lately, the migrants have been arriving at a clip of around 800 a day, overflowing the respite center and straining city resources.

“It’s staggering,” McAllen City Manager Roy Rodriguez said. “Really, we’ve never seen anything like this before.”

Along the Texas border with Mexico – from El Paso to Eagle Pass to the Rio Grande Valley – masses of migrants have been crossing the border in unprecedented numbers, overwhelming federal holding facilities and sending local leaders and volunteers scrambling to deal with the relentless waves of people.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 309462002/
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Why do we pretend asylum seekers are not economic migrants?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:49 pm Has this been posted?

'We’ve never seen anything like this': As Trump threatens to close border, migrants overwhelm Texas cities
EL PASO – Under a bridge connecting the U.S. with Mexico, dozens of migrant families cram into a makeshift camp set up by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. The families are there because permanent processing facilities have run out of room.

Seven hundred miles east, busload after busload of weary, bedraggled migrants crowd into the Catholic Charities Humanitarian Respite Center in McAllen, Texas. Organizers there are used to handling 200 to 300 migrants a day. Lately, the migrants have been arriving at a clip of around 800 a day, overflowing the respite center and straining city resources.

“It’s staggering,” McAllen City Manager Roy Rodriguez said. “Really, we’ve never seen anything like this before.”

Along the Texas border with Mexico – from El Paso to Eagle Pass to the Rio Grande Valley – masses of migrants have been crossing the border in unprecedented numbers, overwhelming federal holding facilities and sending local leaders and volunteers scrambling to deal with the relentless waves of people.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 309462002/
Yes
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:52 pm Why do we pretend asylum seekers are not economic migrants?
Because asylum seekers are asylum seekers until proved otherwise according to Federal Law
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Cue the marble vid again. These shit-holers need to stay and fix their own corrupt governments. Re: Venezuela
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Biker wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:02 pm
Stapes wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:06 am The new American Gothic

The gals who clean my house are all white. The lawn people are Latino but all speak English
I need some work done around the house: garage cleared out, new tape and paint, LR ceiling painted, etc.
Kids are gone. It would be VERY easy to go a few miles north and pick up some Latino's outside the 7-11. They wait there for work every morning.

But I won't do it. If I'm going to preach against illegal immigrants, then I can't take advantage of their services, unless it is a "no choice" situation, like construction or roofing, etc.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

CaptQuint wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:56 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:52 pm Why do we pretend asylum seekers are not economic migrants?
Because asylum seekers are asylum seekers until proved otherwise according to Federal Law
I'm talking US. You and me. We know what they are. This is a game.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

One HUGE difference between now and many years ago, when I was a kid: Back then, they kept the illegals in the kitchen. They couldn't bus tables, could only wash dishes and do things in the back. That's how America has changed.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:02 pm
I don't know those people or their motivations
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:05 pm One HUGE difference between now and many years ago, when I was a kid: Back then, they kept the illegals in the kitchen. They couldn't bus tables, could only wash dishes and do things in the back. That's how America has changed.
Really? How could you tell? Were they wearing signs that said illegal? Where you peeking in the kitchens of diners?
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

CaptQuint wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:08 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:05 pm One HUGE difference between now and many years ago, when I was a kid: Back then, they kept the illegals in the kitchen. They couldn't bus tables, could only wash dishes and do things in the back. That's how America has changed.
Really? How could you tell? Were they wearing signs that said illegal? Where you peeking in the kitchens of diners?
What a strange comment? I worked with them. I was a teenager working in a restaurant. They told me they weren't allowed to go outside the kitchen, even to pick up bus trays from the counter.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

CaptQuint wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:06 pm
Okay, I'll take it a step further: None of us is really here. They don't exist, and we don't exist, outside of some simulation.
Also, there is no right or wrong, because morality is an abstract conceptual structure meant to work inside our society, which isn't real.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Whatever
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:21 pm
Okay, I'll take it a step further: None of us is really here. They don't exist, and we don't exist, outside of some simulation.
Also, there is no right or wrong, because morality is an abstract conceptual structure meant to work inside our society, which isn't real.
If the simulation is real you still can't operate within it without playing by the rules. And you can't operate outside it, since it's your reality. So really what's the difference if it's real or not?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Trump says he isn't going to 'shoot immigrants but shooting immigrants would be very effective'

https://www.indy100.com/article/trump-s ... ws-8843766
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

AnalHamster wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:01 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:21 pm
If the simulation is real you still can't operate within it without playing by the rules. And you can't operate outside it, since it's your reality. So really what's the difference if it's real or not?
Exactly. You can't fly because that's not the sim. But you can act without remorse, because that's within your control.
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

Like every other Trump idea, this was thoroughly debated with input from experts, and was in no way just fired off in one of Donnie's fevered dreams. Pure Fucking (stable) Genius.

State Department says US cutting off aid to El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/30/politics ... index.html
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Mr. Trump will have his crisis one way or the other
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

You're at 2014 level numbers now, it's unprecedented. And there was just no way of predicting the annual surge that happens every year around this time, it's unforeseeable. Clearly the only reasonable solution is to try and get the wall done by 2040.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

It’s no win. If we block them, we’re blocking “asylum seekers.” If we hold them, we’re being cruel and separating families. If we release them into the interior, they won’t return to court dates.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:42 am It’s no win. If we block them, we’re blocking “asylum seekers.” If we hold them, we’re being cruel and separating families. If we release them into the interior, they won’t return to court dates.
This is basically the plan. Everybody knows this. Its why the caravans keep coming in waves. The goal is to overwhelm the system with any attempts at holding or detaining deemed racist or cruel.

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Trump could very easily have got the resources to increase beds and immigration judges in the two years with full gop control. Even today he could request the resources necessary to ameliorate the crisis he created, what he wants though is the mess. So he can keep pushing for a wall that might get finished a decade or two after he leaves office. It's all about the reelect, dupes.