Court blocks Alabama from executing Muslim inmate without his imam present

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: Court blocks Alabama from executing Muslim inmate without his imam present

Post by CHEEZY17 »

What I don't get is that this being a prison and all, aren't there any number of Muslim dudes who could have ministered to him prior to the execution? If he was looking for some exact specific Muslim dude then fuck that. Same with the Christian minister: you get whatever dude happens to have that job at that time. What if the next guy wants the fucking pope?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:59 pm What I don't get is that this being a prison and all, aren't there any number of Muslim dudes who could have ministered to him prior to the execution? If he was looking for some exact specific Muslim dude then fuck that. Same with the Christian minister: you get whatever dude happens to have that job at that time. What if the next guy wants the fucking pope?
Did you read the article dumbass?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

captquint wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:02 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:59 pm What I don't get is that this being a prison and all, aren't there any number of Muslim dudes who could have ministered to him prior to the execution? If he was looking for some exact specific Muslim dude then fuck that. Same with the Christian minister: you get whatever dude happens to have that job at that time. What if the next guy wants the fucking pope?
Actually, no I didn't. Never mind, then :lol:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

:o
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:02 pm
:o
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:02 pm
:D
wut?
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

They executed him for an act done before he became a Muslim. Not seen what if any religion he was at the time he did it. If he had a religion at the time he did it, that's the one that should have observed.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Antknot wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:02 am They executed him for an act done before he became a Muslim. Not seen what if any religion he was at the time he did it. If he had a religion at the time he did it, that's the one that should have observed.

That pretty much goes against every asshole in prison who found Jesus and looking for his get out of hell card.
I blame Biker.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Stapes wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:07 am
Antknot wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:02 am They executed him for an act done before he became a Muslim. Not seen what if any religion he was at the time he did it. If he had a religion at the time he did it, that's the one that should have observed.

That pretty much goes against every asshole in prison who found Jesus and looking for his get out of hell card.
Noticed that did you. I'm also against early parole for overcrowding and multiple appeals without new evidence.
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

Antknot wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:42 pm
Stapes wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:07 am

Noticed that did you. I'm also against early parole for overcrowding and multiple appeals without new evidence.
...without new evidence. You would think this alone would make for very short appeals.

"So, what changed since your conviction?"
"I found Jesus. Nothing else changed."
"Denied. Next."
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

There are a lot of innocent people in prison due to things like shaky eyewitness evidence, bad cops or discredited junk science forensics. Sometimes what's needed is just reexamination of the same evidence. The system is flawed and massively stacked against any unfortunate innocent people post conviction.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

analhamster wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:08 pm There are a lot of innocent people in prison due to thing like shaky eyewitness evidence, bad cops or discredited junk science forensics. Sometimes what's needed is just reexamination of the same evidence. The system is flawed and massively stacked against any unfortunate innocent people post conviction.
Nah, you heard Pimp, fuck 'em