Wuhan Coronavirus

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

Post by Cassandros »

kwebber wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:51 am
Cassandros wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:49 am Let's take this thought experiment a few steps further.

What happens to Canada when tens of millions (if not potentially hundreds of millions) of Americans just cross over and demanded free food, housing, medicine, and schooling?

((Also, if I know the consequence for breaking into Canada was losing my son --> I probably wouldn't make that trek in the first place.
But I'm crazy like that.))
You're making a ridiculous comparison. Canada has about 37 million people in it. 10 million people would be almost 1/3 of our population. That's like saying if you US Americans had 100,000,000 refugees storm your border. It's a stupid comparison. And for the record, the guy who posted that, is an American, just using Canada as an example. American foreign policy in South America, creating refugees who are trying to escape real danger. Then, when they make it to the US American border, you lock them and their children up. He's saying if that was happening to US Americans, what would you think? You probably wouldn't like it. But that might be too much for you to attempt to imagine.
Don't get me wrong, the US meddling in the affairs of others is a practice I vehemently oppose. But if parents sneak their family into Disney world, I don't blame Disney world for kicking them out, I blame the people who broke the law.

Also, the comparison, or really the thought experiment is absolutely apt.

If the US economy collapsed and tens (to hundreds) of millions of Americans fled North to Canada --> What happens to Canada when that many Americans just cross over and demanded free food, housing, medicine, and schooling?

And how many Americans would make that journey knowing the consequences for illegally entering Canada?

Don't let fear of the truth prevent you from being honest about the situation.

Yes, we all want to help everyone; but taking from one person to help another is not being noble, good, or altruistic. Brian Krassenstein's barely-veiled attempt at justifying open borders is pathetic. Only people who think with their emotions are foolish enough to defend such drivel, and/or repost it.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

I had to look up goomah.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

B-Tender wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:33 pm I had to look up goomah.
You never hang out with your Godmother?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I just searched my facebook messenger and I got whippin sick on January 10th and was sick for about 10 days. anyone else have "The worst flu they ever had back in Jan or Feb?
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

Trump's last three tweets....

"Because the “Ratings” of my News Conferences etc. are so high, “Bachelor finale, Monday Night Football type numbers” according to the
@nytimes
, the Lamestream Media is going CRAZY. “Trump is reaching too many people, we must stop him.” said one lunatic. See you at 5:00 P.M.!"

“President Trump is a ratings hit. Since reviving the daily White House briefing Mr. Trump and his coronavirus updates have attracted an average audience of 8.5 million on cable news, roughly the viewership of the season finale of ‘The Bachelor.’ Numbers are continuing to rise..."

"...On Monday, nearly 12.2 million people watched Mr. Trump’s briefing on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC, according to Nielsen — ‘Monday Night Football’ numbers. Millions more are watching on ABC, CBS, NBC and online streaming sites, and the audience is expanding. On Monday, Fox News..."

Is he aware that there is NOTHING else happening other than this virus? Really are RATINGS the only numbers he is willing to acknowledge?

Sorry American friends and family. You are screwed.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:05 pm Yeah, my wife and are wondering the same thing. We assumed it was the flu and our docs prescribed Tamiflu without administering a test. It worked well for me but didn’t do shit for the wife
I think there was a flu shot thread here late last year, not the most resent one. I remember saying I never get the shot and never get the flu. Not that much later after saying that I was damn near death, fever chills joint pain. Coughing up mucus like it was going out of style. I think I went through a whole package of toilet paper blowing my nose. It could be a coincidence but I dunno
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:05 pm Trump's last three tweets....

"Because the “Ratings” of my News Conferences etc. are so high, “Bachelor finale, Monday Night Football type numbers” according to the
@nytimes
, the Lamestream Media is going CRAZY. “Trump is reaching too many people, we must stop him.” said one lunatic. See you at 5:00 P.M.!"

“President Trump is a ratings hit. Since reviving the daily White House briefing Mr. Trump and his coronavirus updates have attracted an average audience of 8.5 million on cable news, roughly the viewership of the season finale of ‘The Bachelor.’ Numbers are continuing to rise..."

"...On Monday, nearly 12.2 million people watched Mr. Trump’s briefing on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC, according to Nielsen — ‘Monday Night Football’ numbers. Millions more are watching on ABC, CBS, NBC and online streaming sites, and the audience is expanding. On Monday, Fox News..."

Is he aware that there is NOTHING else happening other than this virus? Really are RATINGS the only numbers he is willing to acknowledge?

Sorry American friends and family. You are screwed.
Elect a reality tv star president and the whole nation gets to play survivor
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Stapes wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:39 pm
necronomous wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:29 pm
Stapes wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:23 pm
necronomous wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:54 pm
Stapes wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:56 am
necronomous wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:46 am
No he didn't

Ousted and disbanded is Washington speak for fired.

Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer abruptly departed from his post leading the global health security team on the National Security Council in May 2018 amid a reorganization of the council by then-National Security Advisor John Bolton, and Ziemer’s team was disbanded. Tom Bossert, whom the Washington Post reported “had called for a comprehensive biodefense strategy against pandemics and biological attacks,” had been fired one month prior.
It’s thus true that the Trump administration axed the executive branch team responsible for coordinating a response to a pandemic and did not replace it, eliminating Ziemer’s position and reassigning others, although Bolton was the executive at the top of the National Security Council chain of command at the time.

In May 2018, the team was disbanded and its head Timothy Ziemer, top White House official in the NSC for leading U.S. response against a pandemic, left the Trump administration, the Washington Post reported ( here ). Some members of the global health and security team were merged into other units within the NSC, the article said
They quit, he didn't refill and disband. Quitting is not firing.
John Bolton disbanded the team and Ziemer quit in disgust. Stop rewriting history
That's what I said
The team didn't quit you moron what aren't you getting? I think you just like to be contrarian. It's really annoying
Yeah just glaze over the article
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Wut wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:15 pm
Stapes wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:39 pm
necronomous wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:29 pm
Stapes wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:23 pm
necronomous wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:54 pm
Stapes wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:56 am

Ousted and disbanded is Washington speak for fired.

Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer abruptly departed from his post leading the global health security team on the National Security Council in May 2018 amid a reorganization of the council by then-National Security Advisor John Bolton, and Ziemer’s team was disbanded. Tom Bossert, whom the Washington Post reported “had called for a comprehensive biodefense strategy against pandemics and biological attacks,” had been fired one month prior.
It’s thus true that the Trump administration axed the executive branch team responsible for coordinating a response to a pandemic and did not replace it, eliminating Ziemer’s position and reassigning others, although Bolton was the executive at the top of the National Security Council chain of command at the time.

In May 2018, the team was disbanded and its head Timothy Ziemer, top White House official in the NSC for leading U.S. response against a pandemic, left the Trump administration, the Washington Post reported ( here ). Some members of the global health and security team were merged into other units within the NSC, the article said
They quit, he didn't refill and disband. Quitting is not firing.
John Bolton disbanded the team and Ziemer quit in disgust. Stop rewriting history
That's what I said
The team didn't quit you moron what aren't you getting? I think you just like to be contrarian. It's really annoying
He does like to argue for the sake of arguing and he is annoying.
Hey two pots.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Biker wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:05 pm Yeah, my wife and are wondering the same thing. We assumed it was the flu and our docs prescribed Tamiflu without administering a test. It worked well for me but didn’t do shit for the wife
I recall mentioning it was likely Flu A, which starting picking up after the kids got through with Flu B.

I was pretty sick with a fever (102 for 2-3 days) and achy-ness around the first week of February, ~10 days of feeling shitty (and yes, I got the quad shot). I assume it was the Flu.

As of March 1 or a little before, my entire office starting getting a persistent cough. I checked my temperature constantly, never had a fever. No achy-ness. Cough still can keep me awake, but it's very intermittent. And it's not the dry cough they say you get with The Plague.

P.S. I wonder about their "symptoms" for The Plague. Maybe it's not always "fever and a dry cough" like they're saying? I know some have nearly no symptoms at all.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:14 pm 10000 dead in Italy
Caskets getting stacked up in churches
51 of the Dead are doctors.
As my model predicted (or so it seems), Italy is about over the hump with this virus. That doesn't mean there won't be more cases and it doesn't mean there won't be more deaths, but it does mean that it is no longer accelerating. (If you are wondering, my model showed its acceleration peaked on March 21st)

So, expect to see these kind of results here when the peak approaches.
Last edited by Animal on Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Biker wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:23 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:53 pm
I recall mentioning it was likely Flu A, which starting picking up after the kids got through with Flu B.

I was pretty sick with a fever (102 for 2-3 days) and achy-ness around the first week of February, ~10 days of feeling shitty (and yes, I got the quad shot). I assume it was the Flu.

As of March 1 or a little before, my entire office starting getting a persistent cough. I checked my temperature constantly, never had a fever. No achy-ness. Cough still can keep me awake, but it's very intermittent. And it's not the dry cough they say you get with The Plague.

P.S. I wonder about their "symptoms" for The Plague. Maybe it's not always "fever and a dry cough" like they're saying? I know some have nearly no symptoms at all.
Yeah, I still have a lingering cough but Im thinking it may be related to seasonal allergies. Its practically raining pollen here the last few weeks
Yeah, the tree pollen can get me too. I'm on Nasacort to deal with it, but that may not be wise with The Plague around.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

:lol: Ricky
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Stapes wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:51 am
Antknot wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:04 am
CaptQuint wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:09 am People with underlying health conditions are disproportionately at risk of severe complications from the coronavirus.
The death rate for coronavirus patients with heart disease is around 10%, some research suggests.
That's because the virus can cause damage to the heart and surrounding tissues, and that damage can lead to death.
New research suggests the coronavirus can even injure healthy coronavirus patients' heart muscles or cause partial heart failure, including among people who do not present respiratory symptoms.

https://www.businessinsider.in/science/ ... 855807.cms
More like 0.28%
https://www.oann.com/dr-anthony-fauci-b ... -of-virus/
That 0.28 doesn't mean a thing. And it's funny the only ones I hear touting those numbers are the far right websites. I don't see anything definitive coming from dr. Fauci. It's almost like they're pushing some kind of an agenda to downplay the numbers just like mr. Trump wants
I see Stapes still has his tin foil hat on 2 months in. Probably time to either figure how to clean it or get another one.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Stapes wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:51 am
Antknot wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:04 am
CaptQuint wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:09 am People with underlying health conditions are disproportionately at risk of severe complications from the coronavirus.
The death rate for coronavirus patients with heart disease is around 10%, some research suggests.
That's because the virus can cause damage to the heart and surrounding tissues, and that damage can lead to death.
New research suggests the coronavirus can even injure healthy coronavirus patients' heart muscles or cause partial heart failure, including among people who do not present respiratory symptoms.

https://www.businessinsider.in/science/ ... 855807.cms
More like 0.28%
https://www.oann.com/dr-anthony-fauci-b ... -of-virus/
That 0.28 doesn't mean a thing. And it's funny the only ones I hear touting those numbers are the far right websites. I don't see anything definitive coming from dr. Fauci. It's almost like they're pushing some kind of an agenda to downplay the numbers just like mr. Trump wants
I see Stapes still has his tin foil hat on 2 months in. Probably time to either figure how to clean it or get another one.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I'm curious about one thing. We have heard stories for years now about how a virus pandemic could be devastating, blah blah blah. And we have heard about preparations, and drills and hospitals doing this and that to prepare for one.

So, now that we are in one, how is it that every single hospital in the country doesn't have enough masks or gloves? I mean, in pandemic planning school, wouldn't that be one of the easiest things to predict? If not one single hospital in the country could predict how many masks to have, or at least a plan to get masks, then how can we have expected for them to predict the number of beds or ventilators or anything else?

what kind of pandemic were they prepared for? I mean NYC started blowing fuses when they got to around 5,000 people needing to be in the hospital. That doesn't seem all that pandemic-ky to me if you are preparing for a pandemic.

And, on another note, stop telling us to use hand sanitizer. That shit has been unavailable for about 3 weeks now.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers :baaa:
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Flumper wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:34 pm I'm curious about one thing. We have heard stories for years now about how a virus pandemic could be devastating, blah blah blah. And we have heard about preparations, and drills and hospitals doing this and that to prepare for one.

So, now that we are in one, how is it that every single hospital in the country doesn't have enough masks or gloves? I mean, in pandemic planning school, wouldn't that be one of the easiest things to predict? If not one single hospital in the country could predict how many masks to have, or at least a plan to get masks, then how can we have expected for them to predict the number of beds or ventilators or anything else?

what kind of pandemic were they prepared for? I mean NYC started blowing fuses when they got to around 5,000 people needing to be in the hospital. That doesn't seem all that pandemic-ky to me if you are preparing for a pandemic.

And, on another note, stop telling us to use hand sanitizer. That shit has been unavailable for about 3 weeks now.
Apparently, it's available in NY. The prisoners are making it, and Cuomo says it's better than the commercial stuff!

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/prison-in ... d=69501815
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i know how to make it, but you can't buy rubbing alcohol (any kind of alcohol. at all) anywhere either.

The fucking government should put out a list with a price for each item. For instance:

1 Roll Toilet Paper $1.00
1/2 pint Hand Sanitizer $2.00
1 pint Rubbing Alcohol $1.00
1 Roll Paper Towels $1.00
Any 1 item made by Lysol $2.00 (or containing Lysol)

If anyone in the United States is found to be offering any of those items for one penny above the listed prices, then they will be charged with a felony and put into prison immediately.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Flumper wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:48 pm
i know how to make it, but you can't buy rubbing alcohol (any kind of alcohol. at all) anywhere either.

The fucking government should put out a list with a price for each item. For instance:

If anyone in the United States is found to be offering any of those items for one penny above the listed prices, then they will be charged with a felony and put into prison immediately.
What about the invisible hand of the market? Are you turning your back on capitalism?
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Somehow, NY is getting it. Maybe from liquor manufacturers, converting their stills to supply?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:52 pm

What about the invisible hand of the market? Are you turning your back on capitalism?
capitalism will take care of it. in time. its just during the time people are catching stuff that might kill them that it seems to be more important.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

CaptQuint wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:37 pm I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers
:lol: :lol: :lol: I just got that. "Johnny Dangerously". Right?
Last edited by WestTexasCrude on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.