Bwahahahaha! *UPDATE* Rosenstein and Barr state no Obstuction of Justice and no collusion...Game. Set. Match!

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Bwahahahaha! *UPDATE* Rosenstein and Barr state no Obstuction of Justice and no collusion...Game. Set. Match!

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:29 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:09 pm Trump and co have to try and cover it up because it contains evidence of obstruction and collusion. Pretty simple. If it were simply a case of protecting witness names, that can be achieved with a marker pen. Going to be entertaining to see all the excuses they try and come up with.
I would just assume being a British citizen, you would be more concerned that after your countries citizen's Bretix vote to leave the EU 3 years ago, your MP's are now defying the will of the people. Sounds like you have more pressing concerns close to home vs this Meuller Nothingburger.
Perhaps BECAUSE of the Brexit [proper spelling] situation he has a better understanding and relatability of the current Trump situation than you do.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Re: Bwahahahaha! *UPDATE* Rosenstein and Barr state no Obstuction of Justice and no collusion...Game. Set. Match!

Post by AnalHamster »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:09 pm Trump and co have to try and cover it up because it contains evidence of obstruction and collusion. Pretty simple. If it were simply a case of protecting witness names, that can be achieved with a marker pen. Going to be entertaining to see all the excuses they try and come up with.
I would just assume being a British citizen, you would be more concerned that after your countries citizen's Bretix vote to leave the EU 3 years ago, your MP's are now defying the will of the people. Sounds like you have more pressing concerns close to home vs this Meuller Nothingburger.
You can't really conceive of intelligence, but I can actually take an interest in both things. Hard brexit is not the will of the people, nor is May's deal. A second referendum at this point would return the opposite result, but apparently voting is no longer democratic and can't be countenanced.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

And a Canadian with his own PM's legal troubles. Literally can't make this comedy gold up.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:14 pm
You can't really conceive of intelligence, but I can actually take an interest in both things. Hard brexit is not the will of the people, nor is May's deal. A second referendum at this point would return the opposite result, but apparently voting is no longer democratic and can't be countenanced.
Yeah, we get it. We get the same shit over here. People go to the polls in probably the most important vote the British have held in decades. Simple up/down vote to leave the EU. Voted to leave. Then here comes the Libs outraged and determined to overturn this decidedly outrageous decision against diversity and inclusion. Voters be fucked. Democracy be fucked.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I got my electric bill today
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Actually AH should be cheered about the fact that his country's entire democracy institutions are being subsumed by the country's Labour party. Around here, all it takes is one obscure District judge- Cali and their vote against same sex marriage. Dangerous.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:25 pm
Yeah, we get it. We get the same shit over here. People go to the polls in probably the most important vote the British have held in decades. Simple up/down vote to leave the EU. Voted to leave. Then here comes the Libs outraged and determined to overturn this decidedly outrageous decision against diversity and inclusion. Voters be fucked. Democracy be fucked.
Yeah, that's kind of the point you can't grasp - it never was a simple up or down thing because of the need for a legally binding exit deal covering literally thousands of laws and regulations and governing little things like the trading arrangement with our largest trading partner. It was just presented as a simple thing to people like you, the stupid, and they were told it would all be fine and a magical wonder deal would be achieved. It wasn't. You've got straight with the program on the idea that a second vote would be somehow undemocratic, a neat demonstration of the quality of mind that will accept that a vote is undemocratic. What a terrible blow to democracy it would be to have a vote.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

AnalHamster wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:25 am
Yeah, that's kind of the point you can't grasp - it never was a simple up or down thing because of the need for a legally binding exit deal covering literally thousands of laws and regulations and governing little things like the trading arrangement with our largest trading partner. It was just presented as a simple thing to people like you, the stupid, and they were told it would all be fine and a magical wonder deal would be achieved. It wasn't. You've got straight with the program on the idea that a second vote would be somehow undemocratic, a neat demonstration of the quality of mind that will accept that a vote is undemocratic. What a terrible blow to democracy it would be to have a vote.
Nope. not even close. Let me spell it out for you. The entire British people went to the poll on an up/down vote on leaving the EU. Voted yes. Now we have calls for a 2nd vote? Dude, that's not democracy. It's anarchy. Get your head out of your Ass . You should know better.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

By WTC's logic he should shut the fuck up because he's Murican and cannot possibly know any thing about UK politics
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:38 am
Nope. not even close. Let me spell it out for you. The entire British people went to the poll on an up/down vote on leaving the EU. Voted yes. Now we have calls for a 2nd vote? Dude, that's not democracy. It's anarchy. Get your head out of your Ass . You should know better.
Yeah, you really can't understand what I'm saying here. It's not your fault, it's just beyond your comprehension. I guess I'll just leave it on the reason why it never was an up or down vote - all those nagging little questions about what that actually means out here in reality - and just ask you to explain why a 2nd referendum where all the people vote is any less democratic than the first one. We've had general elections more frequently than the interval since the first referendum, were they undemocratic?
The margin on the referendum was so narrow and demographically skewed that new voters coming of age and old ones dying off would already have reversed the result. Why do you think voters in a democracy can't change their minds? One vote to end all votes is how democracies die, not how they work. I doubt you can grasp this either though, I'm just wasting my time talking to a moron.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

AnalHamster wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:44 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:29 pm I would just assume being a British citizen, you would be more concerned that after your countries citizen's Bretix vote to leave the EU 3 years ago, your MP's are now defying the will of the people. Sounds like you have more pressing concerns close to home vs this Meuller Nothingburger.
Yeah, you really can't understand what I'm saying here. It's not your fault, it's just beyond your comprehension. I guess I'll just leave it on the reason why it never was an up or down vote - all those nagging little questions about what that actually means out here in reality - and just ask you to explain why a 2nd referendum where all the people vote is any less democratic than the first one. We've had general elections more frequently than the interval since the first referendum, were they undemocratic?
The margin on the referendum was so narrow and demographically skewed that new voters coming of age and old ones dying off would already have reversed the result. Why do you think voters in a democracy can't change their minds? One vote to end all votes is how democracies die, not how they work. I doubt you can grasp this either though, I'm just wasting my time talking to a moron.
Does your government work for the voters?
Did the voters vote to exit?

Sounds like the government isn't doing what the voters voted for. That what was voted for is difficult, disastrous, doomed to fail doesn't negate the fact it is what the voters want.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:29 pm I would just assume being a British citizen, you would be more concerned that after your countries citizen's Bretix vote to leave the EU 3 years ago, your MP's are now defying the will of the people. Sounds like you have more pressing concerns close to home vs this Meuller Nothingburger.

And there it is for all to see. Lib Brit doesn't like the results- change the rules, Democracy be damned. Damn dude. Tell me, as country that essentially invented it with the Magna Carta, that your country has essentially become Pakistan. Wake the FU
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:25 am
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:14 pm You can't really conceive of intelligence, but I can actually take an interest in both things. Hard brexit is not the will of the people, nor is May's deal. A second referendum at this point would return the opposite result, but apparently voting is no longer democratic and can't be countenanced.

And there it is for all to see. Lib Brit doesn't like the results- change the rules, Democracy be damned. Damn dude. Tell me, as country that essentially invented it with the Magna Carta, that your country has essentially become Pakistan. Wake the FU
How is it changing the rules to ask the same question again in the same way? Isn't that by definition following exactly the same rules? The only difference is now the voters would have a key new piece of information, for those too stupid to have figured it out originally - the deal they were promised is not possible.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

I'll give you props. Right out of the Soviet playbook. It seems you and the entire US Dem political party didn't get the message that it died 30 years ago.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Antknot wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:10 am
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:14 pm You can't really conceive of intelligence, but I can actually take an interest in both things. Hard brexit is not the will of the people, nor is May's deal. A second referendum at this point would return the opposite result, but apparently voting is no longer democratic and can't be countenanced.
Does your government work for the voters?
Did the voters vote to exit?

Sounds like the government isn't doing what the voters voted for. That what was voted for is difficult, disastrous, doomed to fail doesn't negate the fact it is what the voters want.
If you want to look at it in terms of the form of government, a referendum is absolutely and completely meaningless, it has no constitutional role at all in our representative democracy. It has a practical role in that politicians who ignore it will struggle to get reelected is all, but they can't implement it anyway in a form that people want so they're screwed on that anyway.

The voters were actually promised specific things which have proven to be impossible to actually achieve. If people had been told we'd crash out with no deal or become a vassal state following the same rules with no voice in shaping them, the vote would simply have been no. If what you vote for is a unicorn that the mexicans will pay for, that does in fact negate the fact that it's what the voters wanted. Giving them a pony their college fund paid for just is not the same thing, some of them might still go for it but you can't claim the mandate of the original vote.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:44 am out of the Soviet playbook. It seems you and the entire US Dem political party didn't get the message that it died 30 years ago.
Here's the question again, you tedious cowardly mental midget:

How is it changing the rules to ask the same question again in the same way? Isn't that by definition following exactly the same rules? The only difference is now the voters would have a key new piece of information, for those too stupid to have figured it out originally - the deal they were promised is not possible.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

So typical. Self-proclaimed authorities telling the voters they got it wrong. Just like the dims fighting Trump's election tooth and nail.

Manufacturing jobs were gone from the US forever. Another Ivy League pol proclaimed it so.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
JackRabbit_Slim
Have Sister, Will Bang

Post by JackRabbit_Slim »

AnalHamster wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:49 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:44 am out of the Soviet playbook. It seems you and the entire US Dem political party didn't get the message that it died 30 years ago.

So if you don't get the desired answer, just ask the same question until you do. Yeah that makes sense. We should've just kept holding general elections until Hillary won. Hooray for democracy.
"you have a fine boy there..." CaptGotti
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

JackRabbit_Slim wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:16 am

So if you don't get the desired answer, just ask the same question until you do. Yeah that makes sense. We should've just kept holding general elections until Hillary won. Hooray for democracy.
Uh oh, get ready for the "But Hillary did win!!1!11" derps. :lol:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

JackRabbit_Slim wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:16 am

Your general election is a constitutionally specified process that selects a leader and a line of succession for 4 years, re runs aren't an option even if the Russkies interfere. A referendum on the other hand is an effectively an opinion poll and unrelated to our constitution.

Brexiters oppose another referendum because they know they'd lose, given their now proven inability to deliver what they promised. Simples.
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

CaptQuint wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:44 am By WTC's logic he should shut the fuck up because he's Murican and cannot possibly know any thing about UK politics
Thats the one thing I miss on this forum, the ability got give Rep. This post would have had it. :lol:
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Hey WTC is this a Trump lie or does Trump not know where his Father was born?

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CaptQuint wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:44 am By WTC's logic he should shut the fuck up because he's Murican and cannot possibly know any thing about UK politics
OH SNAP !!!
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

AH. Let me spell it out for you. When you have an election and your side loses, your claim of needing a second election since the other side was uninformed and WTH all these voters are old and dying has to be the most pathetic BS ever spewed. This is why your side is fixing to be buried worldwide. Enjoy.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:16 am AH. Let me spell it out for you. When you have an election and your side loses, your claim of needing a second election since the other side was uninformed and WTH all these voters are old and dying has to be the most pathetic BS ever spewed. This is why your side is fixing to be buried worldwide. Enjoy.
No one here called for a new election. Did he lie?