I was told there is no crisis

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Re: I was told there is no crisis

Post by AnalHamster »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:50 pm
Biker wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:49 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:36 pm
Biker wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:27 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:19 pm Create a crisis he desperately needs to fulfill his campaign promise. Trump cares not at all how they are treated or how many die.
Obama called it a crisis when the numbers werent as staggering as they are now. Was he lying or just politicking?
Not updated, but thanks for making my point
Obama called it a crisis when the numbers werent as staggering as they are now

Are you high or just willfully ignorant?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1441
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:57 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:50 pm
Biker wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:49 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:36 pm
Biker wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:27 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:19 pm Create a crisis he desperately needs to fulfill his campaign promise. Trump cares not at all how they are treated or how many die.
Obama called it a crisis when the numbers werent as staggering as they are now. Was he lying or just politicking?
Not updated, but thanks for making my point
Obama called it a crisis when the numbers werent as staggering as they are now

Are you high or just willfully ignorant?
So youre looking at a marginal increase, which of course is not even close to the 2019 numbers.

So answer the question; was there a crisis then or was he lying? If you ask Hammy, he would say there was not crisis in 2014-15. Lets say you
The 2014 American immigration crisis was a surge in unaccompanied children and women from the Northern Triangle of Central America (NTCA) seeking entrance to the United States in 2014. According to U.S. law, an unaccompanied alien child refers to a person under 18 years of age, who has no lawful immigration status in the U.S., and who does not have a legal guardian to provide physical custody and care.[1] The surge increased rapidly, doubling in volume each year previously,[2] reaching extreme proportions that provoked a response from the U.S. government in 2014 when tens of thousands of women and children from El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras migrated to the United States.[3] Many of the children had no parent/legal guardian available to provide care or physical custody and quickly overwhelmed local border patrols

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Amer ... ion_crisis

Is the same true today?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:11 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:03 pm
The 2014 American immigration crisis was a surge in unaccompanied children and women from the Northern Triangle of Central America (NTCA) seeking entrance to the United States in 2014. According to U.S. law, an unaccompanied alien child refers to a person under 18 years of age, who has no lawful immigration status in the U.S., and who does not have a legal guardian to provide physical custody and care.[1] The surge increased rapidly, doubling in volume each year previously,[2] reaching extreme proportions that provoked a response from the U.S. government in 2014 when tens of thousands of women and children from El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras migrated to the United States.[3] Many of the children had no parent/legal guardian available to provide care or physical custody and quickly overwhelmed local border patrols

Is the same true today?
No, its much, much worse
unaccompanied children are flooding the border?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Biker wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:20 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:16 pm

Is the same true today?
No, its much, much worse
Yes
Peaked in 2014.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:20 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:16 pm

Is the same true today?
No, its much, much worse
Yes
Citation needed.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Where does it say unaccompanied children?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:06 pm
Of the 132,000 who were caught entering the country illegally, more than 84,000 were traveling as a family unit, 36,000 were single adults and 11,000 were unaccompanied children.

So no longer a "flood"
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:10 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:08 pm
Biker wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:06 pm
Of the 132,000 who were caught entering the country illegally, more than 84,000 were traveling as a family unit, 36,000 were single adults and 11,000 were unaccompanied children.

So no longer a "flood"
Nonsense. These are 11k kids. Thats the size of small towns
So Obama was lying when the number was quadruple that?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Nails it.

Fareed Zakaria: "It Pains Me To Say This," But Trump Was Right About Asylum System

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... ystem.html

FAREED ZAKARIA, CNN: Given President Trump's mean spirited and often bigoted attitudes on immigration, it pains me to say this, but he is right, that the United States faces a crisis with its asylum system. Democrats might hope that the out-of-control situation at the southern border undermines Trump's image among his base as a tough guy who can tackle immigration. But they should be careful. It could actually work to the president's advantage.

Since 2014, the flow of asylum seekers into the United States has skyrocketed. Last year, immigration courts received 162,000 asylum claims. A 240 percent increase from 2014. The result is a staggering backlog with more than 300,000 asylum cases pending and the average immigration case has been pending for more than 700 days. It's also clear that the rules surrounding asylum are vague, lax and being gamed.

The initial step for many asylum seekers is to convince officers that they have a credible fear of persecution in their home countries. And about 75 percent meet that criteria. Some applicants for asylum have suspiciously similar stories using identical phrases. Many simply use the system to enter the U.S. and then melt into the shadows or gain a work permit while their application is pending.

Asylum is meant to be granted to a very small number of people in extreme circumstances. Not as a substitute for the process of immigration itself. Yet, the two have gotten mixed up. As the Atlantic's David Frum has pointed out, the idea of a right to asylum is a relatively recent one dating to the early years of the Cold War. Guilt ridden over the rejection of many Jewish refugees during World War II the U.N. created a right of asylum to protect those who are fleeing regimes where they would be killed our imprisoned because of their identity or beliefs. This standard has gotten broader and broader over the years.

And now includes threats of gang warfare and domestic violence. These looser criteria coupled with the reality that this is a safe way to enter the U.S. have made the asylum system easy to abuse. Applications from Hondurans, Guatemalans and Salvadorans have surged even though the murder rate in their countries has been cut in half.

More broadly, hundreds of millions of people around the world who live in poor, unstable regions where threats of violence abound could easily apply for asylum. Do they all have the legal right to enter the U.S. through a backdoor, bypassing the normal immigration process? The Trump administration's approach has been mostly to toughen up the criteria. Hire more judges, push Mexico to keep applicants from entering the U.S.

But a much larger fix is needed. The criteria for asylum need to be rewritten and substantially tightened. The number of courts and officials dealing with asylum must be massively expanded. People should not be able to use asylum claims as a way to work in America. There needs to be a much greater cooperation with the home countries of these applicants rather than insults, threats and aid freezes.

No one fix will do it, but we need the kind of sensible bipartisan legislation that has resolved past immigration crises. Democrats have spent most of their efforts on this topic, assailing the Trump administration for its heartlessness. Fine. But that does not address the roots of this genuine crisis. If things continue to spiral downward and America's southern border seems out of control, Trump's tough rhetoric and hard line stance will become increasingly attractive to the public.

Keep in mind, that the rise of populism in the Western world is almost everywhere tied to fears of growing out of control immigration.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

I didn't see anything about a wall in that piece
I blame Biker.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

Some good points in there.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

Stapes wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:27 pm I didn't see anything about a wall in that piece
Nope, cause it aint the answer.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

B-Tender wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:28 pm
Stapes wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:27 pm I didn't see anything about a wall in that piece
Nope, cause it aint the answer.
Tell Trump and his maggats that
I blame Biker.
VisionaryEric
Wants a mod to change his custom title to something else.

Post by VisionaryEric »

It's sad when all you have as a reply is "you're bitter", or "you lost".
That's when you should realize the situation. But no. Trump said "fuck immigrants" and poses as a nationalist, so you excuse everything else with lies and fake news.
MAGA my ass.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

VisionaryEric wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:47 pm It's sad when all you have as a reply is "you're bitter", or "you lost".
That's when you should realize the situation. But no. Trump said "fuck immigrants" and poses as a nationalist, so you excuse everything else with lies and fake news.
MAGA my ass.
Trump did not say "Fuck immigrants" he essentially said "Fuck illegal immigrants". There is a difference.
VisionaryEric

Post by VisionaryEric »

Antknot wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:50 pm
VisionaryEric wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:47 pm It's sad when all you have as a reply is "you're bitter", or "you lost".
MAGA my ass.
Trump did not say "Fuck immigrants" he essentially said "Fuck illegal immigrants". There is a difference.
Uh, no.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

VisionaryEric wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:03 pm
MAGA my ass.
Uh, no.
Except in the, you know, literal definition. In fact, they have entire laws written that describe exactly what each are. Why exactly do you think they're the same?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
VisionaryEric

Post by VisionaryEric »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:54 pm
MAGA my ass.
Uh, no.
Except in the, you know, literal definition. In fact, they have entire laws written that describe exactly what each are. Why exactly do you think they're the same?
There's a difference, but Trump isn't making one.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

MAGA my ass.
Uh, no.
An asylee who applies at a port of entry is taken to the same processing centres as one who walks up to the first border Gerard they see and makes the claim from us soil. One has followed legal procedure fully, the other has committed a misdemeanor, they're both going to the same concentration camps.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:36 am
MAGA my ass.
Uh, no.
An asylee who applies at a port of entry is taken to the same processing centres as one who walks up to the first border Gerard they see and makes the claim from us soil. One has followed legal procedure fully, the other has committed a misdemeanor, they're both going to the same concentration camps.
Do you think that is the only way to be a "legal immigrant"?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:49 am
MAGA my ass.
Uh, no.
Nope, I think it is a way to be a legal immigrant, and one that lands you in a concentration camp with the hardened misdemeanors. Someone claiming asylum at a port of entry is following the law.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:54 am
Antknot wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:50 pm Trump did not say "Fuck immigrants" he essentially said "Fuck illegal immigrants". There is a difference.
Uh, no.
Nope, I think it is a way to be a legal immigrant, and one that lands you in a concentration camp with the hardened misdemeanors. Someone claiming asylum at a port of entry is following the law.
That is indeed one of the legal ways and a way that was shown by my article to be in need of a desperate overhaul. What exactly are your problems with Zakaria's outline?
A person that doesnt just show up at the border and goes through the application process will not have to be detained.
https://www.usa.gov/become-us-citizen
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:04 am
VisionaryEric wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:03 pm Uh, no.
That is indeed one of the legal ways and a way that was shown by my article to be in need of a desperate overhaul. What exactly are your problems with Zakaria's outline?
A person that doesnt just show up at the border and goes through the application process will not have to be detained.
Legal immigrants are being detained with the ones who commit a misdemeanor. You denied that was happening in order to justify the concentration camps. Don't just pick up the goalposts and run away, think about why you were wrong, think about the new information you have and what it means to the conclusions you drew on false information. Think.

I'd also point out that the children in the child concentration camps are not criminally responsible, being children. Or 'tender age' in the words of the propaganda ministry. And also, someone who can sit patiently for years going through an application process isn't applying for asylum, except perhaps from a refugee camp. Duh.
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

Are you saying there is not a difference?

MAGA my ass.
Uh, no.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:15 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:04 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:54 pm Except in the, you know, literal definition. In fact, they have entire laws written that describe exactly what each are. Why exactly do you think they're the same?
Legal immigrants are being detained with the ones who commit a misdemeanor. You denied that was happening in order to justify the concentration camps. Don't just pick up the goalposts and run away, think about why you were wrong, think about the new information you have and what it means to the conclusions you drew on false information. Think.

I'd also point out that the children in the child concentration camps are not criminally responsible, being children. Or 'tender age' in the words of the propaganda ministry. And also, someone who can sit patiently for years going through an application process isn't applying for asylum, except perhaps from a refugee camp. Duh.
:lol:

You want to deny that there is a way to become a citizen without being detained. There is. And that is the difference I was referencing. There is no error on my part as I never claimed seeking asylum was illegal. The asylum route is legal and also abused; just like Zakaria outlined. Again, what is your exact problem with his article? Do you deny that the asylum system is broken and in need of an overhaul? Use your words like a big boy.